• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones tests positive for steroids after UFC 214, title stripped

DC is the real loser. He's only lost to one guy, and that guy is a cheater. He'll never know who was the better man, on an even non-juicer playing field.

Yeah that's gonna fuck with his mind. Especially the 2nd fight. It was close as hell until the KO

Provided Jones was using PED's who knows how that fight would have played out if he was clean considering how close it was

Neith

Banned
I am firm believer that roids will help you greatly in these hyper aggressive fights. DC is the better man by far, and the title stripping is the right thing to do.

I am firm believer that roids will help you greatly in these hyper aggressive fights. DC is the better man by far, and the title stripping is the right thing to do.

All you have to do to see how much PED's help in MMA is to look at TRT Vitor vs current Vitor.

Its a damn big difference, especially in a sport so physical

ApharmdX

Banned
DC is the real loser. He's only lost to one guy, and that guy is a cheater. He'll never know who was the better man, on an even non-juicer playing field.

Nah, DC is champ again, making champ money, has kept his sponsors, and is doing his side broadcasting thing. Jones lost his sponsors and won't be working for years. Not any way to twist DC into the real loser. I mean I'm sure Cormier would have rather won that fight but he'll get at least one more big title defense (and his legacy remains untarnished).

3N16MA

Banned
DC can take solace (not sure that he will) in knowing that Jones felt threatened enough by him and needed to cheat in order get an advantage.

This whole thing is so unfair to dc.

Yeah the guy is a consummate professional and great human being as well. Through this entire thing he's got tons of fan hate and taken his only losses in his career to a cheater.

A dude that legit doesn't deserve the shit he's been drug through

3N16MA

Banned
Yeah the guy is a consummate professional and great human being as well. Through this entire thing he's got tons of fan hate and taken his only losses in his career to a cheater.

A dude that legit doesn't deserve the shit he's been drug through

I'm not sure why people hate him.

Allforce

I am one of those who did for awhile and I'm not even sure why I did. Just came off as cornball to me I guess? Him doing commentary and all this garbage surrounding him with Jones has really made me respect the guy and admire what a pro he is.

I agree. Look at the Jones vs Gus fight. Jones pushed himself in that 5th round to edge out Gus when both were dead tired. No way Jones does that clean.

I think its a few things.

Jones in the cage has never been anything short of greatness. That's exciting as hell to watch and is going to earn him good will. DC didn't do himself any favors with the Anderson Fight where he took it very safe. Then you combo it with Jones being the "Redemption Story" and DC being the "Fake / Paper Champ" and people Boo him and root for Jones instead.

But that shit should be over now. DC is a great guy, an excellent fighter. Meanwhile this is what Jon Jones has given us over the last few years

vt4c.png

3N16MA

Banned
I always looked at DC as a hard working (very good) fighter who tried to be a decent role model. Some may think he was corny but being a decent person never comes off as corny to me.

Qvoth

is dc even willing to take the champ status now that jones is stripped?
i'd say it's probably better to just vacate the belt in the mean time
not worth the drama all over again imo

THE GUY

Banned
I always looked at DC as a hard working (very good) fighter who tried to be a decent role model. Some may think he was corny but being a decent person never comes off as corny to me.
His story is pretty inspiring. Lost a father at the age of seven, and then his own daughter when she was only three months. Anyone who's lost someone close to them knows how destructive grief is, yet the man persevered, competed in the Olympics, and became one of the best MMA fighters.

Kelsdesu

Sheeeit. He aint missing out on dem sweet sweet ppv points.

Nah, DC is champ again, making champ money, has kept his sponsors, and is doing his side broadcasting thing. Jones lost his sponsors and won't be working for years. Not any way to twist DC into the real loser. I mean I'm sure Cormier would have rather won that fight but he'll get at least one more big title defense (and his legacy remains untarnished).

And Jones lost the Brock fight.

Heel

Let haters pretend the title is vacant in his next title defense. Who cares.

I don't see how Jones still has a defense force on this being a "mistake".

DC has been tested for the last 12 straight years under USADA and never failed a test. Jones has failed multiple time in the last 3. The dude is dopeing

Dynomutt

I think its a few things.

Jones in the cage has never been anything short of greatness. That's exciting as hell to watch and is going to earn him good will. DC didn't do himself any favors with the Anderson Fight where he took it very safe. Then you combo it with Jones being the "Redemption Story" and DC being the "Fake / Paper Champ" and people Boo him and root for Jones instead.

But that shit should be over now. DC is a great guy, an excellent fighter. Meanwhile this is what Jon Jones has given us over the last few years

vt4c.png

At least he is consistent...

kiguel182

Man, fuck Jones. I don't understand how people keep supporting this dude.

It sucks that DC couldn't get a clean fight with him but at least now his only losses are to a cheater and he is champ again. Cormier seems like a nice dude so I'm happy for him.

DC deserves a better rival than Jones.

I genuinely hope the Jones redemption arc is over. He failed.

I honestly hope at the very least he finds a way to get his personal life straight. He's got kids and shit. I wouldn't wish the life of an addict father on them.

ApharmdX

Banned
And Jones lost the Brock fight.

Yeah, that would have been millions between show money and the PPV points. Between this lost fight, other past lost fights, and losing his Nike sponsorship, the dude has gutted his earning potential.

I believe he could lose up to 40% of his purse from the DC fight now as well? He's fucked.

I believe him.

We know he somehow took a steroid, we just don't know how he did.
Maybe someone close to him steered him wrong somehow.

Top Bottom