• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

TL21xx

Banned
775k or bust!

I know my guesstimate is on the high side, but I'm pretty sure that the concern is that with the potential SummerSlam drop off incoming, this is the highest they can get number-wise until going international.

woodshopdvd.jpg

Ugh, the people on this poster are lit from different angles and are inconsistent in size. It's like an indy wrestling show.

jmdajr

I don't know why I keep thinking Summerslam is 6 months after mania. Obviously it's not but in my mind I see it that way.

Anyhow, what PPV do we actually reach the 6 months at? If Summerslam can get some folks, maybe numbers won't plunge that hard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the legit shook shirt that didn't make the show?

not unless you wear a youth small tank top. but no. I did talk to her though, she said she was there but they vetoed the shirt and made her wear "party gear" - but I haven't seen the beginning of Rose's entrance, I only saw the end and did not see her. ugh ugh

EDIT: oh AND guess what
she left it there :(

cold fucking blooded

I don't know why I keep thinking Summerslam is 6 months after mania. Obviously it's not but in my mind I see it that way.

Anyhow, what PPV do we actually reach the 6 months at? If Summerslam can get some folks, maybe numbers won't plunge that hard.

Day after Summerslam, subs started at EC (the day after), not Mania.

not unless you wear a youth small tank top. but no. I did talk to her though, she said she was there but they vetoed the shirt and made her wear "party gear" - but I haven't seen the beginning of Rose's entrance, I only saw the end and did not see her. ugh ugh

EDIT: oh AND guess what
she left it there :(

cold fucking blooded

Rose bud fucks.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

6 months post Mania is actually Night of Champions.

Brock will HAVE to be there, since the whole gimmick is that every title has to be defended.

Edit: Just occurred to me, is making Brock Champion actually more of a move for short term network success than it is for long-term RomanWinsLOL?

Browny

Banned
I've gone highly optimistic... The lure of Reigns and Cena leading the New New Generation has to be worth something.

Right?

*sobs in the corner*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I fucked my guess up considering I thought the 6mo subs were up. No wonder everyone was shooting high.

I assumed post-6mo they'd be under 400k, easy. But without that, well...I'm thinking 800k. With a huge dropoff coming.

Sephzilla

6 months post Mania is actually Night of Champions.

Brock will HAVE to be there, since the whole gimmick is that every title has to be defended.

Edit: Just occurred to me, is making Brock Champion actually more of a move for short term network success than it is for long-term RomanWinsLOL?

It doesn't matter.

Brock aint winning.

Anth0ny

I was expecting less than 750k.

It's going to be a disaster for them either way. They won't even hit 800k by the end of the year, let alone 1 million.

kiguel182

Do we know if Brock signed any contract extension?

I mean, how can he win the title and then barely show up until Mania?

The Rock did it but it was for like 3 months and he was there half the time.

I guessed 800k. Figure I'll at least have the high guess if wrong. I have auto renew set to off and got some emails already so I think they're bracing for a drop. I really like the Network but I'm probably going to let my sub lapse in hopes of getting a gift card offer for WWE 2K15.

Doesn't he have something like 20 dates left between now and Mania? That seems like enough for whatever they want to do with him. His next one is Aug. 11.

somedevil

He is contracted up to WrestleMania. He supposedly has 20 dates left but they could always pay him more for more dates if they want.

Also, where is it confirmed that the network number is 760,000?

Zach

I guessed 800k. Figure I'll at least have the high guess if wrong. I have auto renew set to off and got some emails already so I think they're bracing for a drop. I really like the Network but I'm probably going to let my sub lapse in hopes of getting a gift card offer for WWE 2K15.

That's a pretty good idea actually... but I'm so lazy.

KissVibes

Banned
Seeing on Tumblr that people are saying Randy Orton should be fired for making Reigns look bad intentionally and he has heat with Vince about it.

What's this about?

Edit: Dirtsheets said so...? What?

kiguel182

Doesn't he have something like 20 dates left between now and Mania? That seems like enough for whatever they want to do with him. His next one is Aug. 11.

He is contracted up to WrestleMania. He supposedly has 20 dates left but they could always pay him more for more dates if they want.

Also, where is it confirmed that the network number is 760,000?

But those 20 dates do not include PPVs right? Or do they?

Still, 20 dates for 6 months aren't that good I think.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder if Brock and Taker got blamed for having boring ass matches with Cena in 2003. Or maybe Cena was just boring as fuck in 2003 on offense. I still think Roman is better now than Cena was at the same point. He at least has SOMETHING exciting to do in matches at some point.

somedevil

Raw Viewership 7/22

8pm: 4.391
9pm: 4.511
10pm: 4.051

Avg: 4.318

Down 115,000 from last week but up 563,000 from last year. That third hour drop is weird. Guess Brie vs Stephanie is not close out the show worthy or everyone was pissed when Orton beat up Reigns and left.

They are still doing much better compared to last year in viewership since June.

edit: Can someone tell where this 760,000 comes from because everyone is taking it likes the true number?

That number isn't anything exciting. It shows some growth but not what WWE expects.

The really interesting number is after summerslam to see how many of that intial 660k actually renew. Although we will have to wait awhile to get that number and may never hear the actual number if it is really bad.

I guessed 725k so I definitely didn't win

jred2k

I wonder if Brock and Taker got blamed for having boring ass matches with Cena in 2003. Or maybe Cena was just boring as fuck in 2003 on offense. I still think Roman is better now than Cena was at the same point. He at least has SOMETHING exciting to do in matches at some point.

Roman needs to do some work on his "I can't believe that was only 2" face.

Top Bottom