• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys know what's great about Paige vs. AJ so far?

1. It's not two women fighting over one or more men.
2. It's not a catfight, but actual people throwing other people into barricades and stuff.
3. It's a feud that's solely about one person wanting the title the other person had.

Basically, this is the exact women's feud many people have been begging for for all the years the divas division was just pretty ladies that got thrown together randomly for 3-minute title matches on PPV's because they had to have a women's match on there. It's being booked as if it were a men's match.

I am shocked.

Probably why Taker was so happy to give it to Brock. He saw this in his future at Mania 32 in Texas and thought fuck that.
0.jpg

I'm glad Brock broke the Streak as well. No one wants Cena adding that to his resume.

2. It's not a catfight, but actual people throwing other people into barricades and stuff.
3. It's a feud that's solely about one person wanting the title the other person had.

Basically, this is the exact women's feud many people have been begging for for all the years the divas division was just pretty ladies that got thrown together randomly for 3-minute title matches on PPV's because they had to have a women's match on there. It's being booked as if it were a men's match.

I am shocked.

Yep. It's actually being treated as a legitimate feud. It's nice to see. The talent is there in the company, so it is nice to see them take more of an interest in telling multiple stories with the women, even if they aren't all great. I can't remember the last time there were four concurrent Diva angles happening at the same time (Brie-Steph, Naomi-Cameron, Summer-Layla, Paige-AJ).

Dragon Gate have put up two iPPVs for pre-order, 8/5 Scandal Gate for $15 and 8/17 Dangerous Gate for $25;

http://www.ustream.tv/dragongate

No complete card for either show, but here's the matches announced for 8/5;

. YAMATO & Punch Tominaga vs. Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi
. T-Hawk & Eita vs. Masato Yoshino & Uhaa Nation
. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: BxB Hulk (c) vs. Naruki Doi

Anth0ny

Listening to Sting on JR's podcast.

I'm 33 mins in and Sting has not shown up, but I've been sold 45 different products.

but first we need to take a moment to say thanks to our sponsors

they're the good folks who allow us to bring this show to you

Colt's the only one who's found the right balance between interviewing and shilling, getting that shit out of the way within the first few minutes - it's just a pity he's kind of annoying as an interviewer. The JR interview was brutal, what a boring, dismissive, grumpy-ass old fuck.

That's cool. As long as you're not one of those "No way it can be betta because nostalgia and I hate new things" G-Fex types.

Nah I'm willing to give new things a chance. I don't have cable though, and I'm trying to get my bank account back into the triple digits before I get back into Netflix.

Aiii

So not worth it
Colt's the only one who's found the right balance between interviewing and shilling, getting that shit out of the way within the first few minutes - it's just a pity he's kind of annoying as an interviewer. The JR interview was brutal, what a boring, dismissive, grumpy-ass old fuck.

The problem is that Colt is the only one that does shilling of his own. The others have to do the shilling they're given by Podcast One.

The wrestler podcasts are very popular, so I get why they sell a crazy amount of ads on those. I'd prefer if it was more like radio though, just air some commercials in between the podcast instead of having the guy doing the cast promote the stupid F2P iPhone hunting games.

Jamie OD

Er... today's Irish Daily Mirror has a small article saying Sheamus could be playing Darth Vader in the new Star Wars. He's in Ireland this week and apparently visited Skelling Michael island, where it's been rumoured the Star Wars crew are currently filming. The Darth Vader rumour is just based on Sheamus wearing the Vader costume for promotional work before he signed with WWE. Still, wasn't expecting to find that in the paper this morning.

Aiii

So not worth it
Er... today's Irish Daily Mirror has a small article saying Sheamus could be playing Darth Vader in the new Star Wars. He's in Ireland this week and apparently visited Skelling Michael island, where it's been rumoured the Star Wars crew are currently filming. The Darth Vader rumour is just based on Sheamus wearing the Vader costume for promotional work before he signed with WWE. Still, wasn't expecting to find that in the paper this morning.

Somebody should tell the Daily Mirror that Darth Vader kinda sorta died at the end of Episode 6.

Razorskin

----- ------

Now picture Vader lines delivered in Sheamus' voice.

I am shocked.
Hahaha nope.

Brie vs Stephanie is better than fucking AJ Lee vs Paige. Since Brie and Stephanie actually have some talent.

Top Bottom