• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Ithil

I wish they'd pushed Rybaxel as the Bulk & Skull tag team they are in their few promo segments. Could have made for some amusing skits or vignettes.

They need more vignettes in general for wrestlers and teams.

Smackdown

* SmackDown opens with a recap of the segment with Triple H, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman on RAW.

* Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. The Usos is up first. The Usos get the win after Axel gets pinned. It appeared Ryback was upset after the match and walked away, leaving Axel alone in the ring.

* MizTV is next. The Miz comes out and it turns into an Intercontinental Title acceptance speech. His parents are in the crowd and he asks his mom who her favorite Superstar is. She says Roman Reigns to a big pop. Miz goes on bragging until Bo Dallas interrupts to another big pop. They both compliment each other until Dolph Ziggler comes out. Ziggler cuts a promo but Bo interrupts him and tells him to Bo-lieve. Bo then decks Ziggler with a mic.

* Bo Dallas vs. Dolph Ziggler with The Miz on commentary is next. Ziggler hit a Fameasser at one point but Bo kicked out. The Miz distracted Dolph from ringside, allowing Bo to get the win with a roll-up. The Miz then attacks Dolph until Bo joins in and they double team him.

* Backstage promo with Roman Reigns and Renee Young. Reigns took shots at Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio.

* Cesaro vs. Dean Ambrose in a No DQ match is next. Ambrose brings in a bunch of steel chairs. They brawled with kendo sticks and chairs throughout the match. This was described as a very "ECW-esque" match. Seth Rollins came out and attacked Ambrose. Ambrose gets the upperhand and throws Rollins through the timekeeper area. Ambrose comes back in but Cesaro hits a superplex on top of a pile of chairs. Cesaro goes for the pin but Ambrose counters with a roll-up for the win. Rollins comes in and beats Ambrose down after the match.

* They sell the beatdown by having medics come out and check on Ambrose. They help Ambrose out of the ring and he gets a big pop going up the ramp.

* We get promos for the AJ Lee vs. Paige feud and for John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

* Paige vs. Naomi is next. Paige comes out and skips like AJ Lee to mock her. Cameron comes down to watch the match from ringside. Paige wins by submission and after the match, Cameron comes in to attack Naomi.

* Backstage segment with Goldust and Stardust.

* Bray Wyatt defeated R-Truth. A chant for Chris Jericho broke out during the match. Wyatt cut a promo after the match and took shots at Jericho.

* They aired more promos for the SummerSlam main event.

* Alberto Del Rio vs. Roman Reigns is next. Del Rio gets no love from Florida fans. Reigns gets the win with a spear. SmackDown ends with Reigns celebrating.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I use PS3 a lot and the funny thing is it always goes to shit during PPVs, Main Event and during the free trial weeks but is rock solid other times. The first PPV to work out ok was Battleground and that might have to do with starting it an hour late.

PC and Ipad have no problems during major events. Ipad's player is the worst though.

somedevil

Wow the big show has gotten himself into shape. I think this is the best he has looked since coming to the WWE:

jb14Ybr8qbDosS.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Nah, he was in better shape when he debuted in 99.

*checks SD ending* oh, holy shit. AGAIN?!?!

Dude was fat and way way out of shape when he debuted in 1999.

Hard to believe that a show would end with the top face on the show celebrating a win. You would have HATED the 80s when shows ended with Hulk promos/music/celebrating even if he had a match to open the show or lost his match by count out/dq.

somedevil

wtf Stro they never ended episodes of Raw or Smackdown in the 80s with Hulk Hogan celebrating, don't bullshit us

Reigns ended smackdown last week beaten up by Orton. Reigns is not close to Hogan levels. If a WrestleMania ends with Bryan losing to Brock then Reigns comes out to comfort him. Then beats Brock with Superman punch and spear right after he has reached that level.

Reigns ended smackdown last week beaten up by Orton. Reigns is not close to Hogan levels. If a WrestleMania ends with Bryan losing to Brock then Reigns comes out to comfort him. Then beats Brock with Superman punch and spear right after he has reached that level.
You joke but...

Cagey

Banned
If #dirtsheetz had written the plan for Wrestlemania 31 was, say, a Lesnar/Rock/Cena triple threat for the title, you wonder if people would still be so butthurt that Roman Reigns is made to look strong right now.

Dat Meltzerz effect.

KUEDhdZl.jpg

Again, this was a dark match, so no spoiler.

Also lol Ryder vs Fandango where Ryder finally got a win isn't on the Hulu version of Raw. Like it never happened.

Nope, just a few matches here and there (but New Japan often copyright claim against the Finals themselves, which is irritating) - there are a few sets available for specific years out there, however. I have one for '95 that I got from IVPvideos, iirc.

gotcha, well then I will check that out, thanks

Recall

Common theme:
Lose one match = jobber
Win two matches in a row = big push
Win more than 3 matches in a row = "stop forcing him on us"

Reigns been on top for 6-12 months is fine for I, he will just get eaten up by the eventual
Cena feud and the whole thing will be for nothing anyway.

Common theme:
Lose one match = jobber
Win two matches in a row = big push
Win more than 3 matches in a row = "stop forcing him on us"

Reigns been on top for 6-12 months is fine for I, he will just get eaten up by the eventual
Cena feud and the whole thing will be for nothing anyway.

Actually, it's win more than three matches while never having main evented a Ring of Honor show and/or been previously "buried" by Creative = "being pushed down our throats."

Showaddy

Wait, so according to those Smackdown spoilers...

Bo Dallas is now officially a face?

WTF?

Feels like they're just on the fence with him, I mean he was clearly face against Sandow on RAW but he did just
take out Ziggler on Smackdown

jred2k

This didn't get much love earlier, check it out friends;

I'm late to quote this, but I felt compelled to go back to this post and watch. I'd like to know people's opinions on this, though.

At what point does wrestling stop being wrestling and become full on performance art? It feels weird to draw some arbitrary line of fake-ness, but this really plays more as a play/collection of skits. I really don't know. Shit is just weird.

jred2k

Hercules looks bad. And not in the so over the top it's good sort of way.I guess that is to be expected with Ratner.

He went from wearing no wolf head to wearing it, and the back to not wearing it just in the short clip that aired on Fallon.

Top Bottom