• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't talk to women for shit though. Still shocked this dude has a daughter that he's currently Gokuing or would that be pulling a Ging Freecs?

the worst thing jotaro did as a dad was prioritize hunting stand users over his family, which relative to other manga dads is pretty light. I remain convinced the only reason he even got married was because he gave her the Star Finger and she was like "I am not letting go of this yet marry me please" and he was like "sorry dolphins, I'll return to you soon."

He makes up for it later by bailing out Jolyne and friends for a bit when Pucci really starts fucking shit up, and Pucci's like "oh shit Jotaro is here DIO-SAMA ARE YOU WATCHING" and Jotaro's just like "I really should have brought Jolyne with me to Morioh"

And seriously, put the part 4 cast up against shit like Black Sabbath, or Man in the Mirror, or Notorious B.I.G., or Babyface. Heaven's Door ain't gonna do shit if Rohan isn't fighting to kill, and almost everyone in part 5 is fighting to kill all the time.

the worst thing jotaro did as a dad was prioritize hunting stand users over his family, which relative to other manga dads is pretty light. I remain convinced the only reason he even got married was because he gave her the Star Finger and she was like "I am not letting go of this yet marry me please" and he was like "sorry dolphins, I'll return to you soon."

He makes up for it later by bailing out Jolyne and friends for a bit when Pucci really starts fucking shit up, and Pucci's like "oh shit Jotaro is here DIO-SAMA ARE YOU WATCHING" and Jotaro's just like "I really should have brought Jolyne with me to Morioh"

And seriously, put the part 4 cast up against shit like Black Sabbath, or Man in the Mirror, or Notorious B.I.G., or Babyface. Heaven's Door ain't gonna do shit if Rohan isn't fighting to kill, and almost everyone in part 5 is fighting to kill all the time.
God damn that sounds intense. I can't imagine Koichi surviving that part in his beginning noob state. I'm rewatching Part 4 and is it just me or is Angelo a worse person than Kira? Yep...can't wait for Toonami gaf to witness Angelo biting off a dogs head and then spitting Aqua Necklace into the owners mouth. Oh my fucking God KIRA AND HIS DAD ARE IN THE FIRST FUCKING OP!!!! So are the Ratts, Akira and Shigechi and probably everybody else, I think I noticed Yuya as well. Did they reveal how many people Hazamada killed? Ep 2 has a news story playing about how 7 people have been killed by eye or ear stabbings. It's odd what you pick up on after seeing most of this damn season.

Matsukaze

Speaking of Jotaro in pt 6... does he know english? You know what never mind. Language doesn't make sense in jojo.
I assume he does.

If anything, he could have asked Rohan to give him English fluency with Heaven's Door, just like Koichi did with Italian.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably does, he works with the speedwagon group regularly after all.

To think, Heaven's Door could've probably fixed Kira's homicidal tendencies. He could probably do a lot of good with it.

Instead, he uses it for manga. Fucking Rohan.

To think, Heaven's Door could've probably fixed Kira's homicidal tendencies. He could probably do a lot of good with it.

Instead, he uses it for manga. Fucking Rohan.

"Hmm, I could use Heaven's Door to do good deeds all over.

Or I could write cool manga/be a dick to Josuke."

On a related note, I like how in Eyes of Heaven Rohan and Josuke's Dual Heat Attack consists of Rohan being a dick to Josuke.

Haly

Rohan would never "fix" Kira. Instead, he'd just monitor him for more material and then intervene when Kira is about to kill a woman, before erasing both their memories and sending them along their way to begin the cycle again.

He's just that psychotic.

cntr

Banned
I think you guys forgot the Stone Free description, because it's described as being on-par or potentially even stronger than Star Platinum, like Crazy Diamond. It has normal punch ghost strength + the ability to use the tension from the strings it's made up, and punches "with the force of a meteor".

But unlike the other Jojo stands, Stone Free can unravel and extend its range beyond its normal 2 meter range, in exchange for losing strength. That's why Jolyne doesn't rely on Stone Free's strength as much.

Haly

It can't time stop.
Can't fuse things.
Can't create life.
Can't trap people in an endless loop (two JoJos can do this after going super saiyan)

I mean I guess she could beat the shit out of Gappy but Gappy's pretty strong now too.

Haly

Jolyne would beat Josuke by calling him granduncle, thereby sending him into a spiraling depression.

cntr

Banned
tldxPW3.jpg

It can't time stop.
Can't fuse things.
Can't create life.
Can't trap people in an endless loop (two JoJos can do this after going super saiyan)

I mean I guess she could beat the shit out of Gappy but Gappy's pretty strong now too.

Gappy's stand is sorta the most broken depending on if there is really a limit of what Soft & Wet can steal from someone/something.

Breads

Banned
I am sad that Josuke never gets brought up again after Part 4

Maybe if Emporio somehow managed to get Made in Heaven in time, went back (forward) and got Funny Valentine, and... you know... maybe brought Josuke into the frey side by side with Jo2uke... the Rokakaka was used to merge realities and sacrified all of the new shit (was fun tho!) to heal all of the old shit....

uh...

I'm saying there's a chance. Jotaro, Jolyne, Josuke, Giorno... ALL the warriors!

Okuyasu and Josuke are the best and it's bittersweet that this is the end of the line for them again now that the anime is wrapping up.

cntr

Banned
I'd be really surprised if David Pro didn't insert cameos for Josuke and Giorno during the end of Stone Ocean

Like have a scene of Josuke fighting Pink Dark Boy during Bohemian Rhapsody, and Giorno fighting Baoh. And have them be the ones looking at the sky during Made in Heaven.

Less likely, but you could also have Josuke show up and heal Jotaro while he's in his coma and be the one to talk to the doctor about Jotaro's condition.

cntr

Banned
He can't restore Jotaro from the coma, but it's not a huge stretch to have him try and fix Jotaro's physical issues, even if he fails

cntr

Banned
Chapter 60

Wh-what the fuck.

A stand that forces you to walk in a straight line towards a target? Ignoring anything in your way?

Matsukaze

Just read the chapter. It would be amazing if this "contagion" spreads throughout town, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Also, I want Yasuho and Karera back in the picture.

I think it might be one at a time. Gappy is underestimating this stand, it likely works like Notorious B.I.G. Weak, but you can't hide from it and it is unstoppable, like It Follows.

Siegcram

Jesus Araki, amputees, zombies, bird skeleton stands ... pulling out all the stops.

So do we know KFC man? Is he the flashback dude from way back?

Also possible stand names: Walk this Way, Thriller, Baker Street.

Breads

Banned
Well shit.

I think that definitively rules out the possibility of being Emporio.

That eye thing was as offputting as ever. I hope it doesn't play a huge role in the stand ability.

I found it quaint watching characters acknowledge the disparity between stand powers in this chapter. Jobin more or less acknowledges how his ability wouldn't be all that useful while Josuke criticizes the contagion ability.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
JoJolion 60

Araki - I'm doing zombies
Editor - You did that in Part 6
Araki - No that didn't count they were invisible
Part 1 to be fair.

And Justice from part 3.

These psuedo-zombies seem pretty cool so far, I'm interested in seeing how this fight plays out.

The Stand user might have an interesting backstory too, since Jobin mentions that the user lost his body through equivalent exchange.

Matsukaze

The Stand user might have an interesting backstory too, since Jobin mentions that the user lost his body through equivalent exchange.
I could see him having some sort of grudge against lovers, seeing as how he got electrocuted trying to save his sweetheart, only to have her abandon him.

It would be an interesting angle to have Josuke meet up with Yasuho while fleeing from the zombie(s) and to then have Dolomite go berserk when he discovers this.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I could see him having some sort of grudge against lovers, seeing as how he got electrocuted trying to save his sweetheart, only to have her abandon him.

It would be an interesting angle to have Josuke meet up with Yasuho while fleeing from the zombie(s) and to then have Dolomite go berserk when he discovers this.

That would be a nice way to reintegrate Yasuho into the plot, she hasn't been relevant in a while. It seemed like Dolomiti accidentally used his Stand on his girlfriend in the chapter's prologue, like Sasame/Fun, Fun, Fun guy did, but it was hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom