• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Kaladin

Had nothing to do with the Impacts.

Vince Russo accidentally emailed the wrong Mike in his address book (Johnson from PWInsider, not Tenay) mentioning stuff for commentary. The only way Russo could have done this is if he was still involved in the company, which the email basically confirmed he was, and which everybody except Spike already knew. Johnson threatened to publish the email, so Russo confessed on his site. Spike's people have Internet, and saw the whole thing. Spike hates Russo, and demanded TNA release him in the first place after they no longer had Hogan/Bischoff to drown his bigotry out. Spike finding out TNA lied to them about getting rid of Russo was the last straw, and days after the news went on PWInsider, they decided not to renew.

Like Meltzer said on LAW overnight, Russo "had everything to do with it."

Wow.

I totally missed that story.

It will be absolutely hilarious when TNA dies and we can blame Vince Russo for the death of another wrestling company.

Though, TBH, he didn't kill WCW, he just made love to it's corpse for a while.

Well WW has super powers but a little muscle definition wouldn't hurt. She doesn't have a body builder body in the comics but she does look a little more muscular. Superman also has powers and is buff as shit.

The way she looks might not even be completely up to her, maybe the filmmakers don't want her looking too crazy buff. I think she looks okay, she looks about the size of most WWE divas besides ones like Kaitlyn and Beth Phoenix.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My Favorite TNA Memory:
Professor Beef being told to fuck off by Taz

Second Favorite:
The Spindashing "Let's see Joker Sting!" watch that ended in shit.

Those are the only two I have.

That "Let's see Joker Sting" thing was hilarious. The blow back was brutal! :lol

Vylash

My favorite TNA memories:

Earl Henber's heel turn

Kurt Angle fighting for custody of his kids

mooseevill.jpg

Xater

The way she looks might not even be completely up to her, maybe the filmmakers don't want her looking too crazy buff. I think she looks okay, she looks about the size of most WWE divas besides ones like Kaitlyn and Beth Phoenix.

Oh I am sure she looks the way she does because making her just a little buffer would already go against conventional beauty ideals. Can't have that in a big Hollywood blockbuster!

Wow.

I totally missed that story.

It will be absolutely hilarious when TNA dies and we can blame Vince Russo for the death of another wrestling company.

Though, TBH, he didn't kill WCW, he just made love to it's corpse for a while.

It's okay to have missed the story. It happened last week and pretty much nobody thought anything major would come of it, certainly not the outright decision to not renew.

As ridiculous as everything in the saga of TNA has been, nobody ever thought an email sent to the wrong Mike in a person's address book would have been what killed the company.

ElRenoRaven

Can't say I didn't see the Impact cancellation coming. Hogan and Bischoff game in, took a huge amount of bank only to run it into the shitter. Then they of course jumped ship and well now they seem to be trying to badly copy other promotions. Then you hire Russo again behind the networks back who dislikes him like all hell and you try to hide it only for him to screw up and well you kind of brought this on yourself.

jmdajr

Oh I am sure she looks the way she does because making her just a little buffer would already go against conventional beauty ideals. Can't have that in a big Hollywood blockbuster!

I was thinking if maybe I am being unfair to skinny chicks. But not really, Hollywood has plenty of them.

Hey remember Linda Hamilton????? That was some bad ass shit.

Kaladin

Favorite TNA moments?

Claire-Lynch-distraught.jpg

Followed By....

Fire Russo!

sting-last-rites-match1.jpg

The Rise and Burial of Austin Aries

318795_10150976018991026_220105429_n.jpg

And who can forget Scott Steiner's math lesson?

maxresdefault.jpg

Fox Mulder

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of new documentary-type shows, too. And new legends roundtable discussions.

those were really fascinating, but the budget cuts means far less of that.

they should be doubling down on it since it is a great service. Just really slow adding old content, not enough original content, and the current product sucks so I dont give a shit about ppvs.

counting down the days until I can do something else with the $10.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
interesting. Also why is AJ Styles in it, isnt he the champion?

Winner gets a shot at Wrestle Kingdom which is in January. He may not be the champion then, it's a ways out.

It's time, guys! Get the gif machines ready!

Nooooo, come back crazy Sting.

Joker Sting isn't being funny

Wow

TNA just trolled the SHIT OUT OF US

:|

So like.................................... I feel let down.

So I wasted 2 hours just to see a few minutes of Sting, and he wasn't even funny. DAMN IT TNA!

THIS WAS ALL YOUR IDEA

LET'S ALL BOO SPIN OUT OF WRASSLEGAF

goodnight folks...

:(

I feel violated.

I sat through that entire thing for Joker-Sting action and I got basically jack shit in return. Fuck me.

Not even a 2 hour Austin movie can wash this stink off.

GAF overhyped. :(

Man, that suuuuuuuucked.

What a waste of time.

Spin: Joker Sting is awesome, let's all watch TNA!
GAF: Alright, why not.

*nothing funny happens*

DAMMIT SPIN

ijvrJ0.gif

I was literally laughing at the end. The week that everyone got together to watch TNA only to be denied from seeing what they tuned in for. Bravo, TNA. Bravo.

Who volunteers to shit on Spin's bag?

Wanted Joker Sting got Boring Steve.

The one fucking night I tune in to TNA to see Joker Sting, I don't get Joker Sting.

YOUR GIFS LIED TO ME, WRASSLE GAF!!!
7bStd.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Winner gets a shot at Wrestle Kingdom which is in January. He may not be the champion then, it's a ways out.

I see. Are these usually sold as dvd sets later on? like could I (legally) get a G1 2013 dvd set?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see. Are these usually sold as dvd sets later on? like could I (legally) get a G1 2013 dvd set?

Yeah but you gotta jump through a few hoops and get it sent to you. It ain't fun.

They are, but unfortunately physical media is crazy expensive in Japan, so you're looking at like $40 per DVD - they usually do a big set for the G1, but it's pretty damn pricey. And yeah, the DVDs are region locked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright folks get ready tonight.

Roommate departed and took the LEGIT SHOOK shirt with her!

For those not in the know my roommate is going to be a Rosebud for Adam Rose (was all weekend too) on Raw tonight. I made a LEGIT SHOOK shirt for her to wear and she took it! I HOPE IT MAKES IT ON THE AIR

Xater

For those not in the know my roommate is going to be a Rosebud for Adam Rose (was all weekend too) on Raw tonight. I made a LEGIT SHOOK shirt for her to wear and she took it! I HOPE IT MAKES IT ON THE AIR

Alright this will probably make me watch RAW more than anything else this show has going on right now.

jmdajr

I will keep an eye out!

Heel

My fingers are crossed, Sunny, but at this point Adam Rose will be lucky to participate in a dark match with a local tryout.

Oh nice! I thought she'd go as a Resident Evil person, but this is way better!

Lol

It was later confirmed that Spike TV had told Dixie directly that Russo was not to be brought back under ANY circumstances, yet she did it anyway and lied about it.
Not only did Dixie lie to everyone about bringing Russo back, she was determined to lie about being canceled, as she reportedly told everyone that TNA was voluntarily leaving Spike TV due to lack of promotion.
In a scumbag move, those in the TNA office reportedly told indie promoters to wait until Monday to book TNA talent, as "they'd likely be cheaper" then.

Top Bottom