• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Cagey

Banned
btw that WWE Transformed shit is a toy line. And I'm ok with that. I don't buy action figures so why would I have an issue?

Depends if your favorite WWE Transformed action figure is getting a proper push in the aisles of Walmart.

You going to tolerate the obvious burial of WWE Transformed Dolph Ziggler?

C'mon vince tap into your inner gaming side and get outraged anyway for people who would potentially be upset about this but wouldn't really care actually.

"THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Depends if your favorite WWE Transformed action figure is getting a proper push in the aisles of Walmart.

You going to tolerate the obvious burial of WWE Transformed Dolph Ziggler?

#WWETRANSFORMED

Dolph Ziggler x Honeybee
Undertaker x Spikes
Big E x Tub of Whey
AJ Lee x Skeleton

btw that WWE Transformed shit is a toy line. And I'm ok with that. I don't buy action figures so why would I have an issue?

i still want WWE to sign a deal with Hot Toys and give us men with disposable income the dolls we want. Give me Bret, Macho, Austin, Punk, Bryan hell even friend Cena!

b4pNEB0.jpg

I probably still have a few Jakks Pacific WWE action figures in one of my old toy chests. If I get the time, I'll take pictures. Some people are missing limbs, hahaha.

BHZ Mayor

You are eating way too fucking much for breakfast. Throw all that shit away and focus on lunch. Drink coffee if you must.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is horseshit. Look into Intermittent Fasting, I bet it'd help you a lot.

This. Especially since depending on how you do it, Intermittent Fasting can basically be a fancy way of saying skip breakfast. Just make sure you stay hydrated. Water, water, water.

Hasney

If you're looking into just cutting weight and not gaining muscle or owt, this lost me 56 lbs pretty quickly, even including a heavy drinking sessions 1 or 2 times a month. You just have to remember that you don't just do a diet to get to your target weight and then go "ace, back to old habits then!", it does have to take over. You can just afford yourself an extra cheat day if you must.

Breakfast:
640745c0b9a1db061b6ca71f97c346e2.jpg

Lunch: Pot of cottage cheese and an avacado

Dinner: 3 egg omelette or scrambled with a lean meat and some low-carb vegetable (mushroom, spinach and peppers are my go tos).

Combined this with the 100 pushup workout as it was quick and easy, as well as an hours walk to and from work.

I did it with my housemate at the time and since they had a sweet tooth, they once made a cinnamon & vanilla omelette to stave the craving and holy shit, that thing is delicious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This. Especially since depending on how you do it, Intermittent Fasting can basically be a fancy way of saying skip breakfast. Just make sure you stay hydrated. Water, water, water.

Yep! I was on the verge of it anyhow because I don't eat before bed anymore really. So I've got my 7-8 hours of sleep which is a whole first leg of it, then work and actually working during the next few hours. I make it to lunch, gorge like shit, then add a little snack before it's too late and I'm there, brother.

Alucard

Banned
You are eating way too fucking much for breakfast. Throw all that shit away and focus on lunch. Drink coffee if you must.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is horseshit. Look into Intermittent Fasting, I bet it'd help you a lot.

I feel like shit if I don't eat anything, though. Shouldn't I have something just to get my digestive system going? Maybe just switch to a banana and a bottle of water? Or just a bowl of cereal? Or a banana with yogurt for dipping?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like shit if I don't eat anything, though. Shouldn't I have something just to get my digestive system going? Maybe just switch to a banana and a bottle of water? Or just a bowl of cereal? Or a banana with yogurt for dipping?

Your digestive system is "going" whether you eat or not, it doesn't stop. Cereal not even once. Dipping a banana in yogurt? How much do you love sugar breh? Let it go, let it go!

if you can, I would try it. Try not eating and see if it works for you, there is a bit of an adjustment period.

BHZ Mayor

This is also horseshit. Your body isn't a car that just stops running when you go to bed.

Cagey

Banned
Intermittent fasting is a gimmick.

Meaning that it's one of several ways to reduce calorie intake throughout the day and develop a sustainable diet for losing weight.

Putting aside the physical, if you're the type who can mentally endure long stretches without eating food, it's probably a good plan for you. If you're not, then you're gonna have a bad time.

jmdajr

A healthy breakfast is not bad for you.

bjork

I probably still have a few Jakks Pacific WWE action figures in one of my old toy chests. If I get the time, I'll take pictures. Some people are missing limbs, hahaha.

I for sure still have some. Mostly from the classic superstars line. I don't know that I own any Mattel figures aside from the first AJ? I'll go dig for some of mine after I eat this pizza.

BHZ Mayor

Intermittent fasting is a gimmick.

Meaning that it's one of several ways to reduce calorie intake throughout the day and develop a sustainable diet for losing weight.

Putting aside the physical, if you're the type who can mentally endure long stretches without eating food, it's probably a good plan for you. If you're not, then you're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, it's not for everyone, but I'd still recommend it because it basically just amounts to skipping breakfast and eating normally for lunch and dinner. If you try it and you absolutely have to have something, I'd recommend a protein shake. Chocolate whey protein powder was invented by God himself. Basically protein-filled Nesquik.
ve5fNRV.png

Hasney

I love all food which was my main problem. "I'd diet but I like eating" was my reason for not doing it, but when you break it down, all the greatest things can be had while dieting anyway. That steak dinner with all trimmings? Cut the trimmings down, you don't need a baked potato on the side, just stick to steamed veg.

The only thing I noticed I really had to do to enjoy food is make some of my own condiments. I love American mustard, peppercorn sauce, a bowl of chilli without the rice.... But the store-bought stuff always has too much sugar in it. It doesn't even need it. Sometimes a drizzle of olive oil is all that's needed to stop something from being dry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a reminder of what happens if you eat breakfast like a fatass:
BkXMxTM.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I'll try just switching to a banana and bottle of water tomorrow to see how it goes. Bananas are pretty filling.

I eat around 630 and then not again until 1130.

jmdajr

There was study that said supposedly fasting helps all the "bad"cells in your body die to make room for new regenerative "healthy" cells. So instead of letting crap DNA hang on for dear life, you give them the big boot.

There is still a lot more research to be done though/

The lack of mental toughness in this thread worries me friends. In order to achieve your goal, you have to perservere! Post a poc of the wrestler body you want to achieve and visualize and never lose sight!

jmdajr

I weighed 158 this morning. I'm 5'8". I eat breakfast every morning.

Now if that breakfast is multiple chick fil a biscuits everyday, it's not going to go well for you.

Cagey

Banned
The lack of mental toughness in this thread worries me friends. In order to achieve your goal, you have to perservere! Post a poc of the wrestler body you want to achieve and visualize and never lose sight!

I'm not getting to Big E Boss Hoss status by skipping all-you-can-dominate breakfast at IHOP, breh.

Real talk though if I last 8 more weeks on this cutting diet it will be a minor miracle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Also, do your research so what you think is a good and healthy change is actually good and healthy. In my youth I wasted a lot of my time thinking bullshit would help.

jmdajr

I regret working out with heavy weights since my joints, particularity my shoulders, are all jacked. Maybe it was bad form, maybe I was trying to do too much, but it wasn't worth it. Yoga helped me deal with a lot of those issues. That I do need to do again. It felt good.
I'd be more careful if I could do it all over again.

jmdajr

Diets don't work. I don't want to diet. I want to have a sustainable eating schedule and lifestyle.

Pick everything healthy from each food group. Vegetables and Fruit is pretty much a have at it unless you are one of those people that only eats stuff in your back yard.

Meat wise anything that isn't processed (no hot dogs etc.) is fine for the most part even though there is still a connection between cancer and red meat. Until that is totally disproven I'm not gonna eat a lot of it.

Carbs get a bad wrap but whole grains have minerals, fiber and all kinds of good stuff. I actually can't stand the refined carbs anymore. Not interesting enough. I love beans!

Fats? Stay away from transfat. That for sure is going to kill your ass. So no muffins/donuts and all that garbage.

Dairy? I drink milk, eat yogurt. Some folks think dairy is the devil but I don't buy it. If it gives you the runs, don't consume it.

And just don't eat so god damn much and stop drinking pure sugar.

At 5'6 I went from 170 to 130lbs by sticking to the following:

Breakfast - Porridge/oatmeal with some fruit

Lunch - Wholegrain sandwich/slice of toast with egg/fish & salad filling

Dinner - Lean chicken/turkey/fish with two types of veg

Drinks - Water all day with the occasional fruit juice/glass of milk

I also started running and doing sets of push-ups & sit-ups before meals. I think things become pretty easy once you get into routine and if you pair it with some fitness goals you the whole process feels really fulfilling. At the start of the year I couldn't jog for 4 minutes without nearly collapsing, now I'm able to go for 50 minute runs knowing that I could go even further if I wanted to.

I'm not getting to Big E Boss Hoss status by skipping all-you-can-dominate breakfast at IHOP, breh.

Real talk though if I last 8 more weeks on this cutting diet it will be a minor miracle.

That is true. Depends on your goals. Eat up!

It is all good bro. I'm still stuck in Vegas mode. Need to hit up the gym and start eating right next week.

I regret working out with heavy weights since my joints, particularity my shoulders, are all jacked. Maybe it was bad form, maybe I was trying to do too much, but it wasn't worth it. Yoga helped me deal with a lot of those issues. That I do need to do again. It felt good.
I'd be more careful if I could do it all over again.

That sucks. My guess would be form as shoulders are a tricky thing.

C'mon guys, let's do this! We can have WrassleGaf before and after.

Hasney

Also, do your research so what you think is a good and healthy change is actually good and healthy. In my youth I wasted a lot of my time thinking bullshit would help.

Oh yeah, thinking my Italian style meals of chopped tomatoes, red onion with wholemeal pasta were the way forward. Fine once in a while, but all those carbs catch up with you.

joelseph

On the subject of toys my girl brought home an "Elite" action figure last night from the grocery store. It's my first Elite. What is so elite about these things? They look identical to the regular figures and come with a cheap extra. Felt like I was playing with an overweight barbie doll when I was trying to figure out how to dress Bray with his elite Hawaiian rag of a shirt.

On the subject of toys my girl brought home an "Elite" action figure last night from the grocery store. It's my first Elite. What is so elite about these things? They look identical to the regular figures and come with a cheap extra. Felt like I was playing with an overweight barbie doll when I was trying to figure out how to dress Bray with his elite Hawaiian rag of a shirt.

just added articulation to the legs and abdomen. that's basically it. almost bought the punk wm 29 and bryan one but decided against it.

because i would've payed 60 dollars for it.

jmdajr

C'mon guys, let's do this! We can have WrassleGaf before and after.

Might be because I would bring the bar all the way down to my chest. Or the incline press.Or maybe because after awhile I stopped using a spotter. Whatever the cause that particular goal of looking all jacked and huge from weights is over.

Bowser

At 5'6 I went from 170 to 130lbs by sticking to the following:

Breakfast - Porridge/oatmeal with some fruit

Lunch - Wholegrain sandwich/slice of toast with egg/fish & salad filling

Dinner - Lean chicken/turkey/fish with two types of veg

Drinks - Water all day with the occasional fruit juice/glass of milk

I also started running and doing sets of push-ups & sit-ups before meals. I think things become pretty easy once you get into routine and if you pair it with some fitness goals you the whole process feels really fulfilling. At the start of the year I couldn't jog for 4 minutes without nearly collapsing, now I'm able to go for 50 minute runs knowing that I could go even further if I wanted to.

Wow, in terms of height/weight we're almost the exact same. I'm 5'6", went from ~175lbs on Jan 1 2013 to 135-140 (fluctuates based on water weight) today. Took me 15 months to body recomp (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116653391&postcount=812 - warning: shirtless pics!) - still not satisfied tho lol.

Top Bottom