• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm informed.

pdp_quesarito.jpg

Probably tastes fine, be would never be my first option with an abundance of real Mexican food all over the place.

Of course a "mexican" food snob!

Alright since I know you're from Mexico I can't get mad. BUT

Taco Bell has never pretended to be mexican food. Can't compare the two.

Quesaritos are in a Jesus tier all by themselves.

jmdajr

Think Bryan leaving would be my most gutting wrestler leave ever.

Don't feel like that. He left on good terms. He didn't die, quit like a bitch, kill someone/himself, get a stroke, or whatever fucked up shit has happened to other wrestlers.

Hasney

I wish we just had a single Mexican place round here that served good food. Sure, Bar Burrito is fine, but they purely do burritos. I want some goddamn quesidillas and tacos.

Don't feel like that. He left on good terms. He didn't die, quit like a bitch, kill someone/himself, get a stroke, or whatever fucked up shit has happened to other wrestlers.

Yeah, I just mean leaving rather than all that other things. Just be depressing if I never see another match of his.

That looks gross. Also, bless my metabolism. So glad I don't have to fucking starve myself to keep from getting fat.

Day 3 of the G1 was pretty fun, friends. I recommend checking out Makabe/Okada when it's available.

jred2k

Deal with it Sunny!

I would like to point out that the main person giving advice for breakfast also does this:

I rest my case.

I don't eat breakfast and I eat 2 Quesaritos when I get them D:
What he wants to eat it's his business. It's his woe is me I can't deal with such hunger attitude that's annoying. The fact he has two yogurts in his lunch just shows how little he's actually listened to the advice offered in this thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That looks gross. Also, bless my metabolism. So glad I don't have to fucking starve myself to keep from getting fat.

Day 3 of the G1 was pretty fun, friends. I recommend checking out Makabe/Okada when it's available.

I thought you were fat.

RP912

Banned
My favorite food used to be Italian but taco bell changed the habit. I used to go there like it was my religion.

5 dollar boxes rock!

Alucard

Banned
That Mexican stuff looks...not so healthy.

Self control is hard. I have a lot more of it now than I did in the past, but it's still an issue.

What do you guys eat in a day? Sounds like some of you are starving yourselves if you're eating less in a day than I have for lunch. (sandwich, hard-boiled egg, 2 yogurts, apple)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I have ever had Taco Bell.

Come to Jesus and try it TODAY my friend.

Hey, I'm perfectly proportioned for my frame :p

Sure, I'm not fit, but I'm not fat either.

Would you say you look like...CM Punk? Not fit, not too fat.

Self control is hard. I have a lot more of it now than I did in the past, but it's still an issue.

What do you guys eat in a day? Sounds like some of you are starving yourselves if you're eating less in a day than I have for lunch. (sandwich, hard-boiled egg, 2 yogurts, apple)

Simple sample of my day:

2 cups of coffee in the morning just because
Lunch is typically a few plain hamburger patties. As in 2. With cheese.
Dinner is probably 4 chicken breasts

That's life

You: Rollins
Me: Ambrose
Vince: Reigns

seth-rollins-turns-heel-o.gif

What he wants to eat it's his business. It's his woe is me I can't deal with such hunger attitude that's annoying. The fact he has two yogurts in his lunch just shows how little he's actually listened to the advice offered in this thread.

Eh, I prefer the breakfast talk, it's goofy. It also lets me silently compare my diet to others. Mine sucks. But it's ok...for now.

Also my goddamn Jawbone Up isn't working anymore and it makes me mad. Goddamnit

jmdajr

Of course a "mexican" food snob!

Alright since I know you're from Mexico I can't get mad. BUT

Taco Bell has never pretended to be mexican food. Can't compare the two.

Quesaritos are in a Jesus tier all by themselves.

Taco Bell is weird for me in that I consider it more like getting Nachos at the ballpark or say, a bag of Dortitos. But even that doesn't happen often because while I like it, I don't get to indulge in it very much trying to be healthy.

I tell you what though, since I do love Doritos I did go out and get that Dorito Taco. It was ok, just not Dorito-ee enough.

So yeah. If I am gonna do fast food, I just feel I rather get a burger or some fried chicken or maybe even pizza. Perhaps it's unfair because Taco bell really isn't that much more unhealthy than those other options. I just have a hard time convincing myself it's a real meal.

Now if they had Taco bell at the Ballpark, maybe I'd get some. Really it doesn't taste bad, but it always loses out when I weigh options.

Alucard

Banned
Come to Jesus and try it TODAY my friend.

Would you say you look like...CM Punk? Not fit, not too fat.

Simple sample of my day:

2 cups of coffee in the morning just because
Lunch is typically a few plain hamburger patties. As in 2. With cheese.
Dinner is probably 4 chicken breasts

That's life

That sounds like a bodybuilder/lifting diet. Doesn't work for everyone.

Hasney

Man, y'all are making me want to get some Doritos and top them up good with cheese and all the shit and whack them in the oven.

Weekend treat fo sheezy.

RP912

Banned
The best thing about taco bell is the fact that I don't feel fat eating from them. Mcdies and other fast food joints have this mind trick where one burger is going to put pounds on me. I have a nacho grande from taco bell and gives no fucks. I feel full but not bloated like other unhealthy food.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Taco Bell is weird for me in that I consider it more like getting Nachos at the ballpark or say, a bag of Dortitos. But even that doesn't happen often because while I like it, I don't get to indulge in it very much trying to be healthy.

I tell you what though, since I do love Doritos I did go out and get that Dorito Taco. It was ok, just not Dorito-ee enough.

So yeah. If I am gonna do fast food, I just feel I rather get a burger or some fried chicken or maybe even pizza. Perhaps it's unfair because Taco bell really isn't that much more unhealthy than those other options. I just have a hard time convincing myself it's a real meal.

Now if they had Taco bell at the Ballpark, maybe I'd get some.

oh MAN Taco Bell + beizbol = amazing world, amazing life.

It's pretty interesting to dig through nutritional profiles of fast food giants and their products. Taco Bell had a Triple Steak Flatbread that was a goldmine of protein. God damn! It was like a steak blanket.

I will cosign on the doritos locos tacos being underwhelming. Taste, content, and usability. But hey don't let me tell you what it's like, there's someone who did a WONDERFUL review of the Doritos Locos Taco that everyone should watch, 20 seconds long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSVqaSl89A

Hasney

Coffee for breakfast

Cottage cheese and an avacado for lunch

Dinner: 3 egg omelette with bacon, mushroom, cheese, double cream, chilli, spinach & garlic

Basic goal for weight cutting (not bodybuilding) at 6'0" is aiming at 1200 calories with minimal carbs, no added sugar anywhere, minimal saturated fat and light exercise.

Alucard

Banned

I make one post saying I'm hungry and now I have a "woe is me attitude"?

What's wrong with yogurt? Better than chips, fries, or ice cream as a snack.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well when it's time to maintain and be boring I eat:

2 cups of coffee for breakfast
lunch as two or three hamburger patties with cheese
coke zero all up in this piece
dinner can be sugar-free ice cream, some lunchmeat, no bread

Banish de bread

I make one post saying I'm hungry and now I have a "woe is me attitude"?

What's wrong with yogurt? Better than chips, fries, or ice cream as a snack.

Real talk, unless you're eating unflavored yogurt, you are eating a dessert. The ad agencies that managed to make people feel like yogurt is a healthy choice are absolutely incredible - making people feel like they're making good choices when they're not. There's a REALLY great article about it, I'll find it if you're interested. It talks a lot about the drive companies have (mainly chip producers) to make the perfect chip and what keeps people addicted and HOW addicted they need to be for maximum profit. It's fascinating. I'll go find it.

Me:

Breakfast: What is breakfast
Lunch: Whatever's nearby in Center City, Subway/Taco Bell/McDonald's etc. Most unhealthy part for me.
Dinner: Steak/rice, salads if I remembered to get the stuff for it. Sometimes other stuff, but rice is the staple.

I cut out for the most part all sodas and juices, so that helps too. Beyond that, I've been told I have the diet of a middle schooler.

Quesaritos are pretty awesome and that stock picture's a pretty close representation. Maybe all the ingredients are not as spread evenly around in the real version.

Alucard

Banned

Banish de bread

Way too hardcore for me. I think of The Rock eating all those pizzas, looking jacked, but getting gassed.

Hasney

Banish de bread

This man almost knows what he's doing.

You replace the Coke Zero with Pepsi Max

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Me:

Breakfast: What is breakfast
Lunch: Whatever's being given to me in my poverty cup
Dinner: whatever's being given to me in my poverty cup

I cut out for the most part all sodas and juices, so that helps too. Beyond that, I've been told I have the diet of a middle schooler.

ftfy
just jokes

Way too hardcore for me. I think of The Rock eating all those pizzas, looking jacked, but getting gassed.

Shit, when it's bulk time, everything changes.

Breakfast: 2 sausage egg and cheese McGriddles and 4 sausage biscuits
Lunch: 2 large size combo meals from Arbys
Dinner: Go out and eat, maybe a meal + appetizer from Chilis or some shit. Plus dessert.

I have no idea how you get that from Sunny's diet. He's not really eating that much. EDIT: Until I see his bulk diet, goddamnit Sunny

Rock's cheat days, however, are fucking absurd.

ftfy
just jokes

You're the joke, dammit!
I'm going to call my mouth the poverty cup now

Hasney

Oh yeah, and the one thing that helps with hunger is drinking water a lot as well. Probably go through 3-4L when I'm dropping weight as it helps the body process the energy stores it already has. That type of thirst and the hunger feeling are very similar.

jmdajr

This is what I do during work week.

Breakfast-Plain Oatmeal with milk and real Fruit (Blueberries,Raspberries,Blackberries)
Flavored Oatmeal is awful. Put the real stuff in it.

Snack-Almonds/Nuts

Lunch-(varies) Sometimes dinner* left overs, Sometimes a lean cuisine type frozen meal. Usually a type of chicken/veggie combo. Sure it has a ton of sodium but oh well. Not any worse than fast food and cheaper.

Snack- Hard Boiled Egg

Snack- Apple or Orange

Snack- Greek Yogurt

Dinner*- Cook. Some type of Chicken/Turkey with tons of vegetables(all kinds). Different marinades,sauces(like curry) and spices. Sometimes rice, sometimes not. Sometimes beans (not friend), sometimes not. Sometimes sweet potatoes, sometimes not. (no beard or pasta)

And that's pretty much it.

It sort of makes sense why Sunflower has went from being that very nice likeable person to a really aggressive, angry over opinionated person. He's just really hungry. We're here for you, man. We'll help you get through this cut and back into your bulk cycle again.

Alucard

Banned
This is what I do during work week.

Breakfast-Plain Oatmeal with milk and real Fruit (Blueberries,Raspberries,Blackberries)
Flavored Oatmeal is awful. Put the real stuff in it.

Snack-Almonds/Nuts

Lunch-(varies) Sometimes dinner* left overs, Sometimes a lean cuisine type frozen meal. Usually a type of chicken/veggie combo. Sure it has a ton of sodium but oh well. Not any worse than fast food and cheaper.

Snack- Hard Boiled Egg

Snack- Apple or Orange

Snack- Greek Yogurt

Dinner*- Some type of Chicken/Turkey with tons of vegetables. Different marinades and spices. Sometimes rice, sometimes not. Sometimes beans (not friend), sometimes not.
Sometimes sweet potatoes, sometimes not. (no beard of pasta)

And that's pretty much it.

This sounds more sustainable to me. The issue with me is that my wife's family has rice for dinner almost daily, so I usually have a small portion of it to go with whatever stirfry or boiled veggies are there that day.

jmdajr

The best thing about taco bell is the fact that I don't feel fat eating from them. Mcdies and other fast food joints have this mind trick where one burger is going to put pounds on me. I have a nacho grande from taco bell and gives no fucks. I feel full but not bloated like other unhealthy food.

Chicken and Beans are good for you.

Alucard

Banned
The overall feeling I'm getting here is that there is no perfect diet. People are judging my meals, but then posting their greasy fatty lunches. In general, I'll just try to stick to not overdoing it and eating what I want in moderation and in reasonable portions. Do DDP Yoga 4-5 days a week, and I should be golden.

Thanks for the article, Vince.

I really need to get my ass back to the squat rack. Thing is I've been having these damn heart palpitations for the last few weeks and it's really been driving me nuts. Going to the cardiologist on Monday. :\

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's an excerpt from his book called Salt, Sugar, Fat. The whole thing is worth a read.

No shit? SOLD

The overall feeling I'm getting here is that there is no perfect diet. People are judging my meals, but then posting their greasy fatty lunches. In general, I'll just try to stick to not overdoing it and eating what I want in moderation and in reasonable portions. Do DDP Yoga 4-5 days a week, and I should be golden.

Depends on your goals. If you just want to lose weight, count calories and hit your goals EVERY DAY with no deviation.

Bitch you best not make fun of my food, I'll fall on you like Big Show did to Regal and THEN what

oh MAN Taco Bell + beizbol = amazing world, amazing life.

It's pretty interesting to dig through nutritional profiles of fast food giants and their products. Taco Bell had a Triple Steak Flatbread that was a goldmine of protein. God damn! It was like a steak blanket.

Did you see Taco Bell's new Power Menu?

The Mexican food chain, based in Irvine, said the Cantina Power Menu, available nationwide beginning July 17, will consist of bowls and burritos loaded with a double dose of chicken or steak -- while still weighing in at 500 calories or fewer. Cantina Power dishes will have almost 30 grams of protein per serving and drop high-calorie fillings such as creamy cilantro dressing, rice and beans, and replace them with reduced-fat sour cream and cheddar cheese.

Top Bottom