• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So.... Cap is going to get his youth back somehow soon?

You should actually read the linked interview instead of just looking at the shiny picture cause...

Nrama: So we got a look at the connecting covers of April’s Avengers #44 and New Avengers #33 by Dustin Weaver. I know you can’t divulge spoilers, but just the cover itself – looks like Steve Rogers back as Cap versus Superior Iron Man - but that’s not the older Steve Rogers, from what I can tell. We just saw him take down a host of Shang Chi’s even in his advanced age, but is these April covers revealing Steve will revert in age?

Brevoort: Steve only looks younger there because of Dustin’s style. He’s not rejuvenated. That’s still an older Steve Rogers. I can tell you that definitively.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was REAL as fucking shit.

Unfortunately, now they don't have whatever data Maximus was working off of and it sounds like that might be kind of important.

Weird, I'm on marvel.com and it's telling me the digital issue isn't available.

Edit: nevermind, it shows up if I browse "New" comics. If I just go to "Series" and click Avengers 2012, there's no buy option there. Marvel needs to fix the jank on their website.

Just read it. Fuuuuuu

Some thoughts:

Not going to spoiler this one: I fucking hate Steve Rogers

Spoilers:

Did Thanos just get destroyed in this Marvel universe? If so, that's probably more of a bombshell than Namor dying.

Why is everyone acting like killing Sun God's world was such a massive travesty? They should have let trillions in both universes die?

Fuck Steve Rogers.

Loke13

Just read it. Fuuuuuu

Some thoughts:

Not going to spoiler this one: I fucking hate Steve Rogers

Spoilers:

Did Thanos just get destroyed in this Marvel universe? If so, that's probably more of a bombshell than Namor dying.

Why is everyone acting like killing Sun God's world was such a massive travesty? They should have let trillions in both universes die?

Fuck Steve Rogers.
Because Steve is the upholder of an outdated ideal that isn't practical in this situation or smart. But really I think he's just more pissed off at them for mindwiping him and keeping him in the dark for so long.

(Unspoiled this part because it's old)
On the destruction of the DC analogue world, it's always the same argument but basically it was a lesser evil case and even though it might have been a necessity, it doesn't mean it should go unpunished.
I still believe that Rogers and his friends don't have much legitimacy judging this themselves as they apparently let the Cabal do it dozens of time without acting to stop it.

I'm not expecting them to be dead, Maximus seemed to have a plan, but they won't be coming back next issue.
Namor might be dead for now though.

Edit: oh shit, thank you high res digital
I hadn't realized you could read Blackbolt's tiny lines. He says "When you see my brother Maximus... Bid him..." and screams "farewell".

Loke13

I love what Hickman is doing to these superheroes it's so dirty and cut throat.Build up was something to see but the payoff was just AMAZING.

Mudcrab

My god Hickman. I said wow.

No way that's it for the Cabal. That scene with Black Swan noticing Namor leads me to think its not quite over yet.

Mudcrab

Nah, the Cabal will fuck shit up. It is known.

Btw, Steve, pls; don't go Cranky Kong on us

Steve seems like he'll be relatively satisfied with Reed and co surrendering and the Cabal going boom. Rogers will move on to kicking Superior Tony's ass in no time at all.

Also does this mean T'challa doesn't trust Reed?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Steve seems like he'll be relatively satisfied with Reed and co surrendering and the Cabal going boom. Rogers will move on to kicking Superior Tony's ass in no time at all.

Also does this mean T'challa doesn't trust Reed?

No, it just mean T'Challa wanted to kill Namor and Reed shouldn't have trusted him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep. Enjoyed the read but it's not the best thing i've read lately. Spider Verse is just KILLING it week after week.

And on that note: R.I.P
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM SPIDERMAN

I fucking died when I realized which Spider-man that was. He really did mean every Spider-man ever.

I fucking died when I realized which Spider-man that was. He really did mean every Spider-man ever.

It took me a minute to realize that Spider-Man from the "Turn off the dark" Broadway show is in the issue, though off panel.

double edit: Anarchist Spider Man
being a black dude
just blew my fucking mind. Did not see that coming.

Fintan

It took me a minute to realize that Spider-Man from the "Turn off the dark" Broadway show is in the issue, though off panel.

double edit: Anarchist Spider Man
being a black dude
just blew my fucking mind. Did not see that coming.
They say at the start that he's Hobie Brown AKA The Prowler.

Mudcrab

That was a pretty bitchmade move on T'Challa's part. Couldn't fight your own battle, big guy?

Black Bolt had to be there because they're not just killing Namor but Maximus as well.

Yep. Enjoyed the read but it's not the best thing i've read lately. Spider Verse is just KILLING it week after week.

I like Spider-verse too, but Avengers 40 was the payoff to two years of build-up and it came out of nowhere. Amazing issue.

Loke13

Black Bolt had to be there because they're not just killing Namor but Maximus as well.

I like Spider-verse too, but Avengers 40 was the payoff to two years of build-up and it came out of nowhere. Amazing issue.
And lets not forget that Namor orginally allied himself with the man responsible for destroying Attilan and also almost killing him.

And agreed Spider-verse is fun but Hickman has been building this up for years the build up+escalation+climax is why this issue was just incredible.

Yeah... Namor is going to fuck some shit up after all this is done with.

Also:
Everything on that alternate world was tinted blue. The ground that Namor landed on was red, right?
What's the deal with that?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah... Namor is going to fuck some shit up after all this is done with.

Also:
Everything on that alternate world was tinted blue. The ground that Namor landed on was red, right?
What's the deal with that?

Either
it was a mistake, or he landed on another Earth during an incursion

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That was a pretty bitchmade move on T'Challa's part. Couldn't fight your own battle, big guy?

To do it would require some sort of cosmic armbar. Outside of thatNamor would kick his ass though became Namor is really strong.

Also no way are all those characters dead.... i don't even think Namor is dead he was probably saved by maximus like the rest of the cabal. However, if he is dead great job by Hickman its been a long time coming and nobody in the 616 will shed a single tear for Namor

To do it would require some sort of cosmic armbar. Outside of thatNamor would kick his ass though became Namor is really strong.

Also no way are all those characters dead.... i don't even think Namor is dead he was probably saved by maximus like the rest of the cabal. However, if he is dead great job by Hickman its been a long time coming and nobody in the 616 will shed a single tear for Namor
Namor and Thanos are forever. They'll find their way back. And judging from the look on Namor's face his response will be glorious.

Mxrz

Hmm. No real interest in Marvel if
Namor stays dead.
Will give them a chance to fix things, but if this is going to be played legit or moral, then bleh.BP's speech there just oozed hypocrisy. Hopefully the writers will act on it. On the bright side, he gets to look bitchmade from here on.

Black Panther seems to have gotten some upgrades. He was wailing on Namor on the DC planet with those phantom claws. Not sure if he has enough offense to win an extended fight though. Namor has KO'd Iron Man in the past.

Deadly

Even if Maximus saved him he's fucked. They all saw him pretty much abandoning them.

SArcher

Banned
This should be a decent reading order at this point:

My reading order is pretty similar although post-Infinity I would personally recommend

New Avengers 13-17
Avengers 24-29
New Avengers 18-23
Avengers 30-36
New Avengers 24-26
Avengers 37-38
New Avengers 27
Avengers 39
New Avengers 28
Avengers 40

Top Bottom