• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ah, fuck, I'll probably be at work by then.

Damn, I'm missing the Smash Direct and JoJo. :(

Also, is this gonna be one of those dealios where the demo is actually the full version, but locked till release? So a big file size?

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently PB Dio, Jotaro, and Caesar are the only playable characters in the demo, with Arcade Mode available.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So how's the demo?

And no multiplayer?

Also didn't know Villager is Pucci

4c595uob.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah there was def alot of jojo influence for pretty much every female in smash, wii fit trainer even has hamon

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Having just tried the demo...I can definitely see where all the negative impressions of the game are coming from better now.
Having tried each character....Yeah, I can see why people feel as though this is a fanservice game first, fighting game second. I don't...hate it, per say, but I can totally see why some people didn't like the game.

I might still get this considering it might only cost me about $25 on Amazon after some gift cards.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm not a competitive fighting game fan, but I had fun with the demo. It seemed...accessible to someone who usually has difficulty with the early fights in Street Fighter and KoF. But the style of the game is really neat, so I'll probably purchase it Day 1.

I loved all the little characters talking around the menu and stuff too, got me hyped.

I'm not a competitive fighting game fan, but I had fun with the demo. It seemed...accessible to someone who usually has difficulty with the early fights in Street Fighter and KoF. But the style of the game is really neat, so I'll probably purchase it Day 1.

I loved all the little characters talking around the menu and stuff too, got me hyped.

Just between you and me I wouldn't give the guy in there the time of day.

As someone whom imported it, I'm likely to buy the localized version.

My thing though is how it'll be online, it vein region locked and all. It was laggy when I played. Then again I was playing folks in Japan.

It might be me, but I found the input to combos to be slow, plus, I found closing or establishing the distance to be frustrating.

This is my exact complain actually, so it's not just you.

I don't mind that the game is basic and not too deep. For example, Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 is one of my favorite GC games and that's even simpler than ASB mechanically, but playing actually feels good. ASB feels slow and sluggish overall.

This is my exact complain actually, so it's not just you.

I don't mind that the game is basic and not too deep. For example, Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 is one of my favorite GC games and that's even simpler than ASB mechanically, but playing actually feels good. ASB feels slow and sluggish overall.

Valid knock. Compared to just Bandai Namco games it's slow.

If a sequel was to be made that's the first thing to be addressed

jgminto

I think it's just getting used to the feel of the game. It's definitely different than most fighting games but once I got used to it I really enjoyed it.

Astarte

Valid knock. Compared to just Bandai Namco games it's slow.

If a sequel was to be made that's the first thing to be addressed

To be honest, I sort of like the game as is. I don't mind the campaign either; unlocking costumes and stuff felt like an accomplishment. All I'm asking for is a story mode that isn't complete ass and more characters, really.
I don't recall Peanut Butter Dio shitting out this much damage in 1.04...then again, I adore every character in that game so I can't exactly remember everything.

Tizoc

Are these fan colorings or from official publictions?
tumblr_n2o6cqKYzG1qm39zlo2_1280.png

tumblr_n2o6cqKYzG1qm39zlo1_r1_1280.png

Either way Ghaccio must be the most un-sociable person among his group.

I've watched the first episode of Stardust Crusader, I've a doubt:
How can Dio be in that coffin? Wasn't that coffin the same that jojo's wife use to save herself after the ship explodes?

Tizoc

How can Dio be in that coffin? Wasn't that coffin the same that jojo's wife use to save herself after the ship explodes?

A plot hole that even Araki forgot about =V
Just assume Dio had another spare coffin with him on the ship.

Inconsistency we've all discussed. It's not only you, honestly I think Araki goofed but not the first time.

Tizoc

pk8Y7ht.jpg

What's up with Araki benig lazy with Johnathan and Joseph's eyebrows?

Also I noticed a nice little shoutout while watching some Guilty Gear Xrd videos.
When Sol uses Dragon Install and transforms, his collar has a chain attached to it.

pk8Y7ht.jpg

What's up with Araki benig lazy with Johnathan and Joseph's eyebrows?

Also I noticed a nice little shoutout while watching some Guilty Gear Xrd videos.
When Sol uses Dragon Install and transforms, his collar has a chain attached to it.

I F ing love this. I understand people complain about his past part for past stories a lot(all the time). Honestly I think they fit, the most noticeable/favorite of mine was that mid to late look of SBR. Junk is fabulous <3

Tizoc

One thing I liked about the start of Part 3 is that when Jotaro's introduced Araki went all crazy with his design like in the image above.

Astarte

Are these fan colorings or from official publictions?
tumblr_n2o6cqKYzG1qm39zlo2_1280.png

tumblr_n2o6cqKYzG1qm39zlo1_r1_1280.png

Either way Ghaccio must be the most un-sociable person among his group.

Official publications. It makes part 6 infinitely easier to read, thankfully.

Oh don't worry. Araki tends to forget things as time goes on...like Kakyoin's
magic painting powers and J Geil's rain reflection.

Watch Da Birdie

Man, Ghaccio had such a cool Stand, he's definitely one of my most wanted characters for an All Star Battle's sequel.

Watch Da Birdie

*high five*
Ghaccio's among my fav. Part 5 characters too along with R. Nero.

Yeah, Risotto should've gotten in...I mean he was pretty important being the leader of the rival gang, had a cool Stand that'd fit a fighting game, surely he was on-par with Vanilla Ice and Akira.

Although part of me always wanted Polpo in, who'd just lounge around in the background while you controlled Black Sabbath.

jgminto

Weren't all of Metallica's attacks internal? I dunno if that would work too well. I think I'd want to see Pesci and his Beach Boy as a playable character. You could have his brother's Grateful Dead as a super that would work kinda like Sethan in the Capcom game. Also Spice Girl because she didn't get enough use in Part 5.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Namco, if you play the demo for All-Star Battle, "players will be able to earn 100.000G in-game!". I assume that's to unlock alt colors, costumes, etc?

Leezard

According to Namco, if you play the demo for All-Star Battle, "players will be able to earn 100.000G in-game!". I assume that's to unlock alt colors, costumes, etc?

No, more like unlock soundtrack, character art and models to view in the gallery, unless they changed the way costumes and colors are unlocked in the localization (which I deem unlikely).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh, so Gallery Mode unlocks. Gotcha.

Speaking of the soundtrack, a shame that wasn't included as a pre-order bonus. I would love a disc version of the music, including the DLC character themes.

Watch Da Birdie

There's some easter eggs I saw pointed out in it...

At one point, when it's showing the gang walking through the various scenes, you quickly see Hol Horse behind them (hinting at the possible rumored heel-face turn?)

Also when it shows them as stars flying over the planet, another star shoots in from the side, which most people assume is Iggy.

Watch Da Birdie

Well iirc it's supposed to be like "*rumble*" but I guess menacing works.

Also, oh boy if we're already getting gems like Santviento I can't imagine what name changes we'll eventually get from Crunchy.

Wait, who's Santviento?

Is...is that Santana's crunchyroll name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom