• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Alucard

Banned
It's surreal seeing The Hardys and The Wolves in the same ring together. Never thought I'd see this. Psyched for Destination X next week to see them go at it.

RBH

Scorpio-Sandman.gif

Aww yes. Aries. The thinking wrestling fans wrestler. You know what it makes a difference to me to see everyone dress well. Kind of adds an extra oomph.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless you're the heel authority figure or his lackey the powers that be will make you give up the lesser belt in basically every promotion. This happened in the WWE/WWF/WCW and I'm sure it's happened in TNA. The US champion in WCW was almost always considered the No. 1 Contender unless someone else had a better claim such as a rematch clause or a non title victory over the champion.

So no, the secondary title is really not worth as much as a guaranteed world title shot.

Alucard

Banned
But by willingly giving it up, it's not important at all

I thought Aries did a great job of putting the X Title over. Basically said that he created Option C because he believes in the X Division and he believes that the person holding the belt exemplifies no limits...which means the X Champion can hang with anyone, including the World Heavyweight Champion.

Aries did a great job of saying that the X Title is borderline equal to the main title.

Damn it knockouts were having a pretty good match too. As much as I didn't like that. The beautiful people looked amazing. So I guess there was that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought Aries did a great job of putting the X Title over. Basically said that he created Option C because he believes in the X Division and he believes that the person holding the belt exemplifies no limits...which means the X Champion can hang with anyone, including the World Heavyweight Champion.

Aries did a great job of saying that the X Title is borderline equal to the main title.

He's clearly deluding himself. He "came up with" the idea that it could be traded in for a title shot, cementing its secondary position.

remnant

Banned
Option c forces TNA to recognize the fact that the x division champ is(or should be) a ME player. To me it always elevated the title, especially during the summer because being the x div champ was a huge advantage to people, and led to the goal everyone should have, which is being world champ.

It's really good booking IMO and wwe/roh should try doing something similar( that isn't MITB)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
but they always just take it off of which ever clearly not ready for prime time guy they have and give it to someone established instead of elevating the person who has the belt. It's like clockwork.

It's the same thing with their Bound For Glory series. A great idea...messed up by TNA being TNA.

Vylash

Option c forces TNA to recognize the fact that the x division champ is(or should be) a ME player. To me it always elevated the title, especially during the summer because being the x div champ was a huge advantage to people, and led to the goal everyone should have, which is being world champ.

It's really good booking IMO and wwe/roh should try doing something similar( that isn't MITB)

Sabin and Aries both had title reigns that lasted less than a month and fell off the face of the planet afterward, it's been worthless

Alucard

Banned
He's clearly deluding himself. He "came up with" the idea that it could be traded in for a title shot, cementing its secondary position.

It is a secondary title, though. And he still elevated it more in this promo than any WWE secondary title is currently.

Looking forward to getting a full Gail vs. Taryn match. What we got on this show was very good. They have some great chemistry.

MUTA.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-

The Brain's WCW debut!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brain is pretty good in early WCW. Gets real decent when it becomes Brain/Dusty/Schiavone as the main group but he definitely loses something later on.

Top Bottom