• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
it's a not a Part 5 reference, it's what the final chapter of Part 4 is called

Araki did that so he could call the volume ending DiU and beginning VA "Golden Heart, Golden Wind"

Next week better have Kira "use" Bites the Dust and then lead into the Bites the Dust opening with sound effects.

People are going to get crushed when there's no Part 5 tease next week, lol

Style

Banned
I see a lot of people saying that Kira can't force activate Bite The Dust, but it's implied in the manga. The last move he does before he dies is planning Bite The Dust on a woman and he's about to activate it himself. If Jotaro hadn't broken his hand he would be able to activate BTD himself. As long as it's planted on a non-stand user it's possible. There's also the case where Hayato dies during the bath and somehow Kira turned back time to undo it. If Kira had planted BTD on the man he meets outside the house Josuke runs in to he would be able to rewind and start over, but he chose to chase them instead and finish it.

I see a lot of people saying that Kira can't force activate Bite The Dust, but it's implied in the manga. The last move he does before he dies is planning Bite The Dust on a woman and he's about to activate it himself. If Jotaro hadn't broken his hand he would be able to activate BTD himself. As long as it's planted on a non-stand user it's possible. There's also the case where Hayato dies during the bath and somehow Kira turned back time to undo it. If Kira had planted BTD on the man he meets outside the house Josuke runs in to he would be able to rewind and start over, but he chose to chase them instead and finish it.

Ah, you're right. But yeah, as cntr said, he fucked up by killing panties guy. I guess at that point he was sure he'd win.

cntr

Banned
So wait, was that the point of the panties guy scene? That Kira screwed up his chance to use BtD? I can't tell with Araki

I've heard that part v was mixed, sad to see part 4 end soon. I actually caught up with the manga and about to start 7. I kind of liked part v I definitely liked the group. I just want to some things explained, boy those translations lol.

So wait, was that the point of the panties guy scene? That Kira screwed up his chance to use BtD? I can't tell with Araki

Nzb5zpi.png

I could see them doing 2 cours for part 5 tho they might hqve each cour be around 16ish eps each or whereabouts by my counting

I'd expect two seasons of about 20 episodes for VA (same for SO)

Pretty sure that's not how that works. Episode count has to be multiples of 12 or 13.

Ah, you're right. But yeah, as cntr said, he fucked up by killing panties guy. I guess at that point he was sure he'd win.

I mean, the recurring theme IS that Kira only really loses because he fucks up due to overconfidence and/or impatience after all.

Style

Banned
The way I see it BTD is pretty much like any of his any abilities, it has an automatic and a trigger version. Hayato had the one that worked by itself and the one Kira plants on the woman before he dies as a last resort is the trigger version.

Killer Queen is one really amazing stand. If it hadn't been for Kira's Ego it would probably be the best villain stand.

Style

Banned
Part 3 and 4 both started in April. I'm betting on an April start for P5 if it's 2017.

Also is anyone really excited for Monday? I know it's a Monday and all, but we finally get another chapter of Jojolion.

Tizoc

KQ is already the best villain stand though ;3

Right so this is how I expect the VA anime to be adapted
Ep. 1- Ends with the infamous 'Taste of a liar scene' and DTL busting a nut
Ep. 2- Bruno encounter
Ep. 3+4 Black Sabbath
Ep. 5-7 Soft Machine up til finding the hidden stash
Ep. 8-9 Aerosmith and lead into Man in the mirror
Ep. 10-11 Man in the mirror+team sets off to the train
Ep. 12-14 Grateful Dead

So that's one Season down, they could adapt all that into 13 eps. though

Ep. 15-16 Baby Face
Ep. 17-18 White Album and lead up to the tower
Ep. 19-20 King Crimson, alt. this could be one single episode but for the sake of it let's say it is 2
Ep. 21-22 Clash and Talking heads, lead up to the gang stealing the plane
Ep. 23- Notorious BIG
Ep. 24-25 Metallica
Ep. 26- The gang sets off to Roma

Ep. 27-29 Green Day
Ep. 30- Prelude to Requiem
Ep. 31-32 SC Requiem
Ep. 33- Diavolo Rising
Ep. 34-36 GE Requiem+ finale

Hmm they could adapt the entire series into 36ish episodes as 3 cours.

cntr

Banned
Episode 1 is going to end with Jotaro telling Koichi that Giorno is Dio's son.

I think you guys forgot how much stuff happens in chapter 1 lol

>dedicating a whole season to requiem

look I'm one of the biggest part 5 fans here but

are you trying to kill the anime audience with sheer concentrated "what the fuck am I watching"

cntr

Banned
tbh that episode plan is just...off in terms of pacing

The first season will end with Bruno vs King Crimson, Fugo leaving the gang, and Naracia swimming to the boat. Plus teasing the guard squad and maybe showing Doppio

Tizoc

tbh that episode plan is just...off in terms of pacing

The first season will end with Bruno vs King Crimson, Fugo leaving the gang, and Naracia swimming to the boat. Plus teasing the guard squad and maybe showing Doppio

Fair enough, it's something I like to do in my spare time :p

Shmuppers

I've heard that part v was mixed, sad to see part 4 end soon. I actually caught up with the manga and about to start 7. I kind of liked part v I definitely liked the group. I just want to some things explained, boy those translations lol.
I dunno, part V seems like it would be appreciated a lot more animated and with a decent translation

You're in for a treat with SBR

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well Jolyne's stand isn't very strong but she's a lot nastier and aggressive than most of the JoJos with the exception of her father.

Well Jolyne's stand isn't very strong but she's a lot nastier and aggressive than most of the JoJos with the exception of her father.
Well that's interesting. I assumed since Stone Free was a punch ghost that it would be pretty strong. Though hearing she can cut loose is pretty cool. I need to get back on track with my manga read.

Stone Free isn't super physically strong, but as a semi-strong utility Stand it is unmatched in the fucking bullshit Jolyne does with it.

2 words: Mobius Strip

Haly

Interesting. It can't be as broken as Gold Experience cause from what I've read on here Gold Experience is straight broken.

I mean of all the JoJo stands Gold Experience is probably the most:

1) Overpowered just starting out
2) Overpowered after he gets the "plot power up"

But yeah in terms of versatility SF is right after GE.

Well that's interesting. I assumed since Stone Free was a punch ghost that it would be pretty strong. Though hearing she can cut loose is pretty cool. I need to get back on track with my manga read.

It's actually on the weaker side relative to Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond, and only gets weaker the more she stretches with her string ability. However, Jolyne has absolutely no problem with physically beating the shit out of you (least of all in a prison), and one fight was her straight fucking up a dude in an example of Araki really loving his gore. Honestly, I think she's the JoJo who's most skilled at hand-to-hand combat outside Jonathan when he's using Hamon.

Also for all the talk about Gold Experience being broken, what people forget about part 5 is how many of the stands in that part were seriously broken. Hell, Silver Chariot felt super out of place in that part for me because of how simple it was when it had to square up against fucking King Crimson.

I kinda define it as something that has an ability that has a LOT of uses, combat and non-combat. Kinda like Crazy Diamond's healing can be used in a lot of different ways.

Jolyne is the best:
BFsJcFM.jpg
I was wondering if Crazy Diamond fit that definition because for something with one main ability Josuke finds a metric fuck ton of uses for it.

Haly

Hierophant Green is a utility stand, Kakhyoin just doesn't push it very far. It shoots stuff, climbs in people, stretches, bends, etc.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Also for all the talk about Gold Experience being broken, what people forget about part 5 is how many of the stands in that part were seriously broken. Hell, Silver Chariot felt super out of place in that part for me because of how simple it was when it had to square up against fucking King Crimson.

You never really think of Black Sabbath as one of the big boy stands because of its placement in Vento Aureo, but in comparison to most of what you see in Stardust Crusaders or Diamond is Unbreakable, it was kind of wild.

VA's got a lot of killers.

Hierophant Green is a utility stand, Kakhyoin just doesn't push it very far. It shoots stuff, climbs in people, stretches, bends, etc.
It never seemed that powerful and probably suffered from Araki not really being too creative with the beginner stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom