• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Bets on one of the Part 5 OPs having that shot.

Was thinking they might use it during the episode where They introduce the gang. It being that commercial break thing where they usually show the user with their stand and stats.

cntr

Banned
In Chinese, the word for "death" (死, sǐ) and "four" (四, ) are pronounced almost the same, only distinguished by the tone. Since Japanese doesn't have tones, they borrowed both words as shi.

The similar pronunciation in Chinese/identical pronunciation in Japanese made the word unlucky. Nothing to do with Chinese characters, per se.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok i just i saw the ending to jojo part X: Eyes of heaven. This is my take on it:

"Jojo is the most powerful character, stand user, and best jojo."- Araki circa 2016.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope the first teaser for Golden Wind has the screen flash PART 1: Phantom Blood, PART 2: Battle Tendency, PART 3: Stardust Crusaders, PART 4: Diamond is Unbreakable...

And then you hear Mista yell about four and Sex Pistols fly on the screen and shoot through the logo as it changes to PART 5: Golden Wind.

don't why I said French, you're right.

Because the French language is the most beautiful language in the world.

tumblr_inline_ng44xgxxCX1r10hbr.png

Is that the old scans translation?

Yup, the translator straight-up invented Ghiaccio being a weird Francophile. He's actually ranting about how most languages call the city "Venice" instead of "Venizia" like it is in Italian and blames English for poisoning the linguistic well.

JayEH

Wow didn't realize it was that bad. its like they barely know Japanese and are just translating what they understand and filling in the blanks themselves...

cntr

Banned
From what I know, there was a guy who didn't know Japanese well and translated it to Chinese, and a guy who didn't know Chinese well and translated it to English.

So like Duwang but with proper grammar and no charm whatsoever?

more like a reverse duwang where instead of the guy translating the correct story with incorrect english, it's a correct english translation of writing that definitely is not the correct script.

also, at least duwang was funny. if you told someone to read the old scans of part 5 they'd probably form the (incorrect) opinion that part 5 is the worst-written in the series.

Duwang Part 4 you can generally make out the intended content hidden in the translation, Shit Part 5 there is nothing to make out since most of it was made up or horribly twisted.

Speaking of part 5, the revised translation is coming out rapid fire now.

Also, here are the translated comments from Araki from the Jojoveller book, talking about his design philosophy for most part 3 stands. Some of my favorites:

TENOR SAX
A stand I put in to add some resting time to the story. I really like Kenny G's sax music, so I'm sorry to him for making him a disposable mook.

TOHTH [sic]
I thought I could create an interesting story by making an enemy with precognitive powers. This was around the time I got married. Not that I have precognition, but I was thinking about my own future while I was drawing this Stand.

JUDGEMENT
The design was influenced by Mr. Shotaro Ishinomori's Kamen Rider and Cyborg Kikaider. Of course, its ability was based off of the story of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp.

Joseph is a pretty shitty dad, too
I don't think he's on the same level of bad as the previously mentioned names. I don't white wash it, but he did try to put the situation right and he does care for Josuke, Josuke just doesn't want him in his life like that though.

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure Dio would raise his sons like a good mudad if he hadn't died. He hates Dario for being a shitty dad, after all, so why wouldn't he?

Eyes Of Heaven seems to have an interesting storyline, too bad that the demo killed all my interest in this game. Gameplay felt like pure trash :/

cntr

Banned
There's a Japanese fan-game JRPG for Part 3, the 7th Stand User, and some (English-speaking) fans are making a sequel for Part 4.

Matsukaze

Just caught the new JoJolion chapter. Lot of possibilities with Mama Higashikata's Stand and surprise surprise Joshuu is still king of the shitheads. Thank you, Araki, for giving us more reasons to wish for his death.

The idea of Dio being fatherly to anyone is....

Yall are nuts.
Imagine Father's Day. Little Giorno buys Dio a tie and Dio decides to strangle him with it for shits and giggles.

The idea of Dio being fatherly to anyone is....

Yall are nuts.

Well yeah there is no way he'd be as good of a mudad as fanart depicts it but it is hilarious anyways.

Honestly I imagine a more canonlike DIO would be a distant father that only approaches his kids when convenient but still feels some pride in them. Only for Giorno tho. The part 6 kids are the disappointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom