• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Man God

Non-Canon Member
iIf5myir6sOgp.gif

I have ALL THE NUMBERS! Gotham City will pay dearly for them!

Alucard

Banned
At least Omega's having fun doing what he loves. He must just laugh every night at all the cool nerdy video game shit he gets to do in wrestling.

R-Truth beat Bo Dallas by disqualification when Bo wouldn't break at the 5 count. Bo beat Truth down after the bell and cut a promo.

lmao
another loss in the bo column

somedevil

Cesaro unfortunately is not on the summerslam card it appears. Right now its looking like this:

Brock vs Cena
Jericho vs Bray
Reigns vs Orton
Ambrose vs Rollins
Stephanie vs Brie
Paige vs AJ
Rusev vs Swagger
Ziggler vs Miz
Tag title match that's a possible 4 way

edit:
All that is left is if Sheamus has a match but it seems the card is full

I would just like to point out that FallingEdge is a boss of all bosses

Also my birthday is in a week. I expect a royal feast in my name.

And cupcakes. Especially cupcakes

AJ Lee squashes Rosa Mendes by submission. Paige attacks AJ at the top of the ramp and lays her out. Officials check on AJ as Paige skips away.

Kane and Seth Rollins beat Dean Ambrose by DQ when Ambrose hit Kane with a steel chair. Rollins runs away as Ambrose hits Kane a few more times

So much for that Bryan booking.

We see AJ Lee being taken away on a stretcher with a neck brace on.

Oh, there it is.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B

Messy, yet consistently entertaining.

Man, 1994 hasn't been so bad, guys. I think it's the calm before the suck storm, though. Schiavone and co. mentioned Hogan a few times during Spring Stampede, so yeeeaaah. And honestly, how long can the Nasty Boys be involved in matches that I find somewhat enjoyable?

strobogo

Banned
SS94 if the last good WCW PPV for at least 2 years. Bash at the Beach is okay, but is heading down fast. 1995 is awful for both companies.

KissVibes

Banned
I love how apparent it's been that Bryan was totally booked in such a way as an attempt for him not to get over for the longest time. Like damn, at this point you can't do any mental gymnastics to call it a slow burn.

a. I'm buying the fuck out of that DVD
b. I love how in every Dusty Rhodes story, Dusty refers to himself as The American Dream

Because he is.

In The Avengers, Powers Boothe plays one of the heads of whoever the fuck S.H.I.E.L.D. answers to. I like to think that he's reprising his role from MacGruber. In fact, I'd love to see MacGruber join The Avengers.

And accidentally blow them up with C4 in the back of his van.

Cesaro unfortunately is not on the summerslam card it appears. Right now its looking like this:

Brock vs Cena
Jericho vs Bray
Reigns vs Orton
Ambrose vs Rollins
Stephanie vs Brie
Paige vs AJ
Rusev vs Swagger
Ziggler vs Miz
Tag title match that's a possible 4 way

edit:
All that is left is if Sheamus has a match but it seems the card is full
Shit ton of 1 v 1s. We need some stipulations

gurudyne

I love how apparent it's been that Bryan was totally booked in such a way as an attempt for him not to get over for the longest time. Like damn, at this point you can't do any mental gymnastics to call it a slow burn.

Or it was panicky minute-by-minute booking of a guy they rarely fully believed in and they repeatedly pulled the plug/plugged the plug back in based on which way the wind was blowing/what the tarot cards said/how powerfully Vince's nipples were vibrating. I don't think it was malice or even proactive suppression, just repeated knee jerk stupidity in the face of talent they didn't know how to book as a main eventer.

In The Avengers, Powers Boothe plays one of the heads of whoever the fuck S.H.I.E.L.D. answers to. I like to think that he's reprising his role from MacGruber.

The truth is more complicated. Originally born Cy Tolliver, his character is an immortal (or very long lived), dimension hopping entity who's spent his life building power up in a variety of alternate Americas as a black ops shadow financier (Avengers), Vice President Noah Daniels and US Senator Rourke.

Cesaro is getting Ziggler'd

:(

Speaking of Ziggler:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio with The Miz on commentary is next. Miz interrupts the match by standing on the announce table and mocks Ziggler. Ziggler goes after him but Miz gets away. Del Rio takes advantage and hits the cross armbreaker on Ziggler for the win.

The truth is more complicated. Originally born Cy Tolliver, his character is an immortal (or very long lived), dimension hopping entity who's spent his life building power up in a variety of alternate Americas as a black ops shadow financier (Avengers), Vice President Noah Daniels and US Senator Rourke.

I also like this fucking interpretation.

gurudyne

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio with The Miz on commentary is next. Miz interrupts the match by standing on the announce table and mocks Ziggler. Ziggler goes after him but Miz gets away. Del Rio takes advantage and hits the cross armbreaker on Ziggler for the win.

This finish happens so often, it's time they played with it.

--Rival A comes out to do commentary for the match, gets jumped by Rival B before he makes it to the chair, spends the whole match unconscious.
--Or Heel Rival commentates but doesn't interfere in the match, non-rival heel opponent loses the match to Face Rival, goes to Heel Rival and asks "What the hell?", starts interfering in Heel Rival's matches.

Man, 1994 hasn't been so bad, guys. I think it's the calm before the suck storm, though. Schiavone and co. mentioned Hogan a few times during Spring Stampede, so yeeeaaah. And honestly, how long can the Nasty Boys be involved in matches that I find somewhat enjoyable?

Every time I see this post, I slowly scroll down to see what the first A-, A, or A+ will be. What do you think is the main reason there's been no As so far? Are you a harsh grader? Bad pacing? Bad work rate?

Heel

I bet Bray ghost writes Jericho's next album

(laughs)

What ever...happened to you, Jericho? The weight of the world has crushed your shoulders. Why do you do what you do? Sister Abigail says greed lives in the eye of the beholder.

The...ice, in your veins...makes you strong. The...hole in your soul tearing onward. You're breaking your back everyday. The sin and bones lead you astray, Jericho.

http://youtu.be/23tVe5PiZq0?t=4m49s

strobogo

Banned
I bet the closest thing to an A will be Summerslam 2002. Even WM17 had a lot of down time and dumb shit for being "the best show ever".

1994 WCW before Hogan comes in is pretty good. However, then Hogan and his buddies come in and ruin the place.

Top Bottom