• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
A non-comprehensive list of canonical facts about Rohan Kishibe:
-Casually chooses to murder Koichi by slowly tearing his memories out instead of just inviting him over and reading them.
-“Fights” Josuke by forcing Okuyasu to set himself on fire (making him history’s greatest monster).
-Almost immediately tries to befriend Koichi like the whole murder thing wasn’t a big deal.
-Later pays his victim to hang out.
-Destroys a small child at rock-paper-scissors before he knows it’s a stand battle.
-Severs his own finger and sets his house on fire because he suspects Josuke is cheating at dice.
-Saves Josuke not because it is the right thing to do, but because it lets him be a jerk to someone else.
-Indirectly murders a man because he can’t control his curiosity.

Basically what I’m saying is that Rohan is the best.

Kh1K7cX.png

gotta love SBR

Matsukaze

SHEER HEART ATTACK
Based off of Killer Queen's face, while giving off an aura like nothing in the world can break it... so, it's a tank. The dagger on its forehead represents an assassin, maybe?
I love that even Araki doesn't comprehend his own symbolism at times.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Manhattan Transfer said:
Designed to look like a sort of plant. There's a plant that looks like this and flies around. It grows in the tropics, so it's pretty large and fluffy. Then, I modified it to seem more like a satellite or stealth fighter.

What plant is he talking about?

Matsukaze

MR. PRESIDENT
A turtle is like a house on legs, right?
Like, doesn't Gamera look like a spaceship? The pattern on the shell also looks like a jigsaw puzzle, and I had the idea of slotting a special, fancy-looking key in there.
Araki is amazing.

OH! LONESOME ME
When you think of cowboys, you gotta have lassos. I made that sort of association directly into a Stand. Mountain Tim is one of my favorite characters, even compared to the rest of Part 7.
Oh boy...

Kthulhu

BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE
I heard about a child being born in a women's prison, and thought I maybe I'd be able to do a story about that. I believe that in this year, the Chicago Cubs won a regional game, which is why Emporio is a baseball kid.

Works for me.

HIGHWAY TO HELL
I needed to lift someone up to make them commit suicide, and I thought it would be cooler to use propellers than rope. Characters in Jojo are generally optimistic, but this guy's optimistic about attempting suicide (laughs).

WTF Araki

cntr

Banned
A stand that only gives Pocoloco more courage, right? It doesn't really do anything. It doesn't make you lucky, but it can help you feel more optimistic.
so, wait

Hey Ya! actually does nothing except cheer Pocoloco on?

Tizoc

Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio anime �� OT�� aka JoJo Part 5 anime thread

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6 anime |OT| Makin' out with Thom Cruz in Cawifohneya~

Hmm do the ladybugs show up if I use them as thread titles I wonder....

Oh and yes I'll be doing the Part 5 and 6 anime OTs~

EDIT: Wait Part 6 takes place in Florida; should I end it with Florida or keep california?

cntr

Banned
Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio: Vento Aureo, This taste...it is that of an |OT|!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean |OT| How weird does this stand bullshit get, anyway?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run, Welcome to the True Man's |OT|

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Jojolion |OT| I stole the 'quality' from your thread

Tizoc

Speaking of Ringo Roadagain, what's the Japanese text for 'True Man's World'?
I feel like the original JP meaning invokes something deeper than what the English translation lets on.

cntr

Banned
nah, True Man's World is a great translation of 男の世界

It's a reference to a Jerry Wallace song used for a commercial by a perfume company called Mandom.

I still think part 6 should be

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean |OT| ORA ORA ORA ORA is the New Black

but who even knows if that will be a relevant reference in, what, 2020?

Tizoc

nah, True Man's World is a great translation of 男の世界

It's a reference to a Jerry Wallace song used for a commercial by a perfume company called Mandom.

aH FAIR ENough then.
True Man's World it is!

cntr

Banned
I imagined Stands to be a combination of the inorganic with life energy, so a lot of them appear to be a fusion of living creatures with machines.
Does that make Araki the nice version of H. R. Giger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom