• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Kurt angle having a inlegitimate black son is as dumb as one can get that like tna levels of bad. Like that fucking stupid,

Dude... they literally made zero reference to it. It was just I had a fling in college and she had a child at a young age and gave him up for adoption and now he's Jason Jordan...

Like this is not some sleezy story, it's just a reallllllllly boring one because Jason Jordan is boring.

Hex

Banned
You know who would fit in LIJ really well?
220px-%E3%83%95%E3%82%B8%E3%82%BF%E2%80%9CJr%E2%80%9D%E3%83%8F%E3%83%A4.jpg

they can kick out bushi to keep the group small

Bushi is awesome, get bent.

Kurt angle having a inlegitimate black son is as dumb as one can get that like tna levels of bad. Like that fucking stupid,

Nah. WWE definitely had stuff that was worse than TNA levels today, but that wasn't it.

(For reference of what I'm talking about, today marks the 28th day WWE hasn't used Gran Metallik on TV. Say whatever you want about how TNA booked people like Okada and Punk and the Young Bucks, at least they had matches and storylines and were on TV and in Okada's case was on an excursion. They were used, and not signed just so nobody else could have them.)

Pikma

Banned
I don't think that highly of Sanity either. I do think Dain will have success. Same with Cross. EY and Wolfe I am way less high on.
I disagree, I think all 4 guys are really really good at what they do, like, every role is incredibly well filled. Wolfe for example is very underrated imo.

And speaking of underrated where the hell is Buddy Murphy? I miss that guy

Heroman

Banned
Dude... they literally made zero reference to it. It was just I had a fling in college and she had a child at a young age and gave him up for adoption and now he's Jason Jordan...

Like this is not some sleezy story, it's just a reallllllllly boring one because Jason Jordan is boring.
That fucking stupid, it makes a already fakes ass show become even more fake ass fuck . It's like a shit day time soap opera

Hex

Banned

It really does feel really out of left field.
It has to be some wild hair idea that someone came up with and they are forcing it through.
Whether it was Vince, or Steph (HHH is better than this) or someone else.

I disagree, I think all 4 guys are really really good at what they do, like, every role is incredibly well filled. Wolfe for example is very underrated imo.

And speaking of underrated where the hell is Buddy Murphy? I miss that guy
Blake and Murphy's complete vanishing after they lost the belts is so confusing. I guess Alexa really was the only thing they had going for them.

It really does feel really out of left field.
It has to be some wild hair idea that someone came up with and they are forcing it through.
Whether it was Vince, or Steph (HHH is better than this) or someone else.

I mean not really it's more their wrestling style that made either of them the obvious choice for this kind of story. They've been Angleish from day one is H

Like it's not a coincidence people thought one of them might be the reveal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Blake and Murphy's complete vanishing after they lost the belts is so confusing. I guess Alexa really was the only thing they had going for them.

It was always a vehicle to get Alexa Bliss over. Granted, Murphy is marrying Alexa and Blake is marrying that girl that won Tough Enough so its not like they didn't get anything out of the whole deal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And now it is what is killing them.

They're not. They're still profitable.

The narrative that NJPW is destroying them is funny, but also not true. NJPW is like a distant second to WWE. Meltzer says it all of the time when he criticizes their foolish attempt to expand into the US.

Hex

Banned
I mean not really it's more their wrestling style that made either of them the obvious choice for this kind of story. They've been Angleish from day one is H

Like it's not a coincidence people thought one of them might be the reveal.

I remember how everyone used to say how they wanted Angle to come back and manage AA or work with them.

No not really cause one reason of the main reasons I hate this is that it is so fucking fake as well as being super dumb.

I mean it's dumb no matter who the fake kid was.

It is especially dumb because Jason Jordan has negative charisma and mic skills and this is a complete acting angle that is completely out of the ring.

Heroman

Banned
They're not. They're still profitable.

The narrative that NJPW is destroying them is funny, but also not true. NJPW is like a distant second to WWE. Meltzer says it all of the time when he criticizes their foolish attempt to expand into the US.
It not like they just had record low ratings or anything and are way less popular but hey

And lol at that NJPW stuff

Hex

Banned
So a certain someone believes that this Angle...err..angle....is a copy of the Claire/AJ story back in TNA.
They guessed wrong about who the mother would be, but I can very much see it.
Angle being taken advantage of for weeks until it becomes evident.

It not like they just had record low ratings or anything and are way less popular but hey

They've actually had decent ratings recently.

Not sure why you're so obsessed with a product you don't enjoy when there is so much product you do enjoy out there.

Emma also not happy

As I posted earlier, that wasn't the first tweet from her, and also Summer Rae did an Insta Live video where she said she wasn't flown in, she has been ready to return for a while, but the decision on when or even if she does isn't up to her

I expect both gone within the next calendar year, just a question of who's canned first. Post-MYC is going to lead to them having even less chance of TV time, and no matter what WWE fans think about the state of the company's finances, the fact is they can't hold talent hostage forever. Aries won't be the last rumored to ask for their release, and more will absolutely be granted, especially when the TV deal changes

Rimfya

Banned
Tag Team Breakups From Jan 1 Up To July 17: American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, Goldust and R-Truth, Kevin Owens and Jericho, Vaudevillains, Wyatt Family

(Counting NXT, DIY also broke up)

That's enough broken up tag teams to form new tag teams out of the pieces.

Who doesn't want to see JerEnzo vs Luke Harper and ... Big Cass?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
is it possible drifter and jinder are old school and when they heard about finn being embarrassed of wrestling they decided to kick it old school

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm down for The Shield to officially reunite sans Roman. Dean and Seth on a 5-6 month tear until Royal Rumble would be good for their characters that have nowhere really to go.

Big Show and Enzo would be an okay holdover and could serve as a face team but I'm guessing both are "fed" to Cass for the next few months.

UberTag

No not really cause one reason of the main reasons I hate this is that it is so fucking fake as well as being super dumb.
If you can survive Katie Vick, you can survive this.
Or you can choose not to reward the WWE with your money. That would also send a statement that you do not approve of them being fucking fake and super dumb.

I remember how everyone used to say how they wanted Angle to come back and manage AA or work with them.
I don't recall any of those suggestions advocating that they split up AA or make Jordan his illegitimate son... but, hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

That's enough broken up tag teams to form new tag teams out of the pieces.

Who doesn't want to see JerEnzo vs Luke Harper and ... Big Cass?

I'd settle for them giving Harper TV time.

Speaking of Emma/Summer/Aries, that's another guy who's 1) not getting anything to work with and 2) seemingly unhappy about it. Absolutely fucked up because he's one of the people I've been saying for years could be great solo from the Wyatts, but they only seem to care about him when he's with Bray

His movie had its world premiere at Fantasia Saturday and they didn't even hype it up or promote it on the site. Here's an interview he did with BirthMoviesDeath after the premiere http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07...er-a.k.a.-luke-harper-talks-his-mohawk-acting And I hope people watch it when it's out on DVD/Amazon Prime

Angry Grimace

Well, one needs to remind you of this, since you're the resident NJPW mark that literally makes things up to defend them at all times. Like, you actually just say "NJPW pays just as well as WWE!" all of the time without any actual basis for this other than "I like NJPW better so obviously they pay just as good."

Hex

Banned
If you can survive Katie Vick, you can survive this.
Or you can choose not to reward the WWE with your money. That would also send a statement that you do not approve of them being fucking fake and super dumb.

I don't recall any of those suggestions advocating that they split up AA or make Jordan his illegitimate son... but, hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

exactly. Leaved it to WWE to fuck up something so easy that could have been great

Angry Grimace

I have to admit it warms the cockles of my heart that Kurt Angle is still around and alive to do these absurd Vince storylines. I had him on my Death Watch for a long time so seeing him able to be on national TV again is just great.

Hasney

I don't know why they always give Kurt "Not a fan of the black people" Angle the worst shot to work with. Shame it hasn't been 20 years since Sharmell "molested" him or it could have been hers.

Angry Grimace

I don't know why they always give Kurt "Not a fan of the black people" Angle the worst shot to work with. Shame it hasn't been 20 years since Sharmell "molested" him or it could have been hers.

I would be very surprised if WWE considers that entire angle canon. Angle's career has a lot of questionable shit in it to begin with; e.g. him putting Sensational Sherri in the Angle Lock for no apparent reason.

Top Bottom