• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

No thx. Maybe if you actually paid me $100. Hard to believe that used to be this:

6a0147e06e7f13970b017d3c33d033970c-pi

Anth0ny

The problem is that TV production costs are expensive out the ass. Hell, Smackdown probably costs half a million per episode to produce, Raw being live is twice that. For a company trying to keep costs DOWN, that's an expense that WWE really can't afford right now.

Not to mention the house show circuit is typically the same card on repeat over and over (and often features matches that will later be on PPV) and it gets rather repetitive and not very cost effective.

I do agree with the idea of televising the MSG shows (like MSG network did in the old days) though.

Where is the expense coming from, though? I honestly don't know. The house shows are already lit pretty well. They're shot pretty well just from personal experience and looking at the titantron while being at a house show (obviously less cameras rolling than a Raw or a Smackdown, but I don't think they really need more cameras. It's good enough.) They'd have to put announcers in there... but besides that, where are the costs coming from? It would be far less expensive that Smackdown, at least in my head.

Lets be honest, Raw/Smackdown/PPVs are typically the same card on repeat over and over. They have no problem with doing a best of 5000 between Sheamus and Del Rio. Obviously for the select house shows they choose to broadcast they wouldn't feature matches that are going to be on a PPV.

Main Event is on the Network, no? If they can do Main Event every week, they can do one or two house shows a month.

Ric Flair

Banned
So exactly how much WCW is on the network? When you guys say you are watching whole years do you just mean the PPV's?

I haven't used the app in about a month, but pretty much just ppv's for WCW and I think 1-2 full years of RAW episodes from the very early 90s and a few scattered mid nineties episodes

Aiii

So not worth it
You know shit's bad for Cesaro when Ambrose is getting a win over him. Damn son.

I know but I thought Cesaro trying to align himself with Triple H was them righting the course but I guess he's just enhancement till he's not.

Sometimes I just can't.

I can't.

There is nothing wrong with losing that match. Jesus christ, it's a fucking Smackdown match against a top guy, it has absolutely NO IMPACT on ANYTHING.

Shit is bad. Jeezus.

If you're going to bring in the out of ring stuff then no question, you'd have to go with them or other despicable individuals, no problem.

I've been entertained by the Harris Bros before in a couple of their matches while I've never found joy in a single Nasty Boys match, even when they get clattered by someone.

Have you watched Nasty's vs Jack & Sullivan or Jack & Maxx Payne during WCW '94?

Kharma would be pretty great to toss into the mix with the current crop of super thin divas.

You totally couldn't make a believable match where she could realistically lose but it would be something different.

It's nice watching Bork as a genuine good guy from time to time in this Jimmy Fallon interview.

and stay until the end where he reverses a rear naked choke from Fallon with the GREATEST OF EASE. I swear Fallon must've shat himself when it happened no matter how scripted it was.

Main event stuff
Big E and Kofi Kingston defeated Heath Slater and Titus O’Neil. Xavior Woods was in the corner of Big E and Kofi. Towards the end of the match, Big E got a hot tag and hit a backbreaker on Titus. He then held Titus down, allowing Kofi to hit him with a double foot stomp off the top rope. Woods then instructs them to do the same thing to Titus, which they do. Big E stacked Titus and Slater on top of each other and pinned them both at the same time.

i look forward for Titus O Neil to be
the new Ahmed Johnson in this whole NoD 2.0 thing they're doing.

kiguel182

It's nice watching Bork as a genuine good guy from time to time in this Jimmy Fallon interview.

and stay until the end where he reverses a rear naked choke from Fallon with the GREATEST OF EASE. I swear Fallon must've shat himself when it happened no matter how scripted it was.

Main event stuff

i look forward for Titus O Neil to be
the new Ahmed Johnson in this whole NoD 2.0 thing they're doing.

Loved that interview. Brock was really nice guy, and in the end really showed tons of showmanship.

It's a shame he doesn't like being on the road because he has tons to give to the product. More than just being Heyman's "monster".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Loved that interview. Brock was really nice guy, and in the end really showed tons of showmanship.

It's a shame he doesn't like being on the road because he has tons to give to the product. More than just being Heyman's "monster".

Brock not being a regular is one of the few things WWE does right right now. It brings back the 'special attraction' element that I feel like hasn't been around since the territories days. It makes it a big fucking deal when Brock shows up.

Browny

Banned
It's a role that Cena should slot himself into, for the good of the product (once the "new" main event is solidified) - he's a good name, and it would probably make people appreciate him more.

kiguel182

Brock not being a regular is one of the few things WWE does right right now. It brings back the 'special attraction' element that I feel like hasn't been around since the territories days. It makes it a big fucking deal when Brock shows up.

That would be better if there was enough good talent to fill the rest of the show when he is not there.

His appearances also end up feeling the same each time he re-appears. He is looking menacing and Heyman cuts a promo. If he was there every week maybe we could see different sides of him and he does have more to show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
His appearances also end up feeling the same each time he re-appears. He is looking menacing and Heyman cuts a promo.

We don't need to see other sides of him. That's why he works best on a part-time schedule. He's the Ruby Weapon, he works as the big roadblock that can be top of the food chain whenever he decides he wants to show up.

JavyOO7

I think less is more. If it was a perfect world, creative would make sure the same talent is not on TV every single week. I'm pretty sure when Hogan was on top back in the day you hardly saw him on television except for him pushing local promos when the WWE was having their house shows. Even if Cena wins every time, at least seeing him once a month instead of 4 - 5 times a month would be more bearable, for example.

kiguel182

We don't need to see other sides of him. That's why he works best on a part-time schedule. He's the Ruby Weapon, he works as the big roadblock that can be top of the food chain whenever he decides he wants to show up.

For me that's Cena. Lesnar's track record doesn't convey that.

Cena on the other hand is the guy that, if you beat clean, it's a big achievement.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you are saying and I think it's a great idea. But that's not what I feel when I see Lesnar back.

imBask

Banned
For me that's Cena. Lesnar's track record doesn't convey that.

Cena on the other hand is the guy that, if you beat clean, it's a big achievement.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you are saying and I think it's a great idea. But that's not what I feel when I see Lesnar back.

in current kayfabe Lesnar's only track record is "beating the biggest streak of all time", everything else never happened

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys. Guys. Guys.

We need to get real here for a second.

Here are some FACTS for you.
1. John Cena never faced the Undertaker.
You know John Cena was supposed to be Taker's final opponent and they were just holding off until Cena could break the streak.

2. Taker broke down too soon and Vince chose to drop the streak before it was too late against Brock.
Because it was either have someone beat the streak or not break it at all and this way...

3. Cena will beat Brock (again, mind you) so he can be the guy that beat the streak (conquerer). Retcon complete, greatest wrestler of all time!
It only makes sense, stop being hyped so you don't have to throw a fit when Brock loses at SummerSlam.

Top Bottom