• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

DiscoJon

Banned
Dean Malenko is that motherfucker, friends. No question about it.

dean_malenko.jpg

That was some of the best pure wrestling period. Wwe has never had anything quite like that. That cruiserweight division was always entertaining and had a lot of guys that could go.

Hasney

dramatic-malenko-reveal-o.gif

I still kind of hate the finish to this match (Malenko in costume tells Juvi to eliminate himself from the battle royal so he could get in Jericho) but the reveal was still ace and the crowd loves it.

vis98.jpg

That motherfucker

Like every other actor they play a "public persona" that is just as much bullshit as a wrestling character. Their public personae are usually their stage/wrestling names so to use a birth name infers a personal relationship that doesn't actually exist no matter how much some thirsty loser fan wants it to.

Henry Winkler plays a public persona called "Henry Winkler", not the Fonz so I dunno why it would bother him.

Thomas Mapother plays a public persona called "Tom Cruise" and insists that he is referred to as such in media appearances, takes it as a slight when he is called otherwise.

Same goes for Vin Diesel, Nic Cage, Charlie/Martin Sheen, etc.

My potential future tag

Aiii

So not worth it
This week’s Scott Hall story revolved around an incident this past week, when many of the biggest names in the business, including Ric Flair, Bill Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Bret Hart and Edge, were in Phoenix for an autograph convention. They were asked to sign a giant birthday card for six-year-old Danny Nickerson of Boston, who is battling terminal was battling cancer and may not have much time left to live. Everyone there, and there were far more names than just the ones mentioned, including but not limited to Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Angelina Love, Lita, Sean Waltman, Maria Kanellis, Lisa Marie Varon, Taryn Terrell and Brooke Tessmacher, not only signed, but went on camera to give personalized wishes. Goldberg, in particular, who was clearly choked up, spoke at length to him and told him to call him at any time if he wanted to talk. Hall refused to sign the card. The reaction from a number of people in the last few days was not just how incomprehensible it was, but that in Hall’s case, it’s even worse because he made top dollar in wrestling during a boom period, blew his money on drugs, then got fans to pay for a number of surgeries including a hip replacement in a fund raiser, and then he pulled this. Goldberg had real problems with Hall to begin with, but if you know Goldberg when it comes to children battling health issues or having problems, I don’t even want to think about how he’d feel about Hall now.

Hall finding new ways to be a dick for no reason every day.

Hasney

Wrestlefest is always up there. Konami side scrolling fighters and Sunset Riders, KOF 98, Metal Slug, Windjammers, Donkey Kong... Fuck, I can't pick one.

Remember seeing Royal Rumble on holiday before it was out on Dreamcast. Man I was so bummed out that it was basically Smackdown 2.

Alucard

Banned
Welcome to the Thursday edition of Wrasslin' with Breakfast. Today's morning munch:

-bowl of multi-grain Cheerios with raspberries, blueberries, and milk
-cup of coffee with milk

How'd you dudes start off your day?

Hasney

Welcome to the Thursday edition of Wrasslin' with Breakfast. Today's morning munch:

-cup of coffee with milk

Coffee avec milk

Eating a large lunch though and going out tonight, so I'll be paying for today regardless.

Browny

Banned

-cup of coffee with milk

Bran flakes - fibre and slow-burn. I should try throwing in fruit, but it'll go mushy. I don't do mushy.

Best games I played at arcades=Tekken 3,Metal Slug,Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Snow Bros.

Oooooh Tekken... I got my ass handed to me so many times on this.

-cup of coffee with milk

Coffee and a bacon and egg sandwich...

I really need to start working out once my commute isn't a 3/4 hour round trip.

Top Bottom