• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_n9g8kkQOom1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Sephzilla

I got that point and was being polite in saying you should try harder to enjoy it by not taking everything so seriously, but if wrasslin = Daniel Bryan to you, well, that's your problem, not any indication the product is bad.

He's had one big surgery and needs at least one or two more. If your wrassle hopes rely on Bryan wrestling and doing so healthily anytime soon, it'd unfortunately be best for you to come back sometime in 2015. Or enjoy Youtube videos.

With Punk leaving, Rock's return being kind of a bust, Sandow getting buried, and (until very recently) Ziggler being demoted to a jobber, Bryan was the last really interesting thing I saw in the product.

And even though Ambrose/Rollins has ended up being fairly entertaining (that was an oversight by me that I'll own up to), I still think the initial breakup of the Shield was done in a really stupid "Vince" way that makes no sense to anyone but Vince.

With Punk leaving, Rock's return being kind of a bust, Sandow getting buried, and (until very recently) Ziggler being demoted to a jobber, Bryan was the last really interesting thing I saw in the product.

And even though Ambrose/Rollins has ended up being fairly entertaining (that was an oversight by me that I'll own up to), I still think the initial breakup of the Shield was done in a really stupid "Vince" way that makes no sense to anyone but Vince.

- punk leaving was on punk. dude saved wrestlemania.

- Ziggler's on a bit of an upswing right now.

- Bryan's outlook as a champion was not looking good at all. He really was gonna be prepped up as Benoit 2.0 so in a weird way, i kinda like that he's stripped off the title, i don't know.

- Rock was nowhere near a bust, he was great business for them. Unless you were hating his crackhead stories. Fuck that noise.

- Ambrose really should be a bigger player though. You have three fucking hours ffs.

Guys, gotta be real. I'm pretty sure I'm done with WWE and probably wresting in general for a while.

I've only watched one episode of Raw since Bryan stopped being active. The two PPVs since then have been pretty mediocre. Nothing I've read about the recent Raws has even remotely gotten me interested in watching the show. I don't care now that Cena's champ. I don't care about the idea of Brock being champ. The Network's only bright spot is NXT. And I don't have time to try to get into NJPW or ROH. I'm really deflated because literally all of the momentum from WrestleMania 30 is dead and the program has reverted back to its most boring state possible. At least TNA is dying, so there's something faintly right in the wrestling world.

I've already been a part time GAFfer for a while. I'm debating bowing out for a while and making a Jericho style return later on in the year when the Rumble rolls around and Vince tries to pretend he cares again.

Really the only time to watch this show is from Royal Rumble until the night after Mania. The rest of the year is wheel spinning. This year could have been good with Lesnar vs Bryan at Summerslam, but there is nothing else coming up that will be interesting any time soon that I can see.

I got that point and was being polite in saying you should try harder to enjoy it by not taking everything so seriously, but if wrasslin = Daniel Bryan to you, well, that's your problem, not any indication the product is bad.

Regardless of his personal feelings, the product is currently bad though...

someone on reddit suggested that TNA should end with Vince waking up from an unusual dream and Russo lying next to to him telling him to go back to bed.

i support this.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

- Bryan's outlook as a champion was not looking good at all. He really was gonna be prepped up as Benoit 2.0 so in a weird way, i kinda like that he's stripped off the title, i don't know.

- Rock was nowhere near a bust, he was great business for them. Unless you were hating his crackhead stories. Fuck that noise.

- Ambrose really should be a bigger player though. You have three fucking hours ffs.

I support all of this! Revisionist historians are annoying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bully Ray @REALBully5150 · 2h
If you ever dreamed of being a pro wrestler and perform on shows like #rawhouston, the http://team3dacademy.com is the school for you!!
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 54 times54 FavoriteFavorited 94 times94
More

Oh but Bully, isn't there another wrestling promotion they would want to perform for!
VjWgTPM.png

Sent from Brie Bella's iPhone.

Bryan on being whipped on twitter by Yoko makes me a bigger Cena fan. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Vylash

Yeah, Rock was an absolute success from a business perspective, but in terms of content and entertainment value...yikes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not to interrupt the Raw chat, but you guys werent kidding about Day 2 of G1 not being that good, especially compared to day 1. Rainmaker vs Tensan was alright but thats about it. Ive only seen 3 matches so far tho to be fair

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Ok, Stephanie. You need to come up with a schating, lengthy promo where you recall all the history between the two of you. You need to be extremely convincing and generate a ton of heat. And Brief? You need to say YOU BETCH. Ok, go!'

'Roman and Triple H? Same thing'

Malajax

Alright, was I sitting next to anyone from WrassleGAF? I was sitting next to a group of smarks section 108 row 9. Had some fun chanting for Ziggler and spouting off JR quotes during the Orton-Reigns segment.

Was a pretty Ok Raw. Wish more happened, but I had a blast. Was going so nuts I nearly lost my voice.

Alright, was I sitting next to anyone from WrassleGAF? I was sitting next to a group of smarks section 108 row 9. Had some fun chanting for Ziggler and spouting off JR quotes during the Orton-Reigns segment.

Was a pretty Ok Raw. Wish more happened, but I had a blast. Was going so nuts I nearly lost my voice.
What did they do after the final segment?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

I was in Section 114 Row 7. It was a whole lot of fun, but I'm pretty sure if I saw this on TV, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. I got a kick of the Jamie Noble chants. We were chanting it in our row, and we busted out laughing when others in the stadium were chanting it too.

What did they do after the final segment?

Dark match between Dean Ambrose and Big Show vs Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins. It was a whole lot fun, and a great way to send the crowd happy. Shame that you guys didn't see it on TV.

Monster by Imagine Dragons popped up on Spotify radio right now.

brb crying

This was OUR SONG.
imagine dragons is the worst, bro
Hey friends. With all this frustration about Raw, I suggest you guys catch up on the G1. Still plenty of time to get involved in the fun.

I'm watching day 2 right now, actually! I'm halfway through and it's not been awesome so far. Day 1 was hard to top though.

Top Bottom