• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Aiii

So not worth it
It's sad to see the weight shaming of Chris Hero. It's obvious he has struggled with this issue his whole life. He has alluded to as much.

As a (almost former) fat guy, I would say sure. But when you make your profession one that requires you to be naked and fit, I think it's okay to comment on someone being super out of shape.

In wrestling you either need to go way over the top with it and become Rikishi or be muscular, that's your options.

As a (almost former) fat guy, I would say sure. But when you make your profession one that requires you to be naked and fit, I think it's okay to comment on someone being super out of shape.

In wrestling you either need to go way over the top with it and become Rikishi or be muscular, that's your options.

But CM 'Skinny Fat Ass' Punk!

Browny

Banned
*insert whynotboth.jpg and picture of Samoa Joe here*

In the big scheme of things, Hero didn't look too bad at NXT... they wanted him to buff up, and he didn't. He leaves, and suddenly starts putting it on round the stomach. Not a good look.

I'd still kill to look like he does now, I'm a skinny shit.

As a benchmark, Ambrose wasn't fat, but he wasn't cut by any means, and now he looks pretty good. If Hero had put the work in, we wouldn't be discussing it - we'd be wondering if he should be facing BNB in an elbow-fest.

Alucard

Banned
I've only watched the first and last segments of Raw so far, and if the stuff in the middle is equally good, I think it'll be a show I'll enjoy. Oh yeah, also saw Paige and AJ, which is finally interesting.

RBH

10554090_1450117158605425_11234721_n.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
OH NO SHE CALLED HER A RICH BITCH.

Like she does every week. I know I said this last week, but them diminishing returns, who even cares at this point?

Brie Bella still can't act, Bryan can't teach her that either. The next few weeks should be awesome. She does this thing where she raises her voice to emphasise words, but her entire expression remain blank and her voice monotone for everything, I dunno it's so unnatural. Also doesn't help that Stephanie is so amazing in contrast.

Other than the Bella's, I enjoyed every segment on Raw, well done WWE.

Recall

Chris Jericho vs Eddie Guerrero from Fall Brawl 1997 is one incredible match. Stumbled upon it randomly and was blown away. Such a crisp sharp contest.

OH NO SHE CALLED HER A RICH BITCH.

Like she does every week. I know I said this last week, but them diminishing returns, who even cares at this point?

Brie Bella still can't act, Bryan can't teach her that either. The next few weeks should be awesome. She does this thing where she raises her voice to emphasise words, but her entire expression remain blank and her voice monotone for everything, I dunno it's so unnatural. Also doesn't help that Stephanie is so amazing in contrast.

Other than the Bella's, I enjoyed every segment on Raw, well done WWE.

what worked last week was the brevity of it all. not as much was said other than being called a bitch, get slapped, get arrested. that was it.

actions speak louder than words and thats the direction they need for this angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Again? he was there years ago.

Yep, it's even on his Wiki:
Return to World Wrestling Entertainment (2010–present)[edit]
Prinze returned to World Wrestling Entertainment on October 1, 2010, in a role as producer and director.[19] On the November 1, 2010 episode of Monday Night RAW, Prinze made an on-screen appearance as Vince McMahon's doctor, a dream sequence scene that coincided with Linda McMahon's attempt to win a seat in the Senate for the state of Connecticut.[20][21]

Alucard

Banned
Wait, you guys didn't like the Steph and Brie confrontation? I'm...what? Thought it was good and it got me excited to see them lock horns at Summerslam. I wonder if they'll add a stip to their match.

Aiii

So not worth it
I liked the Steph parts, I just don't give a shit about Brie Bella, so I'm sure that's why I didn't like it.

Vylash

Wait, you guys didn't like the Steph and Brie confrontation? I'm...what? Thought it was good and it got me excited to see them lock horns at Summerslam. I wonder if they'll add a stip to their match.
It was good, but Brie's delivery is super stiff, forced, and awkward, people are really only into this because they wanna see someone beat up Steph, which is fine but i just think this is a one sided feud

Ithil

I would suggest a "two people wrestle the match for us" stipulation like Vince/Trump at WM 23.

Aiii

So not worth it
It was good, but Brie's delivery is super stiff, forced, and awkward, people are really only into this because they wanna see someone beat up Steph, which is fine but i just think this is a one sided feud

The other thing that makes it hard to get excited for the angle is that I don't expect the match to be good at all. Steph hasn't wrestled in a very long time and even though I'm sure Brie has been getting better thanks to Bryan helping her out, she definitely won't be able to carry a match.

This entire storyline might have been better (I hate myself for saying this, given the acting capabilities of these two being just as awful, but:) with Natalya and Tyson. Natalya can carry anyone to a great match.
Maybe not Eva.
Or Rosa.
Probably just the middle to good workers on the roster, but Steph, even with staleness is a decent worker.

Hasney

Looking at the new updates on the LOLTNA wiki and:

In a scumbag move, those in the TNA office reportedly told indie promoters to wait until Monday to book TNA talent, as "they'd likely be cheaper" then.

Is there a source for this? Because if true, that's just fucking terrible.

Hasney

Not true. Thats not coming from Dixie.

I dunno. I won't believe it until there's a source on it at least, but that thing above and Xema Ion being asked to delete a tweet about his kickstarter on Twitter because TNA wouldn't pay for it because it made them look bad means I wouldn't put it past them.

I think if Chris Hero stuck around, Alexa would've been an inspiration for him. She was hospitalized because of weight and eating disorders, then channeled her strength into athletic achievement and body building. Now her outer beauty shines as bright as her inner beauty. So inspirational.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are Brie's acting skills worse than Eva Marie's wrestling skills?

Sophie's fucking choice right here.

-edit: At least Eva has the excuse of being a rookie, The Bella's consider themselves to be the locker room leaders with tons of experience (as per their shoot interviews)

Hasney

Just skimming through the LOL WWE section

Over time, it was clear that Steiner needed to be a heel, as he was still delivering many lines which were not like what you'd hear out of a face wrestler, including:
I'M THE GREATEST SON OF A BITCH YOU EVER MET as he made Chris Nowinski tap out to the Steiner Recliner.
What, you wanna suck my dick? to a diva interfering a tag team match
No, your mother sucks! Your mother sucks! to a fan.

The greatest face of all the times.

jred2k

Hasney

So that booking game was getting annoying since you have to play every match and it doesn't track anything, so you need a separate spreadsheet to play. Playing the career one and I bought some C4 for my ring entrance and throw it for some pyro. It doesn't always go off though, so it takes a few and I blew up the ref. He became my enemy and always slow counts, so I moved to Japan.

Joined The Shield for a week after beating them. Hit Seth Rollins with a sword accidentally and he turned on me. I've also been responsible for 2 in ring deaths and been fired as the booker challenged me to win a title, then didn't give me a title shot.

Alucard

Banned
So that booking game was getting annoying since you have to play every match and it doesn't track anything, so you need a separate spreadsheet to play. Playing the career one and I bought some C4 for my ring entrance and throw it for some pyro. It doesn't always go off though, so it takes a few and I blew up the ref. He became my enemy and always slow counts, so I moved to Japan.

Joined The Shield for a week after beating them. Hit Seth Rollins with a sword accidentally and he turned on me. I've also been responsible for 2 in ring deaths and been fired as the booker challenged me to win a title, then didn't give me a title shot.

What in fresh hell are you even talking about here, Hasney?

Hasney

haha that sounds awesome. I'd watch.

It's called Wrestling Revolution, it's free on Android with ads and the engine is a bit shit, but it's so mad that it gets addictive. When in was in the American fed, Vince had a match against me and cut a promo about how he may be the booker, but he can wrestle so he likes to test talent. It was a steel cage, barbwire C4 death match and I actually tried to kill him to see what happened. I only broke his neck though, even after winning with a pistol whip which made him go through pane glass and my finisher through a flaming motorbike stacked on a table stacked on a ladder stacked on steel steps.

Think I'm not getting title shots as my backstage attitude percentage is low due to me having creative control and turning down all attempts to repackage me.

Cagey

Banned

Stop murdering people breh, wrasslin's fake.

Top Bottom