• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Heel Cena:

2Gjt79b.gif

My mum found an old poster of Sting today and asked me if I wanted it.

It had that stupid late redesigned WCW logo and Sting was in his jacket, shiny pants with no shirt look.

I still marked out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sting, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Rick Rude, Larry Zbyszko, Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton)
WCW World Championship Wrestling • February 22, 1992

Easily the best Wargames match I've seen. It's not even close.

EDIT: Wait a minute...that's not the one I watched, I watched the one on Wrestlewar 1992 which was similar but had Austin and Koloff as well.

Sting's Squadron (Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Ricky Steamboat & Sting) VS The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Beautiful Bobby, Larry Zbyszko, Rick Rude & Steve Austin) (w/Madusa & Paul E. Dangerously)

That match is great. Austin sells like a motherfucker during it.

OK. Wrasslin'GAF here’s my story:
I’ve been under a lot of stress lately finding a new job. Been trying to pay it cool around friends and family not to worry them but inside I’ve been a mess. My current job is gone in like a week and while I’ve been getting hits on my resume frequently but somewhere between the phone interview and in-person something has been off on my end. Well, I got called-in last week and did (what I felt) was a great interview only to find out it was 1 of 2 at the end. I was worried it was fluke and was stressing this second interview. In the end, I challenged my inner Miz and acted all confident and shit. Today I found out I got the job. Not a dream job but much needed to get that dream job.

Huge relief. I can now watch wrestling without feeling like a bum.

Also, I swear, the new puppy is acting like he’s Cena with how much he’s running the place. He’s convinced the other Shiba to like him more than me.

All and all the week has been great. Been keeping up on the DDP Yoga and working out and doing my first Warrior Dash this Sunday! Slowly I'm seeing the results :)

Sorry for the rumbles.

Zach

Austin in 1991-mid 1994 is probably the best Austin. At least equal to REAL ASS Stone Cold.

Oh, most def. I prefer Stunning to Stone Cold. He was amazing. Stone Cold had some great moments, of course, but it was more sizzle than steak later on.

Vylash

I’ve been under a lot of stress lately finding a new job. Been trying to pay it cool around friends and family not to worry them but inside I’ve been a mess. My current job is gone in like a week and while I’ve been getting hits on my resume frequently but somewhere between the phone interview and in-person something has been off on my end. Well, I got called-in last week and did (what I felt) was a great interview only to find out it was 1 of 2 at the end. I was worried it was fluke and was stressing this second interview. In the end, I challenged my inner Miz and acted all confident and shit. Today I found out I got the job. Not a dream job but much needed to get that dream job.

Also, I swear, the new puppy is acting like he’s Cena with how much he’s running the place. He’s convinced the other Shiba to like him more than me.

All and all the week has been great. Been keeping up on the DDP Yoga and working out and doing my first Warrior Dash this Sunday! Slowly I'm seeing the results :)

Sorry for the rumbles.

Good for you, friend. The power of The Miz is a true inspiration to us all

Sorry for the rumbles.

Good for you man

Zach

Stro, have I missed that ridiculous Orndorff elbow or whatever that you giffed? You know the one. He's all doing some hilarious dance. I'm currently watching Pretty Wonderful vs. Scorpio/Bagwell for a second time (Clash 26) and I realized I kind of zone out from time to time during Orndorff matches.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, have I missed that ridiculous Orndorff elbow or whatever that you giffed? You know the one. He's all doing some hilarious dance. I'm currently watching Pretty Wonderful vs. Scorpio/Bagwell for a second time (Clash 26) and I realized I kind of zone out from time to time during Orndorff matches.

It's from one of the shows in 1994. It's a Buff/Patriot match, not Scorpio. Has to be either in January or November.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sorry for the rumbles.

Good shit. Every step forward brah

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
7f5jLjA.jpg

Also:
SXnxXcq.jpg

If you look closely, it appears Mojo Rawley has a serious drinking problem.

strobogo

Banned
It's from the November Clash of Champions...XXIX I think.

Oh, lawd. I forgot all about Stars 'n' Stripes. That was their tag name, right? Or am I making that up? Either way, thanks. I'll keep an eye out.

*fist-bump*

November seems accurate since the gifs right before that on my page are from Halloween Havoc 1994.

7f5jLjA.jpg

Also:
SXnxXcq.jpg

If you look closely, it appears Mojo Rawley has a serious drinking problem.

Strojo Rawley, amirite

BHZ Mayor

Not counting actual careers or the shows themselves, is there any singular element in WWE that has lasted as long as "What" chants? Other than the streak? I'm sure there are kids in the audience today chanting "what" that weren't even born or old enough to remember when Stone Cold started doing it.

Not counting actual careers or the shows themselves, is there any singular element in WWE that has lasted as long as "What" chants? Other than the streak? I'm sure there are kids in the audience today chanting "what" that weren't even born or old enough to remember when Stone Cold started doing it.
The Flair woo chop? Can't think of anything else.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've only got 1991 left for WCW, so five more PPVs.

Then I'm going to take a break, recharge the batteries before starting with Wrestlemania 1. Will also fit in SNME and early RAW.

Going to try and do all the way up to the brand reunification.

Then I'm going back and doing the NWA JCP shows and Clash of Champions.

When Nitro comes along, I'll start watching those as well.

gurudyne

"Kenta Sushi. A man who owns a sushi bar who moonlights as a sports entertainer. Damn I'm a genius."

Five Moves of Doom:

Sushi Roll Up (California Roll Up for the all American face run)
Kyoto Crab (modified Boston Crab where a Japanese guy does it)
Karate Chop(sticks)
Sake Splash
Go to Sreep

Sorry for the rumbles.

Congrats man I'm in the same exact situation. I hope I get the job.

Top Bottom