• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genryu

Banned
Was there ever a limit to how much Okuyasu can "scrape away" with The Hand?

He manages to teleport over to the motorcycle that RHCP is escaping on in one swipe, doesn't he?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

He manages to teleport over to the motorcycle that RHCP is escaping on in one swipe, doesn't he?

I assumed he can only swipe away a set amount per a single swipe, but his stuff barely got shown off.

Pompadour

I thought it was something like three swipes while he was still in mid-air.

That brings up another issue with Jojo. What makes his space erasure move cause other things to be pulled towards him or for him to be pulled towards things? I guess the same applies to Josuke causing a fragment of something he's repairing to fly after the rest of it (Kira's severed hand) vs. the rest of it being pulled towards the fragment (Okuyasu's severed arm).

Genryu

Banned
I thought it was something like three swipes while he was still in mid-air.

That brings up another issue with Jojo. What makes his space erasure move cause other things to be pulled towards him or for him to be pulled towards things? I guess the same applies to Josuke causing a fragment of something he's repairing to fly after the rest of it (Kira's severed hand) vs. the rest of it being pulled towards the fragment (Okuyasu's severed arm).

For Josuke's healing, I always assumed the lighter part of the object will always go towards the heavier part.
The reason Okuyasu's body went back to the arm was because he was electricity at that point, so he had basically 0 weight.

For how Okuyasu decides whether he goes towards object or object goes towards him...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, Stands ARE the manifestation of what's essentially just psychic fighting spirit. Just like how they control their stands purely from their intent, I'd imagine that they can control the distance or particulars' of what their stand does just just from their intent, within the limits of what their stand does.

Josuke thinks, "I'm going to fix this concrete, but only so much that it makes a wall for defense", and that's what happens. Okuyasu thinks "I'm gonna scrape away ten feet, and not five this time", and that's what happens.

I mean unless you take this approach to it, you're gonna have a hard time figuring out how Giorno decides of it's gonna be a fly, or a ladybug, or a vine, or whatever else. It's intent, not technique.

cntr

Banned
Why aren't there aren't any fan-comics of Stand battles from a normal person's perspective? Like Jotaro vs Anubis must've looked like insanity to bystanders.

Genryu

Banned
Why aren't there aren't any fan-comics of Stand battles from a normal person's perspective? Like Jotaro vs Anubis must've looked like insanity to bystanders.

That just makes me think of that "Outside of Dio's World" video that someone made, showing what the time stop would look like to people who can't see in the frozen time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK77U7ACc8I

Special shout-out to 3:25 of the video, with music swelling and Dio at his most dramatic with a sudden cut to him hanging off of a bumper.

Querilous

Banned
Looking at new Jojolion spoilers and WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT THING.
qkdt0TU.png
That's, uh, gotta be the creepiest design for a stand we've seen in .... like, ever. Not that the user's a pretty sight either. Fuck.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That Stand looks old and busted, as if it's missing parts of its body just like its user. It's pretty rad.

Also just realizing that the rock human's hair style makes it look like Miraschon/Marilyn Manson's Stand's user.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Care to share? With spouler tags ofc.

Chapter 60 spoilers.

Not Emporio walks towards Gappy and runs face first into a sign post, seemingly stuck. He starts smashing his face against the sign post pretty hard, still trying to walk through the thing. His left eye pops out. Not Emporio and his mangled face get past the sign post and he starts hopping backwards to Gappy.

Seems to be more info on Rock Guy that was in spoilers above too.

JohnDoe

Banned
Chapter 60 spoilers.

Not Emporio walks towards Gappy and runs face first into a sign post, seemingly stuck. He starts smashing his face against the sign post pretty hard, still trying to walk through the thing. His left eye pops out. Not Emporio and his mangled face get past the sign post and he starts hopping backwards to Gappy.

Seems to be more info on Rock Guy that was in spoilers above too.

That sounds pretty wild. Wonder what that dude's stand is 🤔

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been determined or hinted at that
the Rock Men were responsible for the earthquake and wall eyes?

No. (I'll just spoiler this I guess, this is for part 8)
The earthquake was caused by an aftershock from one of Kira's SHA explosions, which we get to see during the flashback sequences in the Damo arc. Damo is technically indirectly responsible since his attack is what causes Kira to use SHA in the first place. The origin of the wall eyes still hasn't been explained.

Erigu

The earthquake was caused by an aftershock from one of Kira's SHA explosions, which we get to see during the flashback sequences in the Damo arc.
Aw, man. I'd like to think that's not what Araki had in mind, considering
the earthquake is the March 11, 2011 one.

The earthquake was caused by an aftershock from one of Kira's SHA explosions, which we get to see during the flashback sequences in the Damo arc. Damo is technically indirectly responsible since his attack is what causes Kira to use SHA in the first place. The origin of the wall eyes still hasn't been explained.

That can't be true, since the wall eyes are said to have sprung up after the March Earthquake but we can clearly see them and they are mentioned in the Damo arc that takes place on August 19. Unless I'm misinterpreting you, Kira did not cause the March earthquake.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, man. I'd like to think that's not what Araki had in mind, considering
the earthquake is the March 11, 2011 one.
That can't be true, since the wall eyes are said to have sprung up after the March Earthquake but we can clearly see them and they are mentioned in the Damo arc that takes place on August 19. Unless I'm misinterpreting you, Kira did not cause the March earthquake.

There had to have been a second earthquake then. The wall eyes are definitely present in the flashback. Yotsuyu calls Damo while hunting for Josefumi and Kira, and mentions that the explosion of the yacht caused an aftershock so strong that local officials sent out a tsunami warning. Damo, on the end of the line, tells him that Morioh was hit by a level 3 quake.

And for what it's worth, the Tohoku earthquake, the earthquake related to JJL, was a level 3 quake too.

Here are the relevant panels, they're from two different pages of chapter 53. I might be misinterpreting it, maybe the level 3 earthquake mentioned here is one that happened before this part of the flashback to show that earthquakes aren't uncommon in Morioh.

Yes that helps a lot actually. Why is that dude in the back built like a female? Did that other guy skin Tony the Tiger and wear his pelt as a set of very fashionable pants?

Don't make fun of Mista, dude has no problem just fucking shooting you dead. With a real gun.

Make fun of Narancia and you'll also be full of bullets, only many more and from a small Stand airplane.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can counter Mista with a picture of the Number 4.

I wonder if a photo of Josuke would work on Mista in some ultra meta way?

cntr

Banned
The first earthquake created the Wall Eyes, so it must've happened before they fought Damo in the flashback, and Yotsuyu mentions them right in that panel. So Kira's explosion triggered an aftershock.

cntr

Banned
Some people think that Mista was a retake on the shelved plan to have Hol Horse join the Crusaders in SDC, probably not true, but it's a fun thought.

Too bad Hol Horse never did that crazy "gun rush" effect that Mista and Foo Fighters do.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dat crotchplate tho

There's only two stands that exist in both universes, so that's probably a bad metric.

Josefumi's the alternate Josuke, and Kira is the alternate Jotaro + Kira, and thus Gappy is the alternate of both Jotaro and Josuke.

huh, never thought of Kira + Jotaro (granted same parents so there's that)

makes you wonder if Kira's dad there is the same in personality or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom