• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juggalo march on Washington September 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablito

I don't get the reactions. Is there anything actually bad about this fanbase? I've only met one juggalo (that I'm aware of) and he was a nice and funny dude so I have no experience outside of that one guy.

Or is it people here poking fun at a group of people they don't like?

I don't think it's right they're classified as a gang, and support their march.

So based on what I'm reading, it seems like it's a harmless group of eccentrics. Am I missing something legitimately harmful they do to society? If not, more power to them, they have the right to march.

Bunch of stupid rural and suburban white kids co-opting legitimate protests because they have to feel super special too.

Idiots.

It's one more group of indignant people marching against Trump's administration.

Juggalos are...uh...eccentric, but Trump is a threat to all of us.

The more varied our coalition, the better.

I really think everyone should watch American Juggalo and American Juggalo 2. Sean Dunne's been pumping out some really great documentaries (he's got one on Trump Rallies and another on Oxycontin addiction in West Virginia) that focus on showing people as human beings while maintaining a really cool, atmospheric perspective. I've been showing his docs in my classes ever since I started teaching. I really didn't care/know much about Juggalos before I saw American Juggalo (I had only heard Miracles and another song that a friend showed me) but it definitely got me interested in the wider idea of how we see ourselves and other people.

deafmedal

So based on what I'm reading, it seems like it's a harmless group of eccentrics. Am I missing something legitimately harmful they do to society? If not, more power to them, they have the right to march.

*Their music is harming society hurt hurr* ;)

Hmmm, gives me a reason to go see the in-laws and maybe continue my adventures about the mall. Might be a good time, I imagine lots of lo's and 'lettes will think they can smoke in public and/or sell since it's 'legal' in D.C. ... That's not how it works, kids!

I've wanted to go to a gathering for years now. This year is the year I'm gonna start living!
Do it! Unless sarcasm, then YOU GOT ME!!!
I don't know if I'll ever go again but I have no ragrets the couple of times I went. Best was Charlie Murphy doin a stand up set, even passed him a joint, which he smoked on stage... good times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom