• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah there is no way he'd be as good of a mudad as fanart depicts it but it is hilarious anyways.

Honestly I imagine a more canonlike DIO would be a distant father that only approaches his kids when convenient but still feels some pride in them. Only for Giorno tho. The part 6 kids are the disappointments.
He can't be any worse of a dad than Jotaro.

Playsage

Yup, the translator straight-up invented Ghiaccio being a weird Francophile. He's actually ranting about how most languages call the city "Venice" instead of "Venizia" like it is in Italian and blames English for poisoning the linguistic well.
*Venezia
or "Venessia" in local dialect

Ghe sboro, fio! = yare yare daze

JayEH

Dio wouldn't use his law degree to talk him out of prison? "Son I can represent you for free, but it must be at night."
I guess I should amend my statement. Jotaro does actually fuck off when he hears jolyne is in prison because he thought she was a trouble maker. It's only when he found out it was a prison of stand users that he came to help. Dio might help with the first situation not sure about the second.

jotaro punched joylne in less than 5 minutes after meeting her in prison.
Damn.
I guess I should amend my statement. Jotaro does actually fuck off when he hears jolyne is in prison because he thought she was a trouble maker. It's only when he found out it was a prison of stand users that he came to help. Dio might help with the first situation not sure about the second.
"Yare Yare Daze...dolphins."
5695987+_d7082c5b1c752bf10d610c05832fbb81.jpg

Thud

He thought it was a prison for dolphins, so he came with different intentions.

Astral

It's funny. I got to the Stone Ocean chapter of EoH and Jotaro seems so annoyed by the fact that he has a daughter in the future. I can just imagine him thinking "Yare yare daze. I now know what NOT to do in a few years."

EDIT: I don't remember him punching her in Part 6 though, damn.

It's funny. I got to the Stone Ocean chapter of EoH and Jotaro seems so annoyed by the fact that he has a daughter in the future. I can just imagine him thinking "Yare yare daze. I now know what NOT to do in a few years."
"Diavolo, I need you to erase the moment I had sex out of existence."

EDIT: I don't remember him punching her in Part 6 though, damn.

To be fair it was a literally life saving punch

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Jotaro punched Jolyne as the simplest way of getting her out of the range of a trap. It's probably something he'd do to Polnareff or Joseph.

which says a lot about his attitude, but hey

cntr

Banned
that's one of the moments that makes me think Jotaro was just terrible at socially interacting with Jolyne, rather than being genuinely uncaring like Gendo or Ging

Genryu

Banned
I just think that after Valentine became president he let himself go a little bit.

During the race when we don't see him, he's following an ancient Aztec workout program.

Astral

that's one of the moments that makes me think Jotaro was just terrible at socially interacting with Jolyne, rather than being genuinely uncaring like Gendo or Ging

Well he's terrible at socializing with just about anyone so it's not surprising. Seriously how did he even get a wife?

Well he's terrible at socializing with just about anyone so it's not surprising. Seriously how did he even get a wife?
I like to imagine he found a fellow dolphin lover, but they split later when Jotaro got caught up in Part 4 shit and decided stands/dolphins were more important.

Speaking of dads Johnny has experience with them

Astral

Similar to how Kira can have a hawt wife fall in love with him.

I always figured that's how it happened. Some girl he met in college thought he was hot and he just rolled with it. Unlike Kira's wife though, this woman realized that Jotaro wasn't worth it. At least he didn't tell Jolyne he wished she had died. Shit I don't think even Gendo told Shinji that.

I always figured that's how it happened. Some girl he met in college thought he was hot and he just rolled with it. Unlike Kira's wife though, this woman realized that Jotaro wasn't worth it. At least he didn't tell Jolyne he wished she had died. Shit I don't think even Gendo told Shinji that.
"Jolyne, I wish you were a dolphin."

cntr

Banned
Jotaro was the once who started the divorce, though.

it's fun to joke about, but it's probably just Jotaro getting lonely, hooking up with someone attracted to his coolness, and it not working out. Things like that happen in real life.

Astral

Jotaro was the once who started the divorce, though.

it's fun to joke about, but it's probably just Jotaro getting lonely, hooking up with someone attracted to his coolness, and it not working out. Things like that happen in real life.

Oh yeah he did. I believe because of all the sutando bullshit he didn't want his family going through. Poor Jotaro forever alone. For sure Jolyne came before the marriage. That's my headcanon anyway.

I'm pretty sure Jotaro specifically says that he stayed away from Jolyne to protect her, since he knew people would be trying to track down anyone related to him.

In fact that's why Jolyne was in prison to begin with, because of exactly why Jotaro stayed distant. And the instant him staying away stops working? Rushes right over to her and sacrifices himself for her.

JayEH

Do you not remember the beginning of part 3 and 4 were all the girls were begging for the D
olphin
?

I'm pretty sure Jotaro specifically says that he stayed away from Jolyne to protect her, since he knew people would be trying to track down anyone related to him.

In fact that's why Jolyne was in prison to begin with, because of exactly why Jotaro stayed distant. And the instant him staying away stops working? Rushes right over to her and sacrifices himself for her.

Yeah like I said he's there when it matters. Maybe abandoning wasn't the right thing to do but he still cares for jolyne.

Edit: my bad double post

cntr

Banned
Dio's bullshit screwing up Jotaro's life is canon, isn't it? Irene has a good relationship with her father, because Pucci being erased from the Ireneverse let Jotaro get rid of all of Dio's minions and have time to be a good dad.

Dio's bullshit screwing up Jotaro's life is canon, isn't it? Irene has a good relationship with her father, because Pucci being erased from the Ireneverse let Jotaro get rid of all of Dio's minions and have time to be a good dad.

Isn't it canon that Dio pretty much screwed every JoJo's life?

Also regarding the universe reset, were the only characters affected the ones from part 6 (main crew and Pucci)? Makes me wonder how that alternate timeline's Josuke and Giorno are doing.

cntr

Banned
Pucci got erased from the Ireneverse, so Parts 1 to 5 wouldn't change much. Maybe Dio was slightly different without Pucci, maybe Jotaro was more sociable as an adult without having to worry about the diary and Dio's minions.

Part 6 doesn't happen, though, since it's all connected to Pucci or Pucci's influence.

Ezalc

It's really disappointing that past part 4 we don't really see returning protagonists in the same capacity. Yeah Jotaro shows up and you have Polnareff too, but I would have enjoyed seeing Josuke and Shizuka interacting in part 5 and 6 somehow.

cntr

Banned
Josuke not being in future parts is thematically appropriate, though, he doesn't want to get involved in stando bullshit, he wants a quiet life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom