• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

tumblr_n647qo0si61s2kojso1_1280.png

This manga GAF.

Kurtofan

Just caught up on Jojolion (I had stopped reading around the robbing road storyline), glad to see it picked up in intensity.

The story seems to be going somewhere interesting too.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Considering how much Araki's art has changed, I could easily see Yotsyu and Cars being the same person.

jgminto

I want to see a list of the longest JoJo fights. Yotsuyu's 40 or so pages per chapter, 7 chapter fight was a damn long one.

I want to see a list of the longest JoJo fights. Yotsuyu's 40 or so pages per chapter, 7 chapter fight was a damn long one.

DIO's World was 18 chapters at 20 pages per chapter, for a grand total of 360 pages (80 pages more than Yotsuyu's). If we count the entire "Bites the Dust" timeloop in the fight vs. Kira, then that one clocks in at 17 chapters. The first fight against Kira (the Sheer Heart Attack arc) was 11 chapters, one of the longest for a non-final battle in the whole series.

Latest Jojolion chapter got me all confused & shit. In a good way!

Why does it feel like Tsurugi is a mastermind or a major player? At first I thought it was the other way around.

Considering how much Araki's art has changed, I could easily see Yotsyu and Cars being the same person.

This ain't no Earth 616 & Ultimate universe crossover now

yami4ct

The end of Part 5 with the Silver Chariot Requiem through the defeat of Diavolo sequence has to be up there. I don't know exactly how long it was, but it felt like ages reading it.

Alright, so I'm 40 chapters into Part 6 now, and I think I can officially say I'm loving it so far. The way the stands all seem to integrate with the bodies of their users is a really interesting change from the way we're used to seeing stands. I also love the cast and setting. The whole prison thing brings a nice sense of danger and urgency that really works well. Excited to read more. The nice pacing alone is really making up for the bummer of an ending Part 5 had.

fertygo

What do you guys think the anime production team will do for the fight that getting longer and longer by chapter count for SC anime?

I think they'd still keep it episodic despite the egyptian god fight is hitting 5-7 chapter on average.

The closest one to test that assumption is Hol Horse fight I think
Part 6 is awesome. I'll never understand why it seems to garner the amount of vitriol that it does.

Its on my top 3 for sure. Its just click with me I think.

jgminto

The end of Part 5 with the Silver Chariot Requiem through the defeat of Diavolo sequence has to be up there. I don't know exactly how long it was, but it felt like ages reading it.

Alright, so I'm 40 chapters into Part 6 now, and I think I can officially say I'm loving it so far. The way the stands all seem to integrate with the bodies of their users is a really interesting change from the way we're used to seeing stands. I also love the cast and setting. The whole prison thing brings a nice sense of danger and urgency that really works well. Excited to read more. The nice pacing alone is really making up for the bummer of an ending Part 5 had.

I didn't really like the intro to Stone Ocean. I think having to reintroduce stands lessened my enjoyment of the early chapters. It was nice in 4 and 5 with the characters not having to have the stands explained to them. Also don't get why Jolyne didn't have a stand to begin with since she's a Joestar but Araki gonna Araki. After that I really enjoy Stone Ocean, some fantastic fights.

Part 6 is awesome. I'll never understand why it seems to garner the amount of vitriol that it does.

Emporio.

You mean down. A lot of people don't like how the part concluded and Emporio's actions in it.

I'll admit that Part 6's end is by far the weakest aspect of it, but there was just something so satisfying about
a little boy using an advanced understanding of atmospheric science to crush one of the most dangerous villains in the series while delivering an awesome speech. A conclusive Jolyne vs. Pucci fight would've been all-around better, though.

jgminto

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! The Invincible Trio finished Volume 45! Diamond is Unbreakable is almost free from Duwang! I hope they help with the Vento Aureo retranslation once they finish.

While I wanted to find out more about Yagiyama,
I think it's time to go back to that mystery of how that baby was found after Johnny Joestar's death

Eusis

hZlAIT6.jpg

Thats how I felt when challenging a boss with Solaire help. Wish we could do poses like this in Dark Souls lol.
Yeah but I don't think it matches appropriately for who die-wait this is Dark Souls nevermind.

Although even disregarding that point if it's Oscar rather than the PC on the left then hell yes it fits.

Nevermind I completely forgot who was where. I blame Jonathan.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Stone Ocean is weird. Not feeling it as much as I was the other parts so far.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If Godzilla has a Stand, what would it be?

Continuing trends from earlier in the thread

Apparently Oak and Old Joesph have the same VA

Huh, that he is. He has a nice voice range (he does the Narrator of Pokemon too, which has that intonation similar to Oak's voice).

If Godzilla has a Stand, what would it be?

Godzilla's just a regular lizard who happens to be the user of the Stand Holy Diver, which allows its user to increase its size in relation to how much of a threat its enemies are and also shoot atomic particles out of its mouth because Araki.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Speaking of voice actor coincidences, I'm re-watching Yu-Gi-Oh GX right now...the second season villain, Saiou, is voiced by DIO, and uses a Tarot Card deck, with The World his main card. It came out before Dio was voiced by Koyasu, though, but it's sort of a funny coincidence. More to that, one of the recent episodes had him send out an assassin voiced by the dude who does Hol Horse.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lemme edit that for ya

Godzilla's just a regular 「Lizard」 who happens to be the user of the Stand 「Holy Diver」, which allows its user to increase its 「Size」 in relation to how much of a threat its enemies are and also shoot 「Atomic Particles」 out of its mouth because Araki.

Now that sounds like Jojo!

dan2026

Good to see they aren't shying away for the animal deaths.
Although we will have to wait for the blu-rays to see it properly...

Tizoc

Godzilla's just a regular lizard who happens to be the user of the Stand Holy Diver, which allows its user to increase its size in relation to how much of a threat its enemies are and also shoot atomic particles out of its mouth because Araki.
AND DROP KICKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom