• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

dWOkKfQ.jpg

Wrestlemania 6

dream

has anyone here read the wwe comics? are they any good?

At one point, they featured the best writing in WWE. The first couple of issues made the Shield breakup and Seth's subsequent series of turns actually make a lot of sense, and did more to define his character than anything TV has ever done. Then they shifted focus to Dean Ambrose, and as with all things that feature Dean Ambrose, the comic turned into total shit.

Hex

Banned
Hex, you know I'd rock your bod. And not in the good Data West way. I'd lay you right down! And not in the good Data West way! You're old and weak. Good day, fatty.

Kid, my old body still has plenty of life in it to ragdoll you by your scrawny neck, snap your limbs, drive your carny ass out to the swamp and make sure that you are never heard from again.

I call it my "Hex marks the spot" match.

I will mark the spot with a sign that says "
"Don't feed the gators"

This better damn well be the first thing I see in the PPV thread....is there going to be a PPV thread?

Only if we take a cue from WWE and call it "Lesnar battles Samoa Joe to determine who is Master of the Universe" , stealth OT that will bring in more hype brother.

Zach

Kid, my old body still has plenty of life in it to ragdoll you by your scrawny neck, snap your limbs, drive your carny ass out to the swamp and make sure that you are never heard from again.

I call it my "Hex marks the spot" match.

I will mark the spot with a sign that says "
"Don't feed the gators"
That promo just went on and on.

ROH never got a PPV thread

And where was the Carnage Cup OT

Or anything Ultraviolence, the greatest genre in the business, for that matter! I'm sensing heavy bias from the Grimace.

Late to the discussion (as always) but instead of doing an off-season all WWE has to do is just rotate house show schedules. Like, say for example Owens was "off schedule" or whatever. He could work smackdown and the Smackdown PPVs only for 2-3 months. Add in a couple house shows to set up and practice big matches and there you go. Guy gets to work 12-15 days over the course of 3 months and doesn't miss a beat on tv. Grab 2-3 people each from main, mid card, enhancement and rotate. Exceptions can be made for champs or people in big pushes or whatever, but once it's over they get to rest.

Or you know, the roster is big enough with enough talent that not every star has to appear every single week. But that would require competent booking so nevermind.

Late to the discussion (as always) but instead of doing an off-season all WWE has to do is just rotate house show schedules. Like, say for example Owens was "off schedule" or whatever. He could work smackdown and the Smackdown PPVs only for 2-3 months. Add in a couple house shows to set up and practice big matches and there you go. Guy gets to work 12-15 days over the course of 3 months and doesn't miss a beat on tv. Grab 2-3 people each from main, mid card, enhancement and rotate. Exceptions can be made for champs or people in big pushes or whatever, but once it's over they get to rest.

Or you know, the roster is big enough with enough talent that not every star has to appear every single week. But that would require competent booking so nevermind.
I really dig that house show idea. I doubt Vinnie Mac will go for anything like that since house shows are doing pretty bad.

ICW taping spoilers regarding future WWE UK title match.

BT Gunn Vs Wolfgang ended in double pin. Therefore Pete Dunne will defend UK title against BT, Wolfie and Trent Seven in fatal four way. Trent was added since both were technically pinned.

Anth0ny

Is Cody the Roman of NJPW? This smark crowd at the G1 USA special really doesn't seem to like him for some reason.

Kinda

That crowd didn't go to a new Japan show to watch d-tier ex-wwe guys.

Okada, Omega, Tana, Naito and ishii came off like legit super stars. Not the fake cartoon wwe superstars.

Top Bottom