• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joy Ride Turbo XBLA |OT| 800MSP - Kart Racing with your Avatar & NO KINECT

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Xbox.com (US):
-400 Microsoft Points - $4.99
-800 Microsoft Points - $9.99
-1600 Microsoft Points - $19.99
-4000 Microsoft Points - $49.99
-6000 Microsoft Points - $74.99
Damn Canada tax :(

I really am considering giving MS my credit card to purchase points for the first time, but I'm scared.

Gowans

Some of the 8 player games I did on this last night for bonkers. Managed to get a podium finish on most tho.

Love the blue & red mines that are definatly not shells haha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Online is positively barren.
Aye.

The parks are so addicting. I just spent the last 3 hours getting as many parts as I could. About 9 left across both parks.

That feel when you have 2/3 parts on most of the cars :(

This game is gonna take about 15+ million to get everything, sheesh.

DGRE

Banned
Played the demo for the kinect version. The controls were awful. I love how they even admitted it in the press release for this (precision racing).

Online is positively barren.

My guess is this is not a big seller. I wouldn't doubt if it's at less than 10,000 sales so far only because I broke the top 100 in a few time trials and that's not usually like me.
A wait of 2-3 minutes in the lobby got me in games with 5 racers and 3 bots most of the time. Not horrible.

Phloxy

Honestly if it wasn't for this thread I would never have known this even existed. Think that is the problem with this dashboard unfortunately.

Gowans

Yeah it's a shame, the game is fantastic.

The only solution is to strong arm friends into buying it so you can play together.

Game looks REALLY good btw.
Only wish there was a better camera for the stunt parks. Camera makes it difficult seeing trophys and car parts.

With so many games out there this really should have been free to play, a good way for microsoft to start the whole free stuff like they had planned the other year.

Online in this game will be dead in a matter of weeks.

Got all the trophies and hidden parts in the stunt parks =)

Some of them are really well hidden, but the hunt was a lot of fun. Just have to unlock all the cars now, which involves playing the final championship another ten or so times. It's painfully easy, which is lucky I guess!

The game does have its flaws, but it's still really good. Will happily buy new tracks/parks as DLC. It'd be nice if they patched in some new championships, just adding "pro championships" with no weapons would basically double the content really easily.

fernoca

Anyone know how to get the third avatar award?

I got the fits one by finishing a race first and I got some checked-flag-pants for buying a car; if my memory doesn't fail. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah, you'd need like 50m if you want all the gold skins!
If you buy the gold colour for one car, it unlocks for all it's skins right?

The number might actually be closer to 8 or 9 million for everything.

Doesn't xbox live allow Paypal? Why not just use that instead of actually giving them your card.
Yeah I didn't know they accepted PayPal, but that's what I ended up doing.

madmackem

Hmmmm ive just lost everything from my game, my gamesave is still there but when i load the game up i have no coins or cars unlocked.

Adam J.

Definitely putting this on my "buy" list after playing the demo. This game is so damned polished and fun. Love the handling of the cars and the joy-parks, (whatever they are called)are a blast. Perfect summer game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know where the last Crimson Park part is?

Got 40/40 on Perilous Park, finally got one that's been bothering me in Crimson, but now I'm 39/40 and don't know what I'm missing. Anything particularly hard y'all remember?

EDIT: it's the Inception Speed car part too, the one I want most D:

EDIT2: Is there a car part up the big orange wall, besides the one on the ledge on the left o it? If so, I don't know what to use to get that high.

EDIT3: Yes there is, don't know how the hell I'm gonna get that high, but I got close enough to see it.

Kokonoe

Banned
Just played the demo and I have to say for 10$, this is a pretty solid kart racer.
I especially like the stunt park.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
was extremely impressed by the demo. will buy it today I think.

I don't understand why this has bad online, from the demo it looked like it should be mario kart levels of fun.

The stunt park is a surprising addition and really really fun to play.

Anyone know where the last Crimson Park part is?

Got 40/40 on Perilous Park, finally got one that's been bothering me in Crimson, but now I'm 39/40 and don't know what I'm missing. Anything particularly hard y'all remember?

EDIT: it's the Inception Speed car part too, the one I want most D:

EDIT2: Is there a car part up the big orange wall, besides the one on the ledge on the left o it? If so, I don't know what to use to get that high.

EDIT3: Yes there is, don't know how the hell I'm gonna get that high, but I got close enough to see it.

If you haven't got it yet: you have to use the speed pad, and then use the boost powerup, the blue one. Might take a couple of goes to land it. Inception helps, obviously!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Fucking fuck. Don't think I will ever find these last three parts... I bet they are all around the same area, as well. D:

pQjMN.jpg

Fucking fuck. Don't think I will ever find these last three parts... I bet they are all around the same area, as well. D:

If you invite people to your stunt park, will they see what you're missing or what they're missing? If it's the former, you could invite some people to help you look around.

Dr Prob

Banned
This game is fun. Feels like a mix between the current kart racers and something like Outrun. Or something.

Like the different handling for the classes of cars, and the weapons work well (a lot of these games get bogged down with wonky ass weapons). Pretty polished overall. I like it...and there are FIBs!

Only downside is that I've yet to find a full lobby. Mostly just two or three people + bots.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you haven't got it yet: you have to use the speed pad, and then use the boost powerup, the blue one. Might take a couple of goes to land it. Inception helps, obviously!
Thanks a lot for the tip. 126/126 :D

Hey cjelly, if you want to XBL it up I could try and show you places with some difficult ones.

Just gave the demo a try and have to agree with you guys. It's really a lot of fun! Plain, simple fun. I'll give it another try in local MP and then decide whether I'll buy it or not.

To help give this game more legs for those that bought it and enjoy it, has (or is) anyone gonna put together a GAF group so we can all race with each other?

Adam J.

So glad MS allowed this game to escape the Kinect ghetto--I always knew there was a great game hidden beneath the wonky motion stuff.

Flux

Bought the game and played through all of the races without knowing how buying new cars worked. Now going thru and trying to collect all the parts and trophies.

Sydle

Really loving it so far -- it definitely gets challenging, requiring skill and knowledge of shortcuts.

I hope more people try this out.

Top Bottom