• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedwagon's greatest ability is his naturally warm chest.

K7KA1UT.jpg

jgminto

How the hell is Soft and Wet ok!? It's a freaking Prince song!!! And why would you change Oingo and Boingo to another music reference?

Also Josuke 4 and 8 is the dumbest thing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Weather Forecast and BoyManMan win this round.

jgminto

I just noticed that in Jojolion all of the Higashikatas have "King" in their stand name. I wonder what the significance of that is.

How the hell is Soft and Wet ok!? It's a freaking Prince song!!! And why would you change Oingo and Boingo to another music reference?

Also Josuke 4 and 8 is the dumbest thing.

Well that's what Oingo and Boingo were in the Viz manga iirc, and all name changes there were Araki-chosen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why in the world did Echoes & Weather Report need to be changed? Narciso Anasui wasn't even a music reference.

Six Bullets & Emperor Crimson are fine substitute names.

Kiss to Smack is....interesting. I guess one could argue she "smacks" the stickers on her opponents or something. *shrugs*

Also, store your jewelry in Dio's coffin.

tumblr_n4cefpBgVC1tsbiq2o1_500.png

tumblr_n4cefpBgVC1tsbiq2o2_400.png

Boymanman

Some of these namechanges baffle me (Anasui to be specific), and those without surprise me too (Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Soft and Wet).

That said I'm fine with quite a few of them, like Emperor Crimson and Maiden Heaven (for pronunciation sake even).

Weather Forecast and BoyManMan seem lulzy, then again the former is mainly because I didn't expect that would be a problem area.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anasui is named after an American fashion designer (like most of the Part 6 characters), Anna Sui.

I can probably understand that name change the most, since I imagine she probably wouldn't want to be associated with a psycho.

If they can't even use Santana then they are going to be fucked with Stardust Crusaders.
The music references are much more blatant.

And if their subs are crap, people will just go back to fansubs.

Weird names in a Japanese anime would hardly qualify as "crap subs"

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's kind of upsetting that Polnareff missed out on that famous pose by being LTTP.

So from a guy that managed to get an early copy

The Grateful Dead->The Thankful Dead
Pearl Jam->Opal Jam
Little Feet->Tiny Feet
Dragon's Dream stays the same
Moody Blues->Moody Jazz

Nothing bad, but Moody Jazz just doesn't have quite the same ring that Moody Blues does :T

Yeah, apparently his stand is still called D4C, but whenever he actually says Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap rather than treat it as a name, they treat it like a phrase and do stuff like "Time to perform some nasty deeds at a fair and honest price!"
Honestly I'm gonna end up laughing way harder at this in game than I should lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No idea. It had Dio Brando and they were buff and they were playing football with each other.
You're watching the first season, which focuses on Parts 1 & 2. I'll restate the opinion of a decent amount of people that Part 1 is okay, but pales in comparison to the rest of the series, especially once you see how crazy Part 2 gets.

I would say keep watching, as Part 1 is only about 9 episodes long & the rest of the first season focuses on Part 2.

Linkhero1

You're watching the first season, which focuses on Parts 1 & 2. I'll restate the opinion of a decent amount of people that Part 1 is okay, but pales in comparison to the rest of the series, especially once you see how crazy Part 2 gets.

I would say keep watching, as Part 1 is only about 9 episodes long & the rest of the first season focuses on Part 2.

I'm assuming these parts are arcs, yes?

Tizoc

No idea. It had Dio Brando and they were buff and they were playing football with each other.

They were playing Rugby actually: The Manly version of American Football.

Simply put each Part of JoJo stars a different character. The one you mentioned is Part 1 and is covered in 9 episodes. Part 2 features another protagonist and so on and so forth.
For now watch Part 1 and 2, then jump into Part 3, which all can be watched on Crunchyroll.com

Linkhero1

They were playing Rugby actually: The Manly version of American Football.

Simply put each Part of JoJo stars a different character. The one you mentioned is Part 1 and is covered in 9 episodes. Part 2 features another protagonist and so on and so forth.
For now watch Part 1 and 2, then jump into Part 3, which all can be watched on Crunchyroll.com

Thanks. I watched it a while ago so I assumed it was football ;p

Kindof, yeah.

I'd probably recommend you to go here instead if you're just starting since we discuss everything here without spoiler tags for the most part
Thank you. I'll continue to watch and hopefully catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom