• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

KissVibes

Banned
Maybe they just rebook Extreme Rules 2012 and Cena does the same fucking weird promo at the end (because he's "out of it") and Brock hits an F5 and Rollins cashes it in?

--

I mean fuck, if it isn't Reigns vs Triple H at SS. Maybe they rebook WM31 too.

Triple H vs Reigns for a stab at the title later in the show.

Rollins vs Royal Rumble winning (and anti-authority) Randy Orton.

Reigns wins both matches, celebrates with dying children while doing his YES! chant.

Didn't they cut both Bryan matches out of the NBC broadcast? Maybe that's why. Maybe they want people to forget about Bryan and his WM31 so they can do it with Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do think we need to keep an eye on Rollins this Summerslam. I can see Brock barely squeaking by, a cash-in and then have Brock destroy everything going after Rollins, the champion, who is playing a cowardly heel and desperately trying to hang on.

Well, maybe not, but that'd be a fun turn.

KissVibes

Banned
Yeah, but building feuds for 6 months with only one guy there every week is not good for the product.

I think it's better for the product than the Champion being there every night.

Think about it. Lesnar is on an entire level above everyone else in the fiction. HE ENDED THE STREAK. HE DID THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Him showing up every second RAW to remind people of his power while guys fight to prove they're worthy of facing BROCK LESNAR would be fantastic booking. It's like playing Mortal Kombat. Who's gonna make it up the death pole to fight the beast himself and save Earth realm?

Hopefully they at least tease Cesaro being able to get to that level. I REALLY wanted the Cesaro vs Brock match Davey Meltz said was happening months ago. Fucking liar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those curious about the name of Shinsuke Nakamura's finisher's name, Boma Ye:

"Boma Ye is the name of Shinsuke Nakamura’s finisher, which is when he pretty much runs at someone and knees the shit out of their head.

Bomaye is also Lingali for “KILL HIM”, it’s associated with Muhammad Ali’s fight against George Foreman back in ‘74, and the crowd was pretty much 100% in Ali’s corner, and they would chant “Ali Bomaye!” which of course means, “Ali, kill him.”

It’s an appropriate name because the Boma Ye basically turns people into dead people."

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Speaking of Cesaro, it took me a while, but I finally figured out why his heel run with Heyman wasn't working. It's his move set.

Cesaro is running with a strong-man move set, but ramped up because he really is just THAT strong. No one wants to boo a strong guy, especially when he makes it look effortless.

THAT is why he got a giant swing over in 2014. It's not that he does the move, it's that he does the move to guys like Kali and still looks un-phased.

Heel

Well I fucked my guess up considering I thought the 6mo subs were up. No wonder everyone was shooting high.

I assumed post-6mo they'd be under 400k, easy. But without that, well...I'm thinking 800k. With a huge dropoff coming.

Are they planning the international rollout before they announce their 3rd quarter results? That's the only way I see them softening the blow of U.S. non-renewals.

Vinny Mac about to be facing some Iwata-san Heat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are they planning the international rollout before they announce their 3rd quarter results? That's the only way I see them softening the blow of U.S. non-renewals.

Vinny Mac about to be facing some Iwata-san Heat.

I'd imagine so. They mentioned in the UK that it'll be ready either right before or after Summerslam, so I'd assume a general Tier-1 (haw haw) rollout

strobogo

Banned
For those curious about the name of Shinsuke Nakamura's finisher's name, Boma Ye:

"Boma Ye is the name of Shinsuke Nakamura’s finisher, which is when he pretty much runs at someone and knees the shit out of their head.

Bomaye is also Lingali for “KILL HIM”, it’s associated with Muhammad Ali’s fight against George Foreman back in ‘74, and the crowd was pretty much 100% in Ali’s corner, and they would chant “Ali Bomaye!” which of course means, “Ali, kill him.”

It’s an appropriate name because the Boma Ye basically turns people into dead people."

I figured it was probably more of a tribute to Inoki Bombaye, but I'll agree with that assessment.

Cagey

Banned
Speaking of Cesaro, it took me a while, but I finally figured out why his heel run with Heyman wasn't working. It's his move set.

Cesaro is running with a strong-man move set, but ramped up because he really is just THAT strong. No one wants to boo a strong guy, especially when he makes it look effortless.

THAT is why he got a giant swing over in 2014. It's not that he does the move, it's that he does the move to guys like Kali and still looks un-phased.

That's an interesting read on the situation.

There was a match a few months ago where the smarks were smarking the Sheamus/Cena/Big E team in a six-man match, booing everything they did, then Big E busts out a triple backbreaker lunge move holding Luke Harper and the crowd finally shut up and cheered because that is some Boss Shit.

Xater

You just now figured it out? People have been saying for months that he should be a face with his move set. They hade the perfect opportunity after WM but fucked it up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also any big guy who can successfully convince you that he is clattering his opponent will eventually get over, it's wrestling face turns 101.

Bork got face reactions when he was supposed to be this monster heel because he was straight bodying fools and you can't help but cheer when a dude is throwing out belly to bellies and German suplexes on Big Show like it ain't no thing but a chicken wing.

Text book example right there.

Also anyone on a winning streak will eventually get over as well. It's human conditioning. It does only work the first time though which is why Cena could go 200-0 and still get the mixed reactions he gets.

strobogo

Banned
Bork got face reactions when he was supposed to be this monster heel because he was straight bodying fools and you can't help but cheer when a dude is throwing out belly to bellies and German suplexes on Big Show like it ain't no thing but a chicken wing.

somedevil

Didn't know New Japan sells Gedo and Toru Yano hand puppets:

BtfeJQ1CYAAO_HB.png

Is that Yano puppet giving the finger?

I don't like Aj's attitude since she came back, she seems like a stuck up brat. Her what ever looks are wearing thin on me. Paige on the other hand.

peach i could eat a peach for hours.

KissVibes

Banned
Why the fuck would CM Punk do an interview in some shitty backroom of a warehouse with smartmark banners in the background when he could probably get AOL and Ariel Helwani to pay him hella dollars if he really wanted to do some shooting again?

jmdajr

Punk is one of those dudes where people will listen to him talk about anything.

It will be podcast 100 and folks will be like..

"When is Punk going to talk about wrestling! Oh well..maybe next week."

It will all be one big troll to answer hate mail every week.

Sorry mang, only people who care about being relevant anymore are 6th graders and Johnny Manziel (a mental 6th grader)

#PunkGOAT #PunkHOF #LetHimGo

It won't be long before CM Punk is only relevant at wrestling conventions. He'd be a fool not to make a return to the ring.

I would argue about the money he saved and his appearances at the music awards and the Nerdist at SDCC that he's doing fine.

Two things:

Sober Shoot Nash is the best

Last I heard from Vergil, he was selling his memorabilia at a New York subway station. Is this true?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was too busy today, only watched 1 day 2 match, AJ Style vs that fat blonde dude, I assume he's some sort of comedy / joke guy in NJPW? Anyway match was pretty bad, AJ tried his best I guess

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brendan Alverazz reports that the final night of TNA iMPACT wrestling will including a shocking main event: Dixie Carter versus Vic/Venom/Mr. Wrestling III/Born Again Vince Russo/Vince Russo/The Power that Was Handicap Dixieland Match.

Heel

Sorry mang, only people who care about being relevant anymore are 6th graders and Johnny Manziel (a mental 6th grader)

#PunkGOAT #PunkHOF #LetHimGo

Not having a conversation abut his ability to score popularity points. His relevancy equates to his ability to make a living. He's on a fast track to taking bumps in his 50's at a legends show in Poughkeepsie.

"DO THE PIPE BOMB THING!", they'll say.

Punk is one of those dudes where people will listen to him talk about anything.

It will be podcast 100 and folks will be like..

"When is Punk going to talk about wrestling! Oh well..maybe next week."

It will all be one big troll to answer hate mail every week.

Shit I am ok with that. I'd listen. It'll be better than 95% of all the other wrestler podcasts that are out.

I can just imagine Punk's podcast...

"I'm sick of these douchebags online who talk shit about me but don't say it to my face because they don't have the balls to, they just have gaping vaginas. Anyway, I'm a feminist and have a tattoo to verify"

Top Bottom