• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juggalo march on Washington September 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

lol

Apathy

Imagine if this had some impact. History books would have to refer to this. This could be something in history books your descendant read about the Juggalo March in school

Moon Mist was pretty legit. Even the diet variety. I used to drink it when I was a poor college student because it's $0.87 a 2 liter regularly, and sometimes cheaper.

Insane Clown Posse has a pretty good deal going on when you think about it. They don't have to rely on traditional record industry distribution anymore and the actual quality of their records is probably irreverent now.

creatchee

The comments in this thread are depressing. For as much as GAF preaches tolerance and acceptance, and about the importance of protest and free expression, those concepts only seem to apply when it's certain groups that are the topic of discussion.

People - human beings - who look a certain way and subscribe to a certain belief structure have been labeled by the government as part of a criminal organization and subject to prejudicial treatment by law enforcement. That's fucked up and should be fought against.

It doesn't matter if you think they dress like idiots because we're supposed to have the same rights no matter how we look - especially in comparison to the majority.

It doesn't matter if you think the music they like is shit because personal taste should never be a factor as to whether or not somebody is being oppressed or if their fight is just.

It doesn't matter that somebody else just marched, because if the strength of your message has a large dependence on being the only game in town, then you need a new message.

Now I understand that being a Juggalo is a choice unlike belonging to a lot of oppressed classes out there, but that doesn't mean that they aren't entitled to protest a perceived injustice against their group if they do so in a legal, organized, and peaceful manner.

I personally think Juggalos are silly, overly edgy, and have a bizarre idea of good entertainment, but if they want to protest the actions of the government against them, more power to them. Talking down on them makes us just as bad as the people who talk down on the causes we DO support.

The comments in this thread are depressing. For as much as GAF preaches tolerance and acceptance, and about the importance of protest and free expression, those concepts only seem to apply when it's certain groups that are the topic of discussion.

[...]

I personally think Juggalos are silly, overly edgy, and have a bizarre idea of good entertainment

You were saying?

thebeeks

Banned
To be 100% fair, this was announced at last year's Gathering back in the summer. They've been planning this for quite some time, regardless of who won the presidency.

(Note: Not a Juggalo, but I don't think they deserve the scorn the internet heaps onto them. Also go read Seven Days In Ohio)

bebop242

Omg if they somehow rebelled and took over the White House and led an American Revolution 2.0.

The forefathers of a New America. Thats too rich.

Ivan 3414

They have a right to protest and their classification as a gang is definitely not called for. Plus they seem pretty inclusive and the group certainly aren't pro-Trump even if they're mostly settled in red states.

I don't see why people are being dicks about this.

Moofers

The little blurb in the OP doesn't make any mention of politics or Trump, so I'm left to assume this march really is just about wanting to put a better reputation behind the word "juggalo"?

I mean come on guys/gals, stand for something other than "We're not a gang!". Show up at one of the important rallies being planned right now and represent your culture while also joining the larger resistance!

What's crazy is that personally the Juggalo's that went to my school were some of the nicest damn people I've ever met. I remember they freaked me out bad at first but I actually got on pretty friendly terms with a lot of them back then.

But yeah I'm sure there are some crazy ass ones. I do know that the Juggalo's I knew sure loved their drugs

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
From the full text on the site, it sounds like they're protesting being classified as a gang, which would make more sense too. Harassment and such.

edit here's a quote:

Honestly, those results if accurate are disturbing.

They like a shitty band. It doesn't make them al Clownda.

gfxtwin

ICP's music and fanbase are garbage, but the guys themselves are fucking hilarious in interviews. Look up any Loveline or Stern interview and you can't not laugh.

creatchee

You were saying?

Agreeing with somebody or liking the same things that they like has no bearing on their rights to exist or to do what they to do within the law.

It's kind of like the fact that you're an asshole. You have the right to be an asshole without oppression, whether or not I agree with your assholey nature, as long as you don't break the law with your asshole behavior. But you're still an asshole, and I'm within my rights to call you the asshole that you are. Hypothetically speaking.

heh i remember listening to ICP back in high school and giggling at the silly over-the-top lyrics.. back in 2000. this is 2017, and we have enough juggalos to have a march. what the fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom