• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
could Devitt even use the comic book paintings in the US? Licenses and whatnot

Kornflayx

I don't feel it was unreasonable to think they could get 1 million subs by the end of the year... but that was before they squandered all that momentum from Wrestlemania.

It becomes unreasonable when you don't upload the shows everybody wants to watch. Who cares about 1993 RAW? And the current PPVs are not interesting enough for the casual fan to sign up.

Also, Rednecks don't know how the internet works

njean777

Not really. They were at around 600k last they announced numbers, and I believe that they said that they would need to be at 1 million+ to be profitable.

The bad network numbers were one of the reasons for the last round of layoffs, along with a bunch of other cost-cutting measures.

Basically, it's under-performing, but not a DIRE situation yet. But if they roll it out to the world and it continues doing numbers akin to what it's doing, they'll likely have to shutter it within a couple of years.

I don't think they can shutter it at this point. Nobody is going to pay 60$ for a ppv ever again at this point.

jmdajr

7W6PsfH.jpg

She's buffer than the new girl.

So long as they don't use copyrighted logos, I imagine they'd get away with it. Hell, if they cleared it with Marvel beforehand, I'm sure they'd be fine with it, it's not like they haven't had WWE/Marvel cross promotion before.

Zach

Honestly,when they announced the network I thought it would have a lot more content than it does.

Like, what? Like Nitro/Attitude era RAW? Or more original programming like Legends House? Just curious because there's a ton of content. Maybe just not what you're looking for, though.

jmdajr

20140728_EP_LARGE-Turtles-Music.jpg

Not sure about the wrestling connection, but top story at wwe.com

Check out the world premiere of "Shell Shocked," the new music video from Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa and Ty Dolla $ign, featuring Kill The Noise & Madsonik. The song, which is available now on iTunes, is from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," in theaters Aug. 8.

Cagey

Banned

dream

Like, what? Like Nitro/Attitude era RAW? Or more original programming like Legends House? Just curious because there's a ton of content. Maybe just not what you're looking for, though.
I actually kind of thought there'd be more documentary content. I'm not expecting them to continuoally produce new content (though the Warrior documentary showed that they can do just that, with almost no production time), but I didn't think they'd trickle out their back catalog of documentaries one at a time, like we're dogs at the dinner table lucky to get a scrap or two that falls off of a plate.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Honestly,when they announced the network I thought it would have a lot more content than it does.

I think people want to watch the stuff they're most familiar with - Attitude Era programming.

We had this discussion earlier as well, but the Network has a lot of missing features that it should've had at launch too (Playlists, proper bookmarking if you stop watching something mid-way through).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So since WWE has the stupid-ass idea of calling Dean Ambrose "the Lunatic Fringe" what fucking political party does he belong to already?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

joelseph

I actually kind of thought there'd be more documentary content. I'm not expecting them to continuoally produce new content (though the Warrior documentary showed that they can do just that, with almost no production time), but I didn't think they'd trickle out their back catalog of documentaries one at a time, like we're dogs at the dinner table lucky to get a scrap or two that falls off of a plate.

Same. Watching WWE docs on Netflix helped get me into wrestling. Netflix still has a better selection of WWE docs than the WWEN currently.

I wonder if Hero ever gave Eddie Kingston shit about Kingston's physique because he's surely eating those words (and everything else at the cheap Chinese buffet) now.

Sanjuro

20140728_EP_LARGE-Turtles-Music.jpg

Not sure about the wrestling connection, but top story at wwe.com

Check out the world premiere of "Shell Shocked," the new music video from Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa and Ty Dolla $ign, featuring Kill The Noise & Madsonik. The song, which is available now on iTunes, is from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," in theaters Aug. 8.

I hope we have a ten minute segment to them playing it live today.

That would be radical.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
man that was so good. Any more recomended matches? I guess you guys will just say all :p

Watch all the G1 matches that dude has. Any AJ Styles match from the G1 is gold as well, guy's doing the best work of his life.

Paracelsus

bro7cdbccaakvyh.jpglaq6yrv.jpg

You don't get this awful unless you either do absolutely nothing at all and you eat whatever you feel like so that it ends up sticking on your body whether you like it or not, or if you greatly out-eat your daily efforts by abusing junk food. Years ago I was working in a pizza joint/eatery, and though I was always moving I ended up weighing almost 190lbs because free pizza/hamburgers etc. (I'm a mere 5.7).

FallingEdge said:
Genetics. I have the same long stringy arm problem like him. Every day needs to be arm day.

Despite what they say, there's no selective cutting. Every time I cut fat and slim down to good levels, my body looks like a skeleton except for the belly which is smaller but still there.

Reigns' logo looks like an amalgam of Jeff Hardy and Batista's logo. Why didn't they just put his name in Shield font and call it a day, I mean he's basically taken everything from the group anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing keeping me alive in the G1 Pick'Em Contest is my faith in Bad Luck Fale getting all these huge wins.

Who could have predicted Yano over Goto though?

TNA President Dixie Carter is proud to announce that Impact is coming soon to Impactwrestling.com! Watch each weekly show and get exclusive backstage interviews for only $5.99 per month.

Kaladin

Wow.

So Spike actually canceled TNA. I gotta tell ya, I didn't see that one coming. I thought for sure the NYC shows would secure a renewal. I guess Spike was not impressed despite good ratings for the first episodes.

Maybe I should buy a few more TNA hats while I still can.

Despite what they say, there's no selective cutting. Every time I cut fat and slim down to good levels, my body looks like a skeleton except for the belly which is smaller but still there.

You are dropping the fat but are down to the point where there is no muscle there so you get that skinny fat/skeleton look.

Cagey

Banned
My favorite TNA memory is lurking on WrassleGAF while I waited 14 years for account approval, reading spindashing rave about how awesome Joker Sting was, deciding to finally watch an episode of TNA from start-to-finish, only to get the one week where Normal Ass Steve Borden walks out and respects everyone for two hours.

Damnit spin.

Zach

RAW,SD,Nitro and Thunder.

Ah, well they're coming. Maybe if we're lucky enough, it'll be where you want it by, I dunno, 2016.

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of new documentary-type shows, too. And new legends roundtable discussions.

I think people want to watch the stuff they're most familiar with - Attitude Era programming.

We had this discussion earlier as well, but the Network has a lot of missing features that it should've had at launch too (Playlists, proper bookmarking if you stop watching something mid-way through).

Yeah, in my chronological viewings, it's a pain to find events to watch, or at least navigate to them. There's way too much scrolling (watching on PS4 mostly).

And it's a shame that I have to use a chronological reddit listing instead of something built-in on the Network.

Rhaknar

can someone explain G1 to me. This little dude with black trunks that no sells everything (in a good way) won against the blonde guy, but lost to Shelton Benjamin, is this tournament rules so he's out and Shelton moves on?

Also Shelton didnt do any of his crazy acrobatic stuff :/ And he looks HUGE next to this japanese dude lol

maybe I should watch from day 1

Gorillaz

My favorite TNA memory is lurking on WrassleGAF while I waited 14 years for account approval, reading spindashing rave about how awesome Joker Sting was, deciding to finally watch an episode of TNA from start-to-finish, only to get the one week where Normal Ass Steve Borden walks out and respects everyone for two hours.

Damnit spin.

#TNAMemories

First time I saw it I think it wa the Kurt, AJ and Karen program or whatever it is and thought...what is up with these backstage segments

#TNAMemories

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
can someone explain G1 to me. This little dude with black trunks that no sells everything (in a good way) won against the blonde guy, but lost to Shelton Benjamin, is this tournament rules so he's out and Shelton moves on?

Also Shelton didnt do any of his crazy acrobatic stuff :/ And he looks HUGE next to this japanese dude lol

maybe I should watch from day 1

Round robin style. Everyone faces everyone, points when you win.

Wow.

So Spike actually canceled TNA. I gotta tell ya, I didn't see that one coming. I thought for sure the NYC shows would secure a renewal. I guess Spike was not impressed despite good ratings for the first episodes.

Maybe I should buy a few more TNA hats while I still can.

Had nothing to do with the Impacts.

Vince Russo accidentally emailed the wrong Mike in his address book (Johnson from PWInsider, not Tenay) mentioning stuff for commentary. The only way Russo could have done this is if he was still involved in the company, which the email basically confirmed he was, and which everybody except Spike already knew. Johnson threatened to publish the email, so Russo confessed on his site. Spike's people have Internet, and saw the whole thing. Spike hates Russo, and demanded TNA release him in the first place after they no longer had Hogan/Bischoff to drown his bigotry out. Spike finding out TNA lied to them about getting rid of Russo was the last straw, and days after the news went on PWInsider, they decided not to renew.

Like Meltzer said on LAW overnight, Russo "had everything to do with it."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My Favorite TNA Memory:
Professor Beef being told to fuck off by Taz

Second Favorite:
The Spindashing "Let's see Joker Sting!" watch that ended in shit.

Xater

I guess I'm supposed to buy that she has super powers and hence she doesn't need to be jacked.

Juts not feeling it man.

Well WW has super powers but a little muscle definition wouldn't hurt. She doesn't have a body builder body in the comics but she does look a little more muscular. Superman also has powers and is buff as shit.

Top Bottom