• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Araki's anatomy is pretty bad. It was never one of his strong suits. I remember the Battle Tendency OP behind-the-scenes shots where they show what kind of limb contortions and deformaties were necessary to recreate the poses Araki drew using a 3D model.
mu1Gok2.jpg

sFU7n9I.jpg

Eusis

Araki makes his characters interesting and can draw?

Araki's anatomy is pretty bad. It was never one of his strong suits. I remember the Battle Tendency OP behind-the-scenes shots where they show what kind of limb contortions and deformaties were necessary to recreate the poses Araki drew using a 3D model.
He improved a lot over the years. Had we been comparing at similar time frames from start of the series I'd probably give Bleach the nod most of the way on artistic ability, but Araki's modern stuff definitely seems to have actually gotten proper anatomy down and can be crazy detailed, and I question if Tite Kubo would ever be that good.

He kind of has a one face issue too, but it's not as if Tite Kubo's really any better there. Nevermind that among the Jojos it's kind of justified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I

I swear that is the best track in Part 2 anime. It's narmy, whack and just all around entertaining. Couple it with the bizarre and fabulous awakening of the Pillar Men ending with THIS POSE
pillar-men-43729.jpg

Just makes it all the more awesome.

It truly is. I wish the OST had a version of Overdrive without lyrics though.

As long as it looks cool, who really cares. Kubo is pretty good in that regard and knows how to draw stylish poses without compromising anatomy but I really love the way Araki draws his characters and I wouldn't want him to stop doing that. I guess I could do without breakdancing Polnareff.

Reknoc

Blame the fashion mags he steals all his poses from!

yami4ct

Just finished Part V and boy was I loving it....right until the very end. Man did it seem like Araki ran out of ideas right when he got to the final battle with Diavolo. All the stuff with Polnareff's renegade stand and Diavolo possessing a random team member was boring as hell compared to what came before. It really didn't feel like it could achieve the level of tension he clearly wanted it to. It just felt sort of slow. Also, man was Narancia's death sudden. Out of nowhere was he killed and the audience gets zero time to mourn him. At least with Leone, you felt his death coming. It was suspenseful and when Araki did it, it made sense. Narancia just gets offed out of nowhere.

The biggest problem I had, though, is that the entire ending is a cheat. Giovanni gets Gold Experience Requiem, who's powers exist purely to take out King Crimson and takes him out likes it's nothing. Gold Experience Requiem's powers are ridiculous in the way they are so targeted toward King Crimson. It was super anti-climatic. Then you get like 2-pages of epilogue with no dialogue as a wrap-up. Just didn't work for me.

Overall, I still really liked Part V. While it's nowhere near as good as IV, the side characters were all really great and when it finally got going, it had a really great sense of pacing. I loved the variety of stands and villains here. It was just a ton of fun. I would have loved to have seen Araki do a bit more with Giovani being Dio's son, but that's not that huge a thing to overlook. Overall, it was probably mediocre JoJo, but even mediocre JoJo is still a great ride.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
By the way, did you read the special chapter of Part V? There's one more story that features the gang before they meet Giorno that serves as the epilogue, mainly for Bruno. It's nice just to see Fugo, Narancia, and Leone once more.

At least Araki draw background.

Nope, starting with SBR and JoJoLion, I've noticed he's been doing the "character with thick outline against white backdrop" quite a bit.

Erigu

Just finished Part V and boy was I loving it....right until the very end. Man did it seem like Araki ran out of ideas right when he got to the final battle with Diavolo.
Yep, that's more or less where the series took a nosedive, unfortunately (and it's never quite recovered since)...

yami4ct

By the way, did you read the special chapter of Part V? There's one more story that features the gang before they meet Giorno that serves as the epilogue, mainly for Bruno. It's nice just to see Fugo, Narancia, and Leone once more.

The Rolling Stone stuff? If it's that, it was neat. A bit weird that it sort of came in at a random time, but it was nice to see Bruno's gang again.

Astral

One thing I really don't like about Jojo is how each Part seems to end so abruptly. They beat the bad guy, say like 3 things and it just ends. Part 7's was the worst. Johnny explains the current situation in Gyro's home country and in the very next page is "The End." No meaningful final words or anything.

Watch Da Birdie

One thing I really don't like about Jojo is how each Part seems to end so abruptly. They beat the bad guy, say like 3 things and it just ends. Part 7's was the worst. Johnny explains the current situation in Gyro's home country and in the very next page is "The End." No meaningful final words or anything.

I think it's just the necessity of it being serialized.

Araki (more likely the manga editors) don't want to spend one chapter on just the ending words, and probably want to move on to the next part since I imagine interest in each part wanes as the ending sort of drags on, so they gotta hurry and start the next part to keep the interest of the reader.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
You need to pay premium on NicoNico to watch things at a quality that isn't from 1999? What the fuck.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. the good thing is premium account also allow user to watch live broadcast and such other than higher quality video.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
technically you can watch hq without premium... during low traffic hours

also it's the best place to watch Nintendo Direct

A question about crunchyroll and Jojo: will they update the episodes they offer to the uncensored versions when the vol 3 dvds come out or do they wait till the whole season is over and then update them? I think i might just hold off on watching Jojo as it airs as the lst few episodes have had some really dumb censorship moments.

So, I've been trying to find some info on the latest JoJolion chapter (32) and I found some very Bizarre stuff (even for Jojo.) Of course, spoilers, so take with a grain of salt if true.

Oh my god

A question about crunchyroll and Jojo: will they update the episodes they offer to the uncensored versions when the vol 3 dvds come out or do they wait till the whole season is over and then update them? I think i might just hold off on watching Jojo as it airs as the lst few episodes have had some really dumb censorship moments.

I don't know, tbh, but if they are you'd be waiting A LOT considering the first BR will be out at the end of July and that's only 4 episodes, so you'd pretty much be waiting until vol 3 for new content and that's gonna take quite a while.

Watch Da Birdie

Poor poor Eifel
tumblr_n5uu6aQ28f1ruytnho1_1280.png

I love how silly that whole fight ends up being even though it's set up as a 'serious' fight between two people wanting revenge on the family who caused the death of their relative.

jgminto

That's unlikely. I'm surprised they even got the uncensored version of the first season. I don't think I've ever seen a show update episodes on there.

edit:

JoJolion Chapter 32 is out and translated.

I'm not sure yet, but it seems like Yotsuya and his "people" might be alt universe Pillar Men? It seems Yotsuya isn't the only stone person about.

jgminto

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's still very confusing at this point. Would that make Yotsuyu the
Santana of Jojolion?
lol

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's still very confusing at this point. Would that make Yotsuyu the
Santana of Jojolion?
lol

Yeah, I think so if that rings true.
Isn't he supposed to be Rohan though, like parallel wise?
Another possibility that would easier tie into Part 4 is Aliens, I guess.

Although speaking of aliens, and this is diverting off the Ch. 32 talk, I think Part 9 should be in the future on a Space Colony or something. After Part 8 is over, Araki will either do another in the present part, or go back again. Both of which have been done, but he's never done far into the future. I think it has lots of grounds for potential, and some stands like C-Moon, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Planet Waves already have a Space kind of feel.
Plus something like that might bring about the return of Ultimate Cars with a Stand, which would be the craziest shit

jgminto

Yeah, I think so if that rings true.
Isn't he supposed to be Rohan though, like parallel wise?
Another possibility that would easier tie into Part 4 is Aliens, I guess.

Although speaking of aliens, and this is diverting off the Ch. 32 talk, I think Part 9 should be in the future on a Space Colony or something. After Part 8 is over, Araki will either do another in the present part, or go back again. Both of which have been done, but he's never done far into the future. I think it has lots of grounds for potential, and some stands like C-Moon, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Planet Waves already have a Space kind of feel.
Plus something like that might bring about the return of Ultimate Cars with a Stand, which would be the craziest shit

I don't think it's directly tying each character to a Part 4 counterpart. SBR didn't do that exactly either and it used character links from other parts, like Avdol. I dunno if I could buy Araki scifi. His best stuff always ties into modern culture somewhat, I guess it might work though I doubt it would be something that would interest Araki.

Also I think Norisuke IV is the best character in Jojolion. He has the best moments.

After reading chapter 32 of Jojolion, I'm even more confused about what's happening. For me, it's the most bizarre part yet.

What is the relation between stone "people", the Wall Eyes and the weird bite marks?

I do like the theory where Stone Guys = Pillar Man (or something similar) but there are too many mysteries at the present moment.

Astral

After reading chapter 32 of Jojolion, I'm even more confused about what's happening. For me, it's the most bizarre part yet.

What is the relation between stone "people", the Wall Eyes and the weird bite marks?

I do like the theory where Stone Guys = Pillar Man (or something similar) but there are too many mysteries at the present moment.

All will be revealed in due time I guess. The only thing that seems is that those with the bite marks develop Stands. Bite marks seem to come from coming in contact with the Wall Eyes.

I picked up some pretty cool JoJo prints at a convention yesterday.

uRAUfwel.jpg

Apparently my little brother got a Stardust Crusaders one as well, so I'll get him to send me a pic of that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom