• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Preview for PWG - ELEVEN;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMS6-gYVbm4

Watch this, friends.

*edit, there's a Roderick Strong promo at the end. You've been forewarned.

Goddamn Candice;

Candice.gif

Chuckie fucking T ain't got time for Gargano's bullshit;

Chuck.gif

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Hey friends. With all this frustration about Raw, I suggest you guys catch up on the G1. Still plenty of time to get involved in the fun.

Day 4 HHHHNNNGGGG I still need to catch up on the second half of day 5.

spoilers

Honma finally getting a win would probably be my mark out moment of the year. Would have loved to have seen him end Benjamin's streak.

Mr. Luchador said:
I like Chuck Taylor, but I can never see past him being a 'goofy' character, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to take him seriously.

For me, it helps that his finisher looks absolutely brutal - also, he's done a real good job of protecting it. Not sure I've ever seen someone kick out of an Awful Waffle.

steen.gif

I like this move

Me too, Trevor Lee is a lot of fun, but I can easily see that becoming the next overused move on the indies.

Tonight's RAW must be really bad if friend bean didn't even bother making an excuse for not giving us his delayed thoughts on it.

I decided to leave Raw on in the background while grinding in Dragon Warrior II for Game Boy, that I played on my front-lit display GBA SP that I haven't touched in 5+ years. Now how you like DEM APPLES, BronsonLee?!

Hiroshi Hase vs Takashi Iizuka - G1 Climax Block B - (NJPW 1994/08/06)

Such a fun little match. I love early-Iizuka, because he's about as far removed as it's possible to be from the modern day version of Iizuka; an uncontrollable psychotic bald bastard who chokes people, beats up commentators and hits people with his 'iron finger from hell'. 1994 Iizuka is all about that amateur wrestling and for the first eight minutes or so we get to see him trade holds with the goddamn masterful Hase, before Hiroshi brings out the big guns to try and put Iizuka away. All it takes it one mistake, though, and the rookie's in control. Beautiful chicken wing towards the end and a good finishing stretch.

For me, it helps that his finisher looks absolutely brutal - also, he's done a real good job of protecting it. Not sure I've ever seen someone kick out of an Awful Waffle.

In fairness to him, I haven't seen much of his stuff outside of CHIKARA and some PWG. Those aren't really the best promotions to judge someone on for being 'serious'!

Browny

Banned
Threads like these is why I never like to visit gaming side, ever: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860764

ITT: People complaining about a feature being added that people requested to be added, because adding stuff people have requested is now a bad thing.
TIL: People still give a shit about 3D, for some reason.

I couldn't get passed the first page... so people complaining about a new feature being added? Exactly how cheap are Blu-Ray players nowadays?

In other news, Raw sounded good... but I must make a concerted effort to catch up on G1 (in between doing a small amount of work).

Aiii

So not worth it
I've only managed to find the time for the first 2 hours of the first day of G1, I need 8 more hours in the day, I'm behind on fucking everything.

G1 is a great idea, but it's just too much to keep up with on my schedule atm. :/

All Japan T V (March 2, 1985)

If you've ever wanted to watch Bruiser Brody and Japanese 80s commercials, this is for you.

Just watched this episode last week, the Ishin Gundan vs Jumbo and the lads 6-man tag is a ton of fun, the crowd were going nuts for that entire storyline - the March 8th episode has another good Brody tag match, a bit better than the one here, plus the debut of the Road Warriors after two months of those vignettes hyping them up. Unfortunately, Brody jumped ship (for like the fifth time) to New Japan the month after, so we had to wait until '88 for the Jumbo vs Brody pay-off they were teasing, when Jumbo finally got his first championship pinfall victory over Bruiser.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything about Brody's entrance makes me want to fight the person next to me. The entrance itself, the song, the buildup, everything. It's like that Dave Chappelle white people music thing with John Mayer.

PInk Tape

Banned
Why are they so angry in that thread?

It's just wanting something else on PS4 patched (stability mostly) instead of the 3D Blu Ray movie patch that Sony is giving them.

I get that it's important but they don't have to get mad and look childish about it. It's just a game system and you can wait because they're probably working on it *shrugs*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This guy has a lot of AJPW stuff on his youtube. I was gonna go looking for Hulk Hogan stuff today, but now I'm considering watching AJPW stuff.

It's just wanting something else on PS4 patched (stability mostly) instead of the 3D Blu Ray movie patch that Sony is giving them.

I get that it's important but they don't have to get mad and look childish about it. It's just a game system and you can wait because they're probably working on it *shrugs*

How odd. I can't say I've noticed the PS4 crashing that much at all outside of Battlefield 4. How strange to complain about new features.

Aiii

So not worth it
How odd. I can't say I've noticed the PS4 crashing that much at all outside of Battlefield 4. How strange to complain about new features.

Me either tbh, I did have a crash during UFC once, and my Netflix app resumed to the loading screen once while still continuing playback of the Bob's Burgers app I was watching, but that's minor stuff. Other than that it's been pretty much flawless. *shrug*

The issue for me is that updates are very slow coming, there's very little advance announcement of said updates and there's TON of far more requested features than 3D BluRay which have yet to be addressed. I used my PS3 as my main media player, but without movie playback, mp3 playback, USB HDD support and DLNA, that's impossible on the PS4. I want to pack my PS3 away for good, but still have it sitting there taking up space.

PInk Tape

Banned

I haven't had any issues with Infamous, apps, or anything. I honestly think it's kind of cool that it can play 3D movies now even though I'm not a huge 3D fan.

Fake edit: Fair point Bootaaay.

The issue for me is that updates are very slow coming, there's very little advance announcement of said updates and there's TON of far more requested features than 3D BluRay which have yet to be addressed. I used my PS3 as my main media player, but without movie playback, mp3 playback, USB HDD support and DLNA, that's impossible on the PS4. I want to pack my PS3 away for good, but still have it sitting there taking up space.

Ah, well now you mention it I still use my PS3 as a media centre.

Recall

It's the exact same update time frame as the PS3. It took 18 months for that console to get all its features, so people just have to wait a little longer I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
I never used the PS3 for a media center. Media centers are like 30 bucks nowadays and play all media formats out of the box so I've never seen the point of using my PS3 which could only play a handful of formats anyways.

I have a Chromecast now, best 30 bucks I ever spend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like Bischoff in the brand wars thing, but I'm watching WCW, and I really don't think he added a single thing to NWO. All they needed to do was say, 'hey the boss is on our side.' He didn't need to be in promos, he didn't need to be managing Hogan. Just made Hogan look worse, and it made himself look worse. I guess he was supposed to be a stooge, but NWO had a million stooges, and the guy who runs the company being a 'stooge' is pretty idiotic booking. Fuck off with your promos and your motorcycles and your karate.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys, I think I lamped the wrong copy of Raw, in mine the Uso's aren't facing the The Wyatts, but Miz and Rybaxel instead, was there a feed issue last night or is this just my copy?

Watched some lucha, Virus vs Stigma. I'm not great at picking lucha matches apparently, this wasn't terribly good. Some nice spots, but some sloppy ones as well and, as per usual, I found the first two falls to be pretty dull and meaningless.

Lol;

Virus.gif

That dive, though;

Stigma.gif

Jamie OD

Finally recovered from the long weekend. The Dragon Gate UK shows were great but I probably had the most fun at Progress. That show brings in a crazy crowd and I could see how PWG and even Chikara influences it. The tag title match between FSU and the London Riots was my favourite match but the rookie 3 way of all things is a close second. That was where it reminded me of Chikara. Three green wrestlers with wacky gimmicks in front of a supportive crowd resulting in everybody in the building all wanting to have fun. Credit goes to the co-founder/ring announcer Jim Smallman for convincing everyone to treat the new guys as they would the regulars and also for creating a positive atmosphere for the whole night.

The THUNDERBASTARD rumble match was cool although it fell apart when one of the wrestlers concussed himself. I heard it was the second concussion he suffered this month so in hindsight he shouldn't have wrestled so soon. The match gimmick itself should stick around since a lot of entrances are over in Progress. It gets pretty crazy when you have someone like Marty Scurll going hyper to Pretty Fly For A White Guy in front of that crowd.

Best moment of the night was when Mad Man Manson was put in a hold and yelled he doesn't know how to counter wrestling moves. The crowd then chanted "Press R2" at him. Also kind of funny yet unfortunate that the end featured a lot of promotion for British Bootcamp 2 then 6 hours later the TNA Spike news breaks out.

Could TNA potentially survive on a UK TV deal alone?

If they scaled back and only used UK Indie talent... maybe? But then why not showcase an actual British Indie Promotion? There's several out there that would love a TV deal or some sort, such as Preston City Wrestling or This Is.

It's sad to see the weight shaming of Chris Hero. It's obvious he has struggled with this issue his whole life. He has alluded to as much.

Goddam. I want to put Alexa Bliss in a small package.

Top Bottom