• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
How many tag teams are left? When is the dusty Rhodes classic? WWE should try to bring in tag teams from the indies this time around rather than random singles wrestlers mash-ups.

Tag Team Breakups From Jan 1 Up To July 17: American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, Goldust and R-Truth, Kevin Owens and Jericho, Vaudevillains, Wyatt Family

(Counting NXT, DIY also broke up)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've decided Abigail is the best character in SF5 shown so far

especially compared to those last 2 vanilla midgets. he's a proper hoss

So marks I got just back Damn concert , so what was krut big Secret?

Jason Jordan is his charismaless kid.

The segment was horrible.

He just said "I had a kid I didn't know about, he's Jason Jordan and he's on Raw now. Come on out son" then JJ comes out they hug and Cole just immediately goes our main event tonight is the big dog vs Joe and up next the Hardys vs The Revival.

They just moved on from their 2 month story payoff like it as fucking nothing.

Braun Strowman saved Raw... again

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So marks I got just back Damn concert , so what was krut big Secret?

Jason Jordan is his bastard son. That's all it was. It was lame. The main event was way better - Joe and Roman had a good match and Braun came out and blew everyone the fuck up, which hopefully is leading to a Fatal Four-Way at SummerSlam.

Strowman sure did get lucky moving away from the Wyatt family - dude went from weird overgrown Sam Tarly to one of the best things on the show.

Way less severe work schedule for both of those

It's less so than you would think. Okada this year has worked more matches than anyone in WWE. And while a lot of those are tag matches, it's still bumps and the singles matches are more taxing than WWE style singles matches.

NXT I agree is less taxing, but I'd say NJPW at best is slightly less if not the same all things considered.

How many tag teams are left? When is the dusty Rhodes classic? WWE should try to bring in tag teams from the indies this time around rather than random singles wrestlers mash-ups.

Raw has 4. SD has 5.

I think someone from NXT is getting called up soon. I would say AOP, but Raw needs a babyface team. The only one they have is the Hardys.

Heroman

Banned
Jason Jordan is his bastard son. That's all it was. It was lame. The main event was way better - Joe and Roman had a good match and Braun came out and blew everyone the fuck up, which hopefully is leading to a Fatal Four-Way at SummerSlam.

Strowman sure did get lucky moving away from the Wyatt family - dude went from weird overgrown Sam Tarly to one of the best things on the show.

Jason Jordan is his charismaless kid.

giphy.gif

And they wonder why they are failing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, it fucken sucked. I was hoping for something that would have actually been interesting or entertaining.

Also, Balor fought the Drifter again.

Oh, also, Balor is fighting the Drifter again next week.

Even though he's feuding with Bray Wyatt at the same time. Yeah, IDK either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's less so than you would think. Okada this year has worked more matches than anyone in WWE. And while a lot of those are tag matches, it's still bumps and the singles matches are more taxing than WWE style singles matches.

NXT I agree is less taxing, but I'd say NJPW at best is slightly less if not the same all things considered.

Okada's young and the face of the company doing a gimmick where he's 'taking on all comers', he's the exception on the amount of matches not the rule. Not to mention Finn was never having the lengthy or overly stiff matches Okada was having even when he was in NJPW. He almost always worked safer matches or shorter matches where his worst stuff was usually dives to the outside.

Even with more matches, Okada likely gets more downtime due to rarely leaving the country. Finn's all over the place like the rest of the WWE and his schedule right now has still been pretty light compared to other main roster folks. It's only going ot get worse.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Raw has 4. SD has 5.

I think someone from NXT is getting called up soon. I would say AOP, but Raw needs a babyface team. The only one they have is the Hardys.

Hardys are on their way to breakup, too. NXT doesn't have many face tag teams either. DIY broke up so that leaves only Heavy Machinery as of this moment. Sanity could go face, though.

Angry Grimace

Hardys are on their way to breakup, too. NXT doesn't have many face tag teams either. DIY broke up so that leaves only Heavy Machinery as of this moment. Sanity could go face, though.

No way, they're very, very much doing Broken soon. If they weren't they wouldn't have them losing on Raw clean repeatedly.

I really don't see this working out for Jordan. He's always been the hot tag guy in every team he's on, so he hasn't shown much in the ring. He's never been particularly good on promos. And being saddled with an angle like this might just haunt him forever if he can't step up.

I hope I'm wrong though, because he seems like a cool dude. I just feel like this will be a situation where we look back and wonder why Gable wasn't just given the big push to begin with when he eventually breaks out.

Angry Grimace

Here's the thing though: Jordan was never the part of AA that was good. It was Gable the entire time. Jordan is a good performer but everything I liked about AA when they were a NXT team was mostly just Gable.

Gable has enough charisma I could seem him making it work somehow.

Sanity could go face, but they also have TM61 coming back any day now.

The wild card though is
ReDragon
. They could be the next big thing.

Angry Grimace

Sanity could go face, but they also have TM61 coming back any day now.

The wild card though is
ReDragon
. They could be the next big thing.

Meh, Sanity is 3 random goobers and Nikki Cross. Cross is the breakout star there and if you take her out, its just a random Wyatt family rip-off.

i like jason jordan but i worry for him going solo given that he was pretty much weeks from getting released until he got paired with gable who was pretty much the reason aa got over in the first place

Angry Grimace

I don't think that highly of Sanity either. I do think Dain will have success. Same with Cross. EY and Wolfe I am way less high on.

Cross is going to be a star for obvious reasons.

Uw4nBo9.gif

Dain might be fine, but he's kind of a random big dude who'd have to reinvent himself to be interesting on the main roster - he can't really compete with someone like Strowman.

Considering how both of their debuts were handled, I think that's the direction they are going.

I agree and I think it was actually a really good way to go about it... because it helps Aleister Black too because as great as he is he was getting so fucking boring, so o debuting and having a competitive fight with Black is good for Black and a good way to be introduced even in a losing cause, especially if they team up as a result. The dethroning AoP say by the Survivor Series TakeOver (or earlier) is a perfect story.

Cross is going to be a star for obvious reasons.

thatsmyfetish.gif

Dain might be fine, but he's kind of a random big dude who'd have to reinvent himself to be interesting on the main roster - he can't really compete with someone like Strowman.

Having seen him elsewhere I think he's totally capable of competing with guys like Joe and Strowman. He can be that level of monster/killer if they give him the opportunity to be.

I agree and I think it was actually a really good way to go about it... because it helps Aleister Black too because as great as he is he was getting so fucking boring, so o debuting and having a competitive fight with Black is good for Black and a good way to be introduced even in a losing cause, especially if they team up as a result. The dethroning AoP say by the Survivor Series TakeOver (or earlier) is a perfect story.

I think if the Dusty Classic even happens this year, it's solely as a vehicle to push them.

Angry Grimace

Having seen him elsewhere I think he's totally capable of competing with guys like Joe and Strowman. He can be that level of monster/killer if they give him the opportunity to be.

I mean, Joe is a special talent - he always seemed like a lock for main roster success once Vince gave him literally any opportunity because he's one of the rare guys that can actually sell being a legit badass instead of a goofball like Rollins/Ambrose/etc. Like wrestling is silly and there's only so many guys that can do a promo segment with Lesnar and not have to carry it with jokes.

A black son, like let that sink in someone was paid to come up with that.

I'm glad Dave was wrong about it leading to a Steph appearance/HHH match

Unless it still does, and we get another super-despicable "you people" promo from Everyone's Favorite Vince Replacement Who's Definitely Doing Better This Time

Angry Grimace

A black son, like let that sink in someone was paid to come up with that.

Why would it matter at all that Jordan is black? Isn't Jason Jordan mixed race anyways?

I'm glad Dave was wrong about it leading to a Steph appearance/HHH match

Unless it still does, and we get another super-despicable "you people" promo from Everyone's Favorite Vince Replacement Who's Definitely Doing Better This Time

I still feel this is somehow leading to an Angle match. If he can pass their physicals (and he's been out of action for months) there's 0 reason they wouldn't throw Angle out there in a match.

I think if the Dusty Classic even happens this year, it's solely as a vehicle to push them.

Hope so.

KOR has been a fav of mine ever since I got to see him do two indie shows here in Van, including what was a TakeOver Main event quality near 30 min match where he won the company's main title because it was on his before I go full pro bucket list. He's fucking fantastic.

I'm honestly really stoked for Abigail (despite not being into bigger characters generally)

The outrage is kind of hilarious. You'd think they molded him from the leftover assets of Mega Man Legends 3

Top Bottom