• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Welcome
ufEZlYq.jpg
To the Velvet Room
Has Araki ever bothered to explain Anasui's gender switch?

BTW can someone post the 'Araki uses Wikipedia' image but swap out rods with the wiki page for Groundhog Day movie?

I bought all of Viz's hardcover release of JoJo part 1 and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is it a good release. It looks amazing. I may end up buying the entire manga like this if they keep going beyond Stardust Crusaders because good lord, the idea of Part 4-7 with this level of quality and care put into the physical editions makes me half-chub.

Was pretty surprised when I did a picture sidequest for Prompto in FFXV and it gave me 4 pose options...and the "Ultimate Pose" was a JoJo pose.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I bought all of Viz's hardcover release of JoJo part 1 and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is it a good release. It looks amazing. I may end up buying the entire manga like this if they keep going beyond Stardust Crusaders because good lord, the idea of Part 4-7 with this level of quality and care put into the physical editions makes me half-chub.

Just wish they had a quicker release schedule. Diamond is years away.

Still trying to figure out how you guys read Part 6 and finished with sanity intact.

Pretty sure when I finished reading part 6 my mind put in place several mental safeguards to prevent me from going insane over the events of Made in Heaven.

When I asked the thread what the fuck I just read, the only responses I got amounted to "Heaven."

cntr

Banned
I think this may be reading too much into that chapter. It more felt like Araki saying "Look, I just didn't turn my manga about vampires and solar powered martial artists into a manga about psychics fighting each other with super powered robot animal hybrids. They were the same thing all along!"
(answering here because spoilers)

Araki uses that chapter to establish that the Spin is related to stands, and Gyro and Wekapipo were able to see stands without having stands, because they were both on the verge of awakening their stands via the Spin. Since Araki mentions Hamon in the same context, logically, being a master at Hamon would eventually let you see stands in the same way (and eventually gain one).

Pompadour

(answering here because spoilers)

Araki uses that chapter to establish that the Spin is related to stands, and Gyro and Wekapipo were able to see stands without having stands, because they were both on the verge of awakening their stands via the Spin. Since Araki mentions Hamon in the same context, logically, being a master at Hamon would eventually let you see stands in the same way (and eventually gain one).

Ok, you're right, I completely forgot that Wekapipo and Gyro could see stands before they had stands. I was interpreting the connection between all these abilities too abstractly.

Astral

Will probably be announced as part of the 30th anniversary info(even if they take a half year off). Wouldn't be surprised if ASB2 is announced at this Jump Festa as well.

Please give me ASB2. Eyes of Heaven is ok for what it is but has fucking zero replayability. A Jojo fighting game developed by someone like Capcom or Arc System Works is a wet dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom