• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Araki is going to kill him off but will try to make him sympathetic right before he does.

Yep. From early on I figured this would be Joshu's arc. Of course that's too obvious and this time Jo2uke will die, leaving Joshu to be the one to deliver the final blow

He'll fuse with Jobin to form the true final villain and stand, King Crimson.

lmao, Joshu as Epitaph would be hilarious.

Astral

I replayed the EoH demo and it was somehow less ass than the first time I played it but I still don't understand the UI. What's that half circle meter next to the character portrait? What are those two little stars? What are the little stars under the Dual Attack Mode button whenever it pops up? What determines when it'll pop up? When can I use my special? Is there a meter for it? I don't see one.

I replayed the EoH demo and it was somehow less ass than the first time I played it but I still don't understand the UI. What's that half circle meter next to the character portrait? What are those two little stars? What are the little stars under the Dual Attack Mode button whenever it pops up? What determines when it'll pop up? When can I use my special? Is there a meter for it? I don't see one.

Half circle meter: I don't know.
Two little stars: Those are for combo cancels. While doing a string, you can press I think L2 or R2 to do a cancel and start another string.
Little stars under DHC meter: I don't know, I think it affects the time you have to perform a DHC?

I think the meter for DHA's is the half circle meter on the bottom right

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I like how everyone's reaction to Kaato sitting on the couch is "oh yeah, there's a weird woman sitting there, it's probably fine, it's not like a Stand user almost killed all of us in our house recently or anything."

And I wasn't expecting Joshuu to somehow get worse. Though
I was really happy when he got impaled by the chair, I hope he continues to be the guinea pig for enemy Stand abilities.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Though the card concealing thing is a really great ability. Or maybe it's the ability to conceal things within anything? Are the cards the stand?

Random thought I got while watching the SBF playthrough of EoH, but Fugo never gets saved from Dio's control does he? It feels weird but I wonder if it was on purpose.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member

Big Half Circle on the Left: Dual Heat Guage or 'friendship meter'. Filling it up gives you team combos (blue dots that show up, both players press touchpad) and DHA (red dots that give team supers, or an extra bar of rage when fighting solo, L1+R1). Divided into six chunks, one chunk gives a team combo, and a DHA is given at half and at full. Doing combos fills it slowly, while you and your partner taking damage fills it faster. So if you are creaming your opponent, they'll get access to this stuff sooner than you. Matches tend to end before people get two DHA's, though so don't count on it too much.

Big Purple Gem: Combo breaker meter. If it's shining, then you can press L2 + R2 to do a combo breaker. Combo breakers blow the opponent away, so they can trigger 'dramatic finishers', too (early kills when you blow the opponent away in certain parts of some stages if they are on their last life).

Blue Gems: PC (flash cancel) work similar to PCs in ASB but without the brief pause. Used to continue combos, or to bait the opponent.

Health Bar: Has three hearts next to it. Each one is a life. Taking a life auto drops combos and puts you in a hard knockdown state. When you get up, you have brief invincibility. This prevents infinates and and impossible to escape beat-downs.

Yellow Bar Beneath Health Bar: this is the stamina gauge, like in dark souls. Jumping, L2 dashes, and 'O' side steps will drain it. If it gets too low, you can't use L1 specials. If it drains all the way, you can't jump, L2, or 'O' dodge until it gradually fills to the top. If there is a point where it feels like the game is dropping inputs, it's probably because you drained you stamina bar.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
SO repicked up Part 8 from where i left off(right as dumb hair dude entered the scene). First, WOW THAT GUY WAS BRUTAL! I didn't pick up what was up with the bill, but when he started to use it, just... he would have been great in the part 5 mafia. Also I think Vitamin C has the coolest stand design I have ever seen in this series. Actually, Part 8 has kind of been killing it on stand designs now that I think of it.
Second, can't stress this enough, wow Joshu is a piece of shit. Why is he on the "good guy" team? I have a theory the family is the end boss, but who knows with this series.
Third and final, wow the stands in this part are weird, and kind of abstract. I am having some real trouble following the rules these guys are playing at. Like, why would burning soft dad bring his fingerprints up to get Haoto? Or how did Joshu "defeat" the Milgrim that time before he tricked the guy into taking it? And don't get me started on Soft and Wet. I am still kind of unsure of what exactly it can do...

Astral

Big Half Circle on the Left: Dual Heat Guage or 'friendship meter'. Filling it up gives you team combos (blue dots that show up, both players press touchpad) and DHA (red dots that give team supers, or an extra bar of rage when fighting solo, L1+R1). Divided into six chunks, one chunk gives a team combo, and a DHA is given at half and at full. Doing combos fills it slowly, while you and your partner taking damage fills it faster. So if you are creaming your opponent, they'll get access to this stuff sooner than you. Matches tend to end before people get two DHA's, though so don't count on it too much.

Big Purple Gem: Combo breaker meter. If it's shining, then you can press L2 + R2 to do a combo breaker. Combo breakers blow the opponent away, so they can trigger 'dramatic finishers', too (early kills when you blow the opponent away in certain parts of some stages if they are on their last life).

Blue Gems: PC (flash cancel) work similar to PCs in ASB but without the brief pause. Used to continue combos, or to bait the opponent.

Health Bar: Has three hearts next to it. Each one is a life. Taking a life auto drops combos and puts you in a hard knockdown state. When you get up, you have brief invincibility. This prevents infinates and and impossible to escape beat-downs.

Yellow Bar Beneath Health Bar: this is the stamina gauge, like in dark souls. Jumping, L2 dashes, and 'O' side steps will drain it. If it gets too low, you can't use L1 specials. If it drains all the way, you can't jump, L2, or 'O' dodge until it gradually fills to the top. If there is a point where it feels like the game is dropping inputs, it's probably because you drained you stamina bar.

Yeah I just saw it all when I tried the story mode and it explained everything. Now it makes a lot more sense. The game is mashy as fuck but it's kinda fun.

EDIT: Just read the chapter. Joshu's a fucking idiot. It pains me that he has my favorite stand in Jojolion so far.

cntr

Banned
You know...

2KhiwX6.png

Doppio is literally wearing that "chest window" sweater

Debirudog

Finally got to read it and the mom is a really cool character (she reminds me of Jolyne). And yep, Joshu is such a degenerate perverted shit.

hold the fuck up

in eyes of heaven, jotaro rewrites history where everyone lives and is a better person also and like there's no reprocussion on the timeline

he even rewrites gappy and joshuu into actually being friends

what

Debirudog

hold the fuck up

in eyes of heaven, jotaro rewrites history where everyone lives and is a better person also and like there's no reprocussion on the timeline

what

Unless, Joshuu became a better person, this is an asshole move of Jotaro.

cntr

Banned
wow I'm dumb

I didn't realize "Mother and Meeting" meant both Josuke meeting his mom and the Higashikatas meeting their mom

Unless, Joshuu became a better person, this is an asshole move of Jotaro.

Jotaro probably got really annoyed with Joshuu going on and on about Yasuho and decided to completely override Joshuu's obsession with her which in turn somehow affected Joshuu's entire being into being at least tolerable

Maybe

Debirudog

Jotaro probably got really annoyed with Joshuu going on and on about Yasuho and decided to completely override Joshuu's obsession with her which in turn somehow affected Joshuu's entire being into being at least tolerable

Maybe

Dude is a massive creep given the new chapter.

hold the fuck up

what

Also he takes Jolyne with him to Morioh! Yay! Terrible father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom