• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I did not get why his girl was approaching the power lines to begin with. Wondering if there's more to the flashback later.

Liked the rest of the chapter though.

Just making a friendly reminder that Josuke and the duwang gang survived Made in Heaven, and are doing great in future Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan spin-offs.

If you want to get technical Made In Heaven speeds up time to its natural reset point meaning Josuke and his crew all lived their life. To then it was normal time flowing, to Pucci and anyone witnessing the effects everything was sped up.

Forgot how light on death Part 4 was. Really its only Shigechi and Kira Main Cast wise who get it if you don't count everyone dying on one of the BtD loops

Compared to every other part like 5 (let alone 6) its way light

Matsukaze

I just realized how much of a mindfuck it's going to be for the anime folks when Fugo never returns. People are going to be in the thread each and every week going "Fugo is definitely coming back next episode".

cntr

Banned
I did not get why his girl was approaching the power lines to begin with. Wondering if there's more to the flashback later.

Liked the rest of the chapter though.
I think the Dolomiti guy accidentally used his power on her, since she just walks off after seeing him get shocked.

I just realized how much of a mindfuck it's going to be for the anime folks when Fugo never returns. People are going to be in the thread each and every week going "Fugo is definitely coming back next episode".
Purple Haze Feedback OVA/mini-series!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think DTL will like Narancia the most.

Just a feeling I got.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Speaking of Jotaro in pt 6... does he know english? You know what never mind. Language doesn't make sense in jojo.
English is the primary language for research science (87% of undergraduate natural science literature is in English) so Jotaro most likely had to learn English to get his doctorate.

cntr

Banned
Jotaro moved to California after SDC, has an American mother and a grandfather who I guarantee didn't bother to learn Japanese until DiU, and then talks with people around the world, many of whom have never heard a word of Japanese in their lives.

Yes, of course he speaks English.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
And let's not forget his Italian American wife and American daughter. Jotaro's not the greatest dad but I'm pretty sure he at least speaks their language.

cntr

Banned
Part 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 have to take place in English. Almost every character in them must be fluent in English. Part 5 is in Italian (as Koichi explicitly acknowledges). Part 4 and 8 are the only ones in Japanese.

There might be exceptions in certain scenes (the beginning of SDC, Gyro's flashbacks must happen in Italian/Neapolitan, Jotaro and Kakyoin probably chat in Japanese, etc), but yeah.

Haly

Which is actually pretty impressive when you think about it, considering how utterly Japanese JoJo is as a property.

Ezalc

The fact that we haven't had more world hopping in Jojo is disappointing though. Still waiting for Brazilian Jojo: Jose Joestrela.

Haly

This is the problem with spoilerphobia. You can't actually de-confirm a fake spoiler without spoiling its nonexistence.

This is the problem with spoilerphobia. You can't actually de-confirm a fake spoiler without spoiling its nonexistence.
To be fair, it's a tad absurd to believe someone is going to spread their asscheeks, fire a laser and create a mirror for it to bounce off of even for Jojo

The second one is a little more within Jojo reason but I did state I was full of shit

in the spoiler

Haly

a3c.png

To be fair, it's a tad absurd to believe someone is going to spread their asscheeks, fire a laser and create a mirror for it to bounce off of even for Jojo

We're talking about a series where we had stands that summon meteors, absorb you into a tree if you don't bankrupt yourself before sundown, recreate Fist of the North Star in Tokyo, turn people into dinosaurs (and dinosaur accessories), summon killer balloon animals, explode people back in time, takes the form of a rock that predicts your death, and whatever the deal was with the green baby.

We're talking about a series that allowed Jorge Joestar to exist.

Is there such a thing as too absurd for JoJo

Edit: In fact, when you create a fake spoiler next time just ask yourself, "does this sound like some stupid bullshit outta Jorge Joestar?"

If the answer is yes, you're good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I mean as long as nobody's complaining, it's fine I guess lol

I'm just trying to spare people the fate of others complaining about spoilers for a thing that doesn't exist (seriously, there's no stand that STEALS TIME).

Dear Hirohiko Araki, please make a stand that can steal time, and use it to bring back Part 4 Josuke.

Speaking of the Green Baby, I hope we're all in agreement that DIO's heaven plan is complete gobbledygook and when the anime swings around, no one here is going to seriously argue about it and send the thread into a tailspin like with deaf Jotaro.

Speaking of the Green Baby, I hope we're all in agreement that DIO's heaven plan is complete gobbledygook and when the anime swings around, no one here is going to seriously argue about it and send the thread into a tailspin like with deaf Jotaro.

Spiral staircase
KABUTOMUSHI
Ruins street
Fig tart
KABUTOMUSHI
Via dolorosa
KABUTOMUSHI
Singularity point
Giotto
Angel
Hydrangea
KABUTOMUSHI
Singularity point
Secret emperor

I don't think anyone gives a shit about DIO's heaven plan making any sense the moment this came up.

Edit: We can all also agree Pucci is one of the most evil characters right

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it bad that I think some of the stuff in Part 8 is actually supposed to be a reference to the 14 Phases in Dio's Diary? You got the Beetle Fights, the corpse of Jesus is still in play (And one of the phases was Via dolorosa), Fig tart could easily fit into all the fruit nonsense, Ruins street could be Shakedown Road, where Johnny died.

Just you wait, its going to happen!

cntr

Banned
so the Dolomiti guy, Jobin jerked his ankle away from his face last chapter, right? And there's a tooth in the envelope.

So is the stand power activated via teeth?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Pucci did nothing wrong, y'all.

e:

I think the Dolomiti guy accidentally used his power on her, since she just walks off after seeing him get shocked.

I saw this brought up elsewhere and I guess that's about the only explanation I can think of. It's still a weird flashback - like Araki just wanted to get that bit over with ASAP so he could get right to drawing his zombie story or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom