• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
zlCfzSEWhT0QgF2qcr

DK's HOLY SANDSTORM

Kurtofan

Wondering where the next episode will end, considering they seem to be doing the whole fight in one episode.
My guess would be when they send Ann back home and deal with ZZ for good, but that would make it 4 chapters+ which is a lot. Hmmm.

My guess would be that they end the episode with ZZ out of the car, and wait for the week after to show who's boss.

Your thoughts?

Tizoc

Wondering where the next episode will end, considering they seem to be doing the whole fight in one episode.
My guess would be when they send Ann back home and deal with ZZ for good, but that would make it 4 chapters+ which is a lot. Hmmm.

My guess would be that they end the episode with ZZ out of the car, and wait for the week after to show who's boss.

Your thoughts?

The episode will end
halfway with Jotaro being 'killed' and the ending theme running, then Jotaro interrupts it and finishes off ZZ.

Your thoughts?

I just know that if they don't do a credits fake out they will have failed

Slamtastic's Fantasy Cast

Will A Zepelli: J.B. Blanc
Dio Brando: Crispin Freeman Patrick Seitz (Announced)

Joseph Joestar (Young): Troy Baker
Wham: Jamieson Price

Jotaro Kujo: Patrick Seitz Matthew Mercer (Announced)
Joseph Joestar (Old): Richard Epcar (Announced)

Yoshikage Kira: Kyle Hebert

Giorno Giovanna: Steve Staley
Bruno Bucieletti: Yuri Lowenthal
Narancia Ghirga: Maile Flanagan
Doppio: Michael Sinterniklaas
Diavolo: Neil Kaplan

Jolyne Kujo: Laura Bailey
Enrico Pucci: J. Grant Albrecht

Johnny Joestar: Bryce Papenbrook
Gyro Zepelli: Roger Craig Smith

Josuke Higashikata: Benjamin Diskin

Will update once I think of more.

Tizoc

tumblr_n7lthgrpmE1s2kojso1_1280.png

What exactly is the implication behind 'So girls can eat it in order from top to bottom'? What if I don't want to eat it in order, huh Araki? ...and why do you mention girls in particular?

tumblr_n7p9oqpR4B1qkq1zyo1_1280.png

jgminto

I think Araki needs to brush up on his dog anatomy. Iwasuke was a monstrosity in the last Jojolion chapter. This is what happens when he doesn't get to slaughter dogs for so long.

Tizoc

Loving the pace of the Part 3 anime.
For the next Stand encounter, do you think it'll be a 2 parter or will they cover everything in 1 ep.?

...and now that I think about it, the Justice encounter is pretty much based on
zombie hordes in an abandoned-like city/town movies

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Loving the pace of the Part 3 anime.
For the next Stand encounter, do you think it'll be a 2 parter or will they cover everything in 1 ep.?

...and now that I think about it, the Justice encounter is pretty much based on
zombie hordes in an abandoned-like city/town movies

The preview said "Part 1" so yeah it's going to be a two parter

Tizoc

The preview said "Part 1" so yeah it's going to be a two parter

Cool thanks. I think the very final battle against Dio might be turned into 4 episodes, as so far, the Part 3 DVD/Blurays are 4 eps. a volume right?

EDIT: OK seriously Dio gets the sexiest poses and close ups during the last arc in Part 3.

Riposte

The end of Part 6 feels like an alternate bad end where for some reason or another Gio doesn't show up to tip the scales, even though everything says he should.

Riposte

You mean Florida, heh. Speaking of which: "The Universe is sped up until it reboots, G/A/F?"

In Part 4, would Kira's final gambit have really worked? His enemies already knew who he was so how could they be told that secret again? I mean he doesn't die when he's told he is Kira.

jgminto

You mean Florida, heh. Speaking of which: "The Universe is sped up until it reboots, G/A/F?"

In Part 4, would Kira's final gambit have really worked? His enemies already knew who he was so how could they be told that secret again? I mean he doesn't die when he's told he is Kira.

It would have worked if Kira didn't fuck around and just went to work. Jotaro, Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi all died on the second repeat. But since Kira called back Killer Queen before then it cancelled. If you mean when he had the woman hostage, he tells her more than just his name.

Riposte

Damn it, it's all coming back to me now... They totally could have won or at least put up more of a fight (since I see there being a reason for all the shenanigans that followed). Part 2 finale odds were way lower. I could imagine a dozen clever solutions, a bunch of ways the set up is kind of lame or incomplete, and even some ways they could have put Jolyene "over" similar to what every other previous JoJo got. It's probably the last thing that bothers me most. Her powers were slowly getting more inventive and she's just sitting there with Kujo genes amidst time hijinks, yet, for more than the first time, she's just a means for the villain. Whatever, I won't write out that rant, but I think that and how ripple was handed going into Part 3 are two ugly points of the series that prevent me from enjoying some chapters.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Finally able to enter JoJoGAF without being super spoiled! Yay!

I've been a huge fan of JoJo since rereading Part 3 over and over for years, but just recently I've had the time to marathon 1-2 and 4-8 (halfway through 7 right now).

Is there any way we could ever see a return to the
old universe
? Was it ever established that
it was completely destroyed/ruined beyond repair
? I know
basically everyone died, but it's kinda sad to just wipe away any chance of future cameos/Joestars
Araki pls. Need more Josuke and Giorno.

Going to finish catching up on 7-8 before doing my insert-favorite-things-here post.

jgminto

Finally able to enter JoJoGAF without being super spoiled! Yay!

I've been a huge fan of JoJo since rereading Part 3 over and over for years, but just recently I've had the time to marathon 1-2 and 4-8 (halfway through 7 right now).

Is there any way we could ever see a return to the
old universe
? Was it ever established that
it was completely destroyed/ruined beyond repair
? I know
basically everyone died, but it's kinda sad to just wipe away any chance of future cameos/Joestars
Araki pls. Need more Josuke and Giorno.

Going to finish catching up on 7-8 before doing my insert-favorite-things-here post.

Araki has already returned to the first universe after he finished Stone Ocean. It's all exclusively Rohan spin-offs though. If Araki really wanted to he could have the former characters appear like Irene or Annakiss but I don't think he'd want to. The alternate universe versions let him explore similar themes without being tied down to specific personalities. Imagine how much worse Johnny would have been if he had the personality of Jonathan.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Araki has already returned to the first universe after he finished Stone Ocean. It's all exclusively Rohan spin-offs though. If Araki really wanted to he could have the former characters appear like Irene or Annakiss but I don't think he'd want to. The alternate universe versions let him explore similar themes without being tied down to specific personalities. Imagine how much worse Johnny would have been if he had the personality of Jonathan.

Makes sense. I knew about those Rohan spin-offs and other non-canonical stories, but I was hoping for a little more spotlight on past Joestars in Parts 5 and 6. Heck, I'd even take more Koichi.
As much as I love Jotaro, I feel like he was basically put in every part because Araki could have him stop time whenever it was convenient.

fertygo

No Jotaro in part 5 past a small scene is why I love part 5 so much. Gotta escape the worst Jojo.

Look at the irony in this post. Just tell me how you really feel brah.

And this quote doesn't even make any sense
As much as I love Jotaro, I feel like he was basically put in every part because Araki could have him stop time whenever it was convenient.

Jotaro never bring so much convenience every time he brought up in other part, every fight with him is death match in part 4, at Stone Ocean? LOL
So what the problem again?

Riposte

Jolyne didn't get enough time to shine during her finale.

Also I have so many questions about the old universe. Like that motherfucking alien in part 4.

Nexas

So I've just gotten into the series thanks to the anime, and I've started ready the manga because I don't have the patience to wait for the new episodes. I'm really enjoying it but I have to ask: What's up with all the dog murder? Does Araki hate dogs or does he like them and wants to show how evil the villains are by having them kill dogs all the time?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I've just gotten into the series thanks to the anime, and I've started ready the manga because I don't have the patience to wait for the new episodes. I'm really enjoying it but I have to ask: What's up with all the dog murder? Does Araki hate dogs or does he like them and wants to show how evil the villains are by having them kill dogs all the time?

Welcome! You should be VERY careful here. This thread pretty much assumes you're all caught up to Part 8.

Be warned: MASSIVE UNTAGGED SPOILERS SURROUND YOU.
This is JoJoGAF's stand. SPOILERS ENTERPRISE! *cool pose*

-ahem-

About the animal cruelty: who knows? There's so much dog brutality that it originally made me uncomfortable to read JoJo. Now each part is basically "which dog will die".

Jolyne didn't get enough time to shine during her finale.

Also I have so many questions about the old universe. Like that motherfucking alien in part 4.

There's way too many unresolved things/goofy ways Araki handled things.
  • Why introduce Mikitaka Hazekura if you're not going to do cool alien stuff with him? He was just kinda...there.
  • Why was there no follow-up on Shizuka Joestar? Wouldn't a Part about a girl who could BECOME INVISIBLE be really cool?
  • So Polnareff just spends the rest of his life as a turtle with Giorno?
  • Is the universe at the end of Part 6 the same as the current one? I know Araki said something about them not being the same, but that was in the All Star Battle guidebook.
Jolyne didn't get enough time to do anything really. F.F. pretty much stole the show. Then Araki got to take up like 20 pages with his usual Star-Platinum-stops-time-but-SOMETHING-IS-WRONG-and-Jotaro-says-"Something-is-wrong".

fertygo

Jolyne pretty much is a star in most cool fight in SO barring the last one, so eh.. I don't get the sentiment, if that's what you think about Jolyne, man Josuke got it bad then..

Riposte

Jolyne pretty much is a star in most cool fight in SO barring the last one, so eh.. I don't get the sentiment, if that's what you think about Jolyne, man Josuke got it bad then..

Joylne did a lot of cool stuff and Stone Ocean was definitely as inventive as any JoJo part, but they basically made her useless at the end and, worst of all, the reason they lost that fight. I think if she got a moment like a "The Invincible Crazy Diamond" turnaround (most hype chapter name ever) or "I can stop time too", she would be my favorite. Araki did some cool things with her power, but there was a lot of underutilized stuff or things she only used once for some reason (like instead of jumping into water, why not make a net to see where he's coming from - and for that matter, why not use Weather Report's power to control the waves or something! Don't get me started) She's the only female JoJo and she got robbed lol. She even lost the Jo in her name! Invisible Baby would have been a cool ally, that was definitely something that annoyed me.

Also I wonder what Golden Experience's "Life Shot" (when the stand punches a person) would have done to Pucci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom