• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

DMczaf

He didn't even wear tights. He wore black dad jeans.

tumblr_n4vibwj7131rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

1995 is the best.

As noted, WWE will hold an earnings call and announce the latest WWE Network subscriber count in the morning. We will have full coverage here on the site.

Regarding the Network number, anything over 1 million will be somewhat of a positive. Anything below 900,000 would be a negative.

PAA Research's Bradley Safalow, one of the leading researchers when it comes to WWE, has predicted 750,000 to 850,000. He is also projecting just 800,000 on December 31st for the end of the year. Safalow projects that eventually WWE will reach 4 to 5 million subscribers.

We've noted that if WWE gets there, even if it takes a few years, they will be in the best financial position ever.

This isn't as sexy as our doom and gloom discussions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They are going to blow the roof off at WM XXXI with subscriptions as long as they get the channel in all major markets at around the same price (and you know, get the attitude era RAWS up by then, a doable goal if they keep at their current pace.) All they need is a decent attraction like Brock versus Rock.

jred2k

I admire strobogo's dedication to the craft. Even in the middle of an existential crisis he manages to give the match result.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ishii vs Kojima was my favorite match of G1 day 2, that delayed superplex (im sorry, brainbuster) was sick

also Ishii is my hero, is that ok?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kiss my Foot had some truly great RAW/Superstars segments with King involved. The match, like just about everything with Lawler and Bret, sucked ass. Two just didn't have any chemistry, just like Stu and Helen, hah ha!

Cagey

Banned
So when did you guys figure out something funny was up in professional wrestling? Pre-internet.

hulk-hogan-yokozuna.jpg

That was probably where the illusion shattered for me.

I remember a couple things I thought were really stupid as a kid:
- Undertaker in a coffin match gets put into the coffin but somehow appears on the jumbotron.
- Shawn Michaels doing that front flip into the turnbuckle if he was thrown too hard. I remember thinking "wait if you run really fast you do a front flip? that doesn't happen."

Mengetsu

Listened to both. He talks about how happy he is married now, told the marathon poop story and the other is about him shopping with his wife and buying a Grimlock Transformer and how he couldn't transform it at home. No wrestling talk and I expect none for a really long time on whatever he's on.

Edit: He does talk about withdrawal with wrestling and how he's taking his time getting used to it.

Anth0ny

WWE doesn't even have 4-5 million fans, let alone people willing to pay for their network

I don't see it ever going over 2 million even with the worldwide rollout, and even that is optimistic.

alstein

Larry Z and Brain always put him over big despite Stro saying Larry never puts anyone over
dsacccfax25.gif

That's one thing I wish happened more- one nice thing about WCW announcing was different folks had their favorites and would put over different guys. It was most blatant/nice when Stevie Ray and Konnan were color guys and had their ethnic biases.

JBL does a bit of this- putting over some folks you wouldn't expect, and showing his just dislike for some guys even if they're heels. I like that.

And that move and Malenko's rotating belly-to-back suplex are two of my all time favorites ever. If I ever did pro wrestling- I would so be cribbing from Malenko's moveset as much as possible. So so good and he did it perfectly. One of my all-time favorites.

Top Bottom