• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

I don't like how Lazily Araki drew Joseph in that art piece.
Also Blonde Kakyoin.

It's pretty similar to his Stone Ocean look, with a bit of Vento Aureo style mixed in.

Jotaro_article_crop_stone_ocean_color_v02_032.png

Eusis

Well, he did say he intentionally did it because he like the look better.
Well, it is distinctive, and I just figured his original cap was some old beat up thing. Though that latter excuse shouldn't be flying with his later hats, maybe he just always picks them a few sizes too small or something.

jgminto

My fave Heritage for the Future sprite is definitely Hol Horse. He's just so goofy!

iO9fOfRxzEZs2.gif

Edit: Wow, the new Old Joseph art looks a lot like Norisuke IV. Maybe that explains why he's the best character in Jojolion.

I was showing a friend Part 5 the other day, and an amusing thought dawned on me: Coco Jumbo probably plays on repeat while you're inside the turtle. That explains why the gang always looks kind of unhappy and irritated whenever they have to stay inside of it for long periods of time! ;P

Takashi

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in. I had found another one but it hadn't been posted in for almost 2 months.

So last night I decided to check out the 1st ep of the Jojo (2012?) anime just to see what the fuss was about. I hadn't read any of the manga, seen any OVA's, nor played any of the games. But I have to say it's pretty entertaining so far to say the least. I got my gf to at least watch the 1st ep with me cause I knew she wasn't a fan of that older kind of art style. Surprisingly, she wanted to watch a bit more and we ended up watching the first 3 eps.

I enjoyed how over the top and stylish everything is, even just the dialogue lol. At first I thought Dio would be just a rival character to Jojo, but after the whole thing with Danny I realized he's just a cunt. I was glad they resolved the whole Dio's father being a thief thing right away. Knowing how anime can sometimes drag these things out, I expected this to be a plot point revealed way into the future. My gf commented on how the way Jojo speaks (as an adult) is still quite childlike, akin to how a kid would speak to elders. We figured that was just due to him being humble and trying to be a gentleman as he'd mentioned. One thing I kinda had issue with was how quickly Speedwagon becomes so buddy buddy with Jojo. Like it couldn't have been more than a day or two since they met, but I just chalked that up to everything being so hype and dramatic though lol.

It was just the first 3 eps so I figure this was all setup, and I bet it probably gets even more over the top from here. From the opening it looks like Jojo also gets superpowers or something? It makes sense if he wants to stop Dio. All in all what I watched was quite fun, though I don't know when I'll have the time to continue it anytime soon. At least I know it's something to definitely keep watching.

jgminto

Am I crazy or is there a chance that other parts of the 14 phrases are scatted throughout the first 6 parts, or is this just a coincidence
KABUTOMUSHI!
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in. I had found another one but it hadn't been posted in for almost 2 months.

So last night I decided to check out the 1st ep of the Jojo (2012?) anime just to see what the fuss was about. I hadn't read any of the manga, seen any OVA's, nor played any of the games. But I have to say it's pretty entertaining so far to say the least. I got my gf to at least watch the 1st ep with me cause I knew she wasn't a fan of that older kind of art style. Surprisingly, she wanted to watch a bit more and we ended up watching the first 3 eps.

I enjoyed how over the top and stylish everything is, even just the dialogue lol. At first I thought Dio would be just a rival character to Jojo, but after the whole thing with Danny I realized he's just a cunt. I was glad they resolved the whole Dio's father being a thief thing right away. Knowing how anime can sometimes drag these things out, I expected this to be a plot point revealed way into the future. My gf commented on how the way Jojo speaks (as an adult) is still quite childlike, akin to how a kid would speak to elders. We figured that was just due to him being humble and trying to be a gentleman as he'd mentioned. One thing I kinda had issue with was how quickly Speedwagon becomes so buddy buddy with Jojo. Like it couldn't have been more than a day or two since they met, but I just chalked that up to everything being so hype and dramatic though lol.

It was just the first 3 eps so I figure this was all setup, and I bet it probably gets even more over the top from here. From the opening it looks like Jojo also gets superpowers or something? It makes sense if he wants to stop Dio. All in all what I watched was quite fun, though I don't know when I'll have the time to continue it anytime soon. At least I know it's something to definitely keep watching.

You'll probably want to check out this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794327. That's the anime only thread, but you may also want to catch up first because people are talking about the second season there. Posting impressions here is fine too but there are a lot of spoilers for the entire series in this thread.

Eusis

Takashi

You'll probably want to check out this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794327. That's the anime only thread, but you may also want to catch up first because people are talking about the second season there. Posting impressions here is fine too but there are a lot of spoilers for the entire series in this thread.

Oops my bad, I had seen that one but it was about a more recent season so I thought it was the wrong one. Thanks for letting me know though.

I think he had found this thread prior. Honestly it probably should've been bumped and kept up when Crunchyroll got the last season up, but ah well.

Yeah that one, just didn't want to bump it.

Tizoc

So I'm reading the newer fan translations of Part 3 and got to
The Lovers. When the tentacles kill Enya, Josef remarks who the tentacles burn in the sunlight, yet didn't the anime show that as being one way of destroying Dio's spores/cells? In the manga i may have recalled that the first spore was burned by Magician's Red

jgminto

The Lovers. When the tentacles kill Enya, Josef remarks who the tentacles burn in the sunlight, yet didn't the anime show that as being one way of destroying Dio's spores/cells? In the manga i may have recalled that the first spore was burned by Magician's Red

No, the first spore was killed by Joseph's ripple.

i0UK4JRSOeprZ.png

jgminto

The Jotaro laugh is a legendary moment.

edit: The cover for Volume 7 of Jojolion is pretty awesome.

Volume_111.jpg

King Nothing is such a cool looking stand. I've been really impressed with the stand designs in Jojolion so far. King Nothing, Nut King Call, Fun Fun Fun, Paisley Park, I Am a Rock and Born This Way are all awesome designs and Soft & Wet is one of the best designs of the entire series. The only one I'm not too hot on is California King Bed, I don't even know what it's supposed to be. Paper Moon King is just origami so that's kinda average as well.

Yeah, King Nothing is definitely among the best-designed Stands in the series. I just wish it were a combat-type so we could see it bring the smackdown :(

Also, I'm pretty sure that California King Bed is supposed to be one of those pressure-relieving travel pillows, the kind that sit around your neck and have a bunch of heating/cooling pads hanging off of them for more comfort.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand now I'm just realizing that every member of the Higashikata family has a Stand with "King" in its name. Cool!

Stinky

I read this section of Part 3 very last, after I had caught up with all the other parts (because shit scans)..

It was really mindblowing when Polnareff is like
dude lets make our stands small. WTF? Why is this shown only once and doesnt it basically invalidate Hierophant Greens main ability if every stand can do that??

I love how Polnareff basically justifies it by saying something about stands "just being spiritual energy", so of course they can minimise them ..

jgminto

True Facts About Jorge Joestar

Stands are named after films and television series instead of songs and bands.
The universe was reset 36 times. Cars became an immortal being in all of them, so he lived through the resets, meaning there are 36 Cars hanging out on Mars. Apparently they are the 36 souls of sinners in Dio’s plan to go to Heaven.
Part 3’s Dio Brando was a fake Dio.
Rohan survived the universal reset by being so concentrated on his manga work that he didn’t even notice Made in Heaven’s effect, somehow making him immune to it.
The area of Morioh breaks off from the mainland and sprouts legs.
Part 1 Dio becomes the ultimate lifeform. The Holy Corpse is actually his corpse, and he has a Stand that looks like Jesus called the Passion.
Johnathan comes back to life and fuses with the Holy Corpse.
Killer Queen abandons Kira and joins up with Cars. Cars uses Bites the Dust to explode shit until he’s far back enough in time that he’s at a universe where there only was one reset, the Steel Ball Run universe.
Funny Valentine has a son named Funnier Valentine, who in turn has a son called The Funniest Valentine.
THE FUNNIEST VALENTINE!!! I need to read this book...

I'd totally believe that bit about Rohan though.

tumblr_n3k4r13aWE1rqbjyuo2_500.jpg
tumblr_mtlv6yAn491qdiw9jo2_500.png
tumblr_mtl6rt9pWk1qkmejdo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mtkthwRNf71qkmejdo1_500.jpg

AAAAAAH!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIIIIIS!!! These fucking illustrations are the worst and best thing ever!

Astral

So who's the guy who made these videos? They're pretty fucking awesome. I know there's technically a Part 6 one but it's clearly not from the same guy and I think the Part 5 video is recent (coincidentally it came out the day I finished reading Part 5.)

Tizoc

Funny Valentine has a son named Funnier Valentine, who in turn has a son called The Funniest Valentine.
That is even more surreal than Morioh sprouting legs, why hasn't this book been fully translated yet?

Kurtofan

Polnareff tearing up about his friend's death is going to be how the episode ends.

And yeah knowing about the retcon kind of removes the impact, but I can't wait to see non-readers react.

I'm honestly really interested to see how the anime handles Iggy. Will he debut with his "ugly" pre-Pet Shop look, or will he be cute from the start? I wonder how they'll handle his antics if they go with the latter, as said actions kind of betray the type of character he is post-development.

I'm honestly really interested to see how the anime handles Iggy. Will he debut with his "ugly" pre-Pet Shop look, or will he be cute from the start? I wonder how they'll handle his antics if they go with the latter, as said actions kind of betray the type of character he is post-development.

I hope they evolve from "just a dog" to "we need this dog to have emotions because he has a fight"

Astral

Polnareff tearing up about his friend's death is going to be how the episode ends.

And yeah knowing about the retcon kind of removes the impact, but I can't wait to see non-readers react.

His return was a retcon? Araki didn't plan his survival from the start? Not that I'd be surprised.

Kurtofan

Avdol took a bullet straight through the head. He was as dead as dead can be.

Fans really wanted Avdol back, so Araki brought him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom