• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Alucard

Banned
No shit? SOLD

Depends on your goals. If you just want to lose weight, count calories and hit your goals EVERY DAY with no deviation.

Bitch you best not make fun of my food, I'll fall on you like Big Show did to Regal and THEN what

No judgment from me. Your life, your body. Do what you want.

My goal is to have good cardio/stamina and to eventually get a leaner look with some toning and definition. I've been told that I have the size and build to look jacked if I actually hit the gym, but I don't care so much about that. At least, not at the moment. Doubt I will later on with the bodily injury stories in here due to weights.

jmdajr

The overall feeling I'm getting here is that there is no perfect diet. People are judging my meals, but then posting their greasy fatty lunches. In general, I'll just try to stick to not overdoing it and eating what I want in moderation and in reasonable portions. Do DDP Yoga 4-5 days a week, and I should be golden.

I said this before, but we've reached a point where people think you are killing yourself if your not growing your own vegetables and hunting your own food. But since I'm not going to be doing that, I just do what I can.

Overall I think just take it easy on the sugar, don't eat trans fat, and don't eat processed meats (hotdogs/lunch meat/sauage) etc.

Eat whole foods whenever possible. Get most of what you are gonna eat from the dairy/produce/raw meat area, and if you do get processed stuff make sure it is at least whole grain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I said this before, but we've reached a point where people think you are killing yourself if your not growing your own vegetables and killing your own food. But sine I'm not going to be doing that, I just do what I can.

Overall I think just take it easy on the sugar, don't eat trans fat, and don't eat processed meats (hotdogs/lunch meat/sauage) etc.

Eat whole foods whenever possible. Get most of what you are gonna eat from the dairy/produce/raw meat area, and if you do get processed stuff make sure it is at least whole grain.
Yup. Body adapts. We're tough to kill.

Zach

Of course a "mexican" food snob!

Alright since I know you're from Mexico I can't get mad. BUT

Taco Bell has never pretended to be mexican food. Can't compare the two.

Quesaritos are in a Jesus tier all by themselves.

What's your go-to Mexican joint around town, Vinny Mac? I like Senor Tequila lately. Elote's pretty good. I used to like Cafe Ole, but the service the last couple of times was horrible, so I stopped going.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's your go-to Mexican joint around town, Vinny Mac? I like Senor Tequila lately. Elote's pretty good. I used to like Cafe Ole, but the service the last couple of times was horrible, so I stopped going.

Elote's dope but it's downtown so it's a pain in the ass to get to and from. Senor Tequila's aight, never had a bad time there. Ted's Escondido is dope as fuck, and there's a place in Owasso called El Fogon which is dope. La Mansion is kind of east side but they're a crazy value and good. Right off of 169 on 41st.

jmdajr

Yup. Body adapts. We're tough to kill.

This guy at work pisses me off because he basically criticize what everyone eats constantly. Do you know the evils about Gluten? Do you know the evils about MSG? Do you know what a microwave does to your food? If we all ate natural food there would be no cancer.

It's endless. But you know what, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to watch Netflix on his phone today if we were still out there in cave waiting for the next hunt. If you were starving in Africa I'm pretty sure you'd eat that fucking Big mac and be better off for it.

I looked at a chart listing all the things people have been dying from say...the last 100 years. As soon as we invented Vaccines, the next bigger killer was heart disease. Fools dropping left and right even though back then we ate more organic food right? So why were they dropping like flies if Grandpa and Grandpa had way healthier food than us? So my conclusion is either natural food isn't THAT much better than what we have now, OR heart disease was caused by the abundant amount of smokers back then.

Whatever the case I'm still gonna do my best to eat healthy but with reasonable means.
I'm not starting a garden, I'm not gonna shop at whole foods exclusively, and I'm not going out to get a bow and arrow.

People blame food, but rarely blame themselves for being a lazy git when it comes to gaining weight and health issues. Nobody is asking you to bust a gut and do crosstraining, just you know... don't sit down all day.

Alucard

Banned
People blame food, but rarely blame themselves for being a lazy git when it comes to gaining weight and health issues. Nobody is asking you to bust a gut and do crosstraining, just you know... don't sit down all day.

That's part of it, but many people have office jobs that require them to sit and not do anything overly physical for most of the day. And those same people sometimes have kids and other commitments in the evenings which minimize the amount of time they have to dedicate to exercise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Of course a "mexican" food snob!

Alright since I know you're from Mexico I can't get mad. BUT

Taco Bell has never pretended to be mexican food. Can't compare the two.

Quesaritos are in a Jesus tier all by themselves.

Taco Bell isn't even authentic Tex-Mex.

What it is, however, is the combination of the same ten or so items in different configurations and fucking delicious.

jmdajr

That's part of it, but many people have office jobs that require them to sit and not do anything overly physical for most of the day. And those same people sometimes have kids and other commitments in the evenings which minimize the amount of time they have to dedicate to exercise.

It sucks. We have to be extra careful with what we eat.

Hasney

ceebff0b414c1a46a3d5b72b1fbed576.png

Seriously though, more places should offer more working from home where possible though. Friend of mine managed to wangle only going into the office 1 day a week. The rest, he hits up his home gym for lunch.

Zach

Elote's dope but it's downtown so it's a pain in the ass to get to and from. Senor Tequila's aight, never had a bad time there. Ted's Escondido is dope as fuck, and there's a place in Owasso called El Fogon which is dope. La Mansion is kind of east side but they're a crazy value and good. Right off of 169 on 41st.

I work downtown, so generally speaking, I'll just send a part-timer for a nice walk on over to Elote to pick us up some lunch. Puffy tacos are pretty legit, man. And are you aware of the luchador shows they put on sometimes? It sounds like hipster city with atrocious faux-wrasslin' so I've never gone... I still appreciate the effort, though.

I've been to Ted's once a long time ago. It was fine. Never been to El Fogon or La Mansion. Not sure if I've even heard of them. They are now officially on my radar.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The overall feeling I'm getting here is that there is no perfect diet. People are judging my meals, but then posting their greasy fatty lunches. In general, I'll just try to stick to not overdoing it and eating what I want in moderation and in reasonable portions. Do DDP Yoga 4-5 days a week, and I should be golden.

Pretty much.
Browsing the GAF Fitness threads and any other diet/weightloss threads that crop up, and the /r/loseit and /r/fitness sub-reddits... everyone is different. The key is that they're all healthy and in moderation.

You won't ever see someone who says they've lost 20 lbs in 2 months with the following diet:

Breakfast:
1 Sausage & Egg McMuffin
1 Hashbrown
1 Medium Coffee

Morning Snack/Drink:
1 Can of Coke

Lunch:
1 Footlong Italian BMT Subway sub w/ lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, pepper, lite mayo and mustard
1 Can of coke

Afternoon Snack/Drink:
1 small bag of original flavoured Lays chips

Dinner:
3 slices of pepperoni and mushroom pizza from Pizza Hut

that day would be costly on the wallet as much as the waist!

Instead, you'll see a variety of different diets.

My biggest weightloss success was with this type of diet:

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
2-3 Slices of 50% sodium bacon

Morning Snack:
1 Clif bar

Lunch:
1 Sandwich; Luncheon Meat, spinach or romaine lettuce, bit of mayo, bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, bit of mustard, a slice of cheese

Afternoon Snack:
1 Apple and a few piece of cheese

Dinner:
1 Chicken Breast
A whole bunch of chopped up romaine lettuce
a spoonful of caesar salad dressing

I'd also contribute this success to doing the P90 (not P90X.. just P90) daily. Alternating between the Cardio and Strength video.

jmdajr

The standing desks with the treadmills are some of the stupidest shit I have ever seen.
I'm supposed to get work done bouncing up and down like that?

Now the standing desk would actually be nice. All this sitting blows.

But If I am gonna go for a walk or a jog, I am gonna go out for a walk and a jog. No office work involved.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The standing desks with the treadmills are some of the stupidest shit I have ever seen.
I'm supposed to get work done bouncing up and down like that?

Now the standing desk would actually be nice. All this sitting blows.

But If I am gonna go for a walk or a jog, I am gonna go out for a walk and a jog. No work involved.

I've played a ton of vidja games on an elliptical myself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I work downtown, so generally speaking, I'll just send a part-timer for a nice walk on over to Elote to pick us up some lunch. Puffy tacos are pretty legit, man. And are you aware of the luchador shows they put on sometimes? It sounds like hipster city with atrocious faux-wrasslin' so I've never gone... I still appreciate the effort, though.

I've been to Ted's once a long time ago. It was fine. Never been to El Fogon or La Mansion. Not sure if I've even heard of them. They are now officially on my radar.

Bro. Our own Mechashiva (aka Abra Cadaver) is their current champion. We in there.

mrboo001

Banned
Here's the article on advertising, it's really good.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/m...nary-science-of-junk-food.html?pagewanted=all

I highly encourage everyone to read it because it's just a goddamn good read and enlightening.

A couple days ago, I've decided to stop drinking so much pop.... I use to go through two to four 2 Litres of pop a week. I don't know why I stop now (I've been drinking like this since before elementary school) but I remebered hearing that the best way to stop an addiction (let's face it, for me it is) is not to plan for it, or go "I'll stop after next week/next drink". Again, I don't know why I started now but I'm hopeing to reduce it to less than a Litre a week (then maybe compeletly). I've had some pop since but only the individual sizes ones.

Anyways... I've also though about cutting out junk food and eating baby carrots instead. Then I read this part of the article:

The snack that Dunn was proposing to sell: carrots. Plain, fresh carrots. No added sugar. No creamy sauce or dips. No salt. Just baby carrots, washed, bagged, then sold into the deadly dull produce aisle.

I just had to laugh. Of course someone else had the same idea.

I eat baby carrots and tortilla chips sometimes. It's a real good combo. Like chocolate and water.

Also wtf at that girl attempting to dance to the Shield theme

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great two images here.
6SbZ3LI.jpg

and Vince being very upset:
iMnvXfZAtrRJv.gif

Yeah... so like people know who we're supporting.

Actually come to think of it I have no idea which show I'm getting and who the main event is...

INCLUDED SUPERSTARS

Chris Jericho
Erick Rowan
Bray Wyatt
The Usos
Luke Harper
Big Show

Yay...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just finished the Simon Dean RF shoot. Highly recommend it. It's one of the most informative shoots I've ever heard. He covers ECW, indies(what's really cool about this is all the promoters he covers rather than the usual indie stars due to his brother owning a wrestling promotion), OVW, DSW, WWE, OVW as head of developmental, WWE office stuff, the promo pitching procedure with Vince, and he has a bunch of fun stories. Like Triple H hating Al Snow and Bruce Pritchard thinking Roadkill was gonna be the 'next big thing', Mark Henry being one of his best friends(and what a POS Michael Hayes is), and Brock telling Simon Dean he likes his haircut. And Kane and Stevie Richards being close friends irl. and Kane and Mark Henry being the best two guys in wrestling, in terms of being professional

and Vince was a HUGE Boogeyman mark and would consonantly yell 'IM COMIN TA GET YA' to random people backstage

What you're not looking forward to Wyatts vs Usos No.768 with Big Show saving the day?

I'm pretty sure it'll be a Wyatts vs Jerichusos trios match, which should actually be pretty sweet (and likely the same match they'll put on at Summerslam).

Not sure what Big Shoe will be up to.

Showaddy

I'm pretty sure it'll be a Wyatts vs Jerichusos trios match, which should actually be pretty sweet (and likely the same match they'll put on at Summerslam).

I'd assumed Bray would have to go over Jericho solo, surely they can't let him get his big Summerslam win in a tag match? Unless they really do give zero fucks about him now.

Which Entrance Theme do WWE Superstars wish they had?

John Cena - Ric Flair
"Watch the movie."
Daniel Bryan - Ultimate Warrior
“I came out to it once in the independents and it was awesome,” Bryan revealed. “There’s just so much energy, and it fires up the crowd so much.”
Randy Orton - Rusev
“I like the marching beat when he comes out and that bass hits. It makes me bob my head,” WWE’s Apex Predator said. “When Rusev’s music hits, if I’m in the back and I can hear it out in the arena when I’m getting ready, it motivates me, believe it or not. So I’d pick that — minus the Russian tones to it, which are included throughout the music.”
Santino - Stone Cold Steve Austin
“I would like to have the one from ‘Cold Stone’ Steve Austin, because when the glass breaks, you know that stuff’s about to go down,” Santino explained in his own special way.
Jack Swagger - Batista
“At the beginning they start small and then there’s a big explosion, and then the music is just pumped, and you’re feeling it,” Swagger said. “You can’t help if you’re a fan in the audience coming to your feet, and the one that comes to mind is The Animal, Batista’s.”

Swagger even digs Batista’s theatrics that go along with this song: “When he hits the machine gun stance, I go crazy every time for that.”
Dolph Ziggler - Shawn Michaels
“There’s entertainment, there’s seriousness, there’s something you can latch on to,” he said. “There’s everything you could possibly want.”

But would Ziggler attempt to sing vocals like Michaels did on his track?

“I would love to,” he said, before quipping, “It wouldn’t be my finest hour, but I’m used to that.”
Paige - Edge
“Every time it came on, it got me excited and I was singing along to it,” The Diva of Tomorrow said, before explaining why. “It’s completely badass, and I think it suits me because I think of myself as quite the badass.”
Fandango - Chris Jericho
“I like the way the music goes out and the pyro hits,” Fandango conceded. “I’d actually listen to that song even if it wasn’t a wrestling entrance theme song.”
Kofi Kingston - Marc Mero
“It had that awesome heavy guitar riff,” Kingston recalled. “Plus, he used to do the Shooting Star Press, and I thought he was really athletic and cool. His music was definitely something I had on CD back in the day.”
AJ Lee - Hardcore Holly
“I’m not sure I would still use it to this day, but I have to stay true to 12-year-old AJ, who used to use Hardcore Holly’s entrance music for my Create-a-Wrestler in every ‘SmackDown! vs. Raw’ video game,” she said. “That was always my go-to.”

and Vince was a HUGE Boogeyman mark and would consonantly yell 'IM COMIN TA GET YA' to random people backstage

The more we hear about Vince, the more he sounds exactly like I'd expect him to.

Not sure if it's because it's true, or because people are just making up Vince stories at this point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Awesome knows what's up. Why complain about great pro wrestling? The fact that they've wrestled so much and are still wowing us is a testament to their chemistry together.

It gets old. I'm done.

Alucard

Banned

I'd be curious to hear an in-person perspective on how Big Show looks now, and if he's any quicker in the ring.

DDP Yoga 4 life.

Trust me, I wasn't complaining about that card.

Actually it's kind of nice that basically the tag titles are the main draw on one of their tour groups (well after Jericho), and I'm grateful that I'm not getting the Kane vs Cena and Orton vs Island Cena tour.

All of those picks are pretty solid minus Kofi picking Marc Mero... Wtf. Out of all the entrance themes in WWE past and present, Marc Mero is definitely not one to remember.

Top Bottom