• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

He kinda sucked that night. Yoshi Hashi did a better job on Night 1.

I think they were hoping Korakuen would give YOSHI a stronger reaction, but he doesn't have the same momentum that he did last year and Naito's just too crazy popular.

Also, it was technically a half-Destino he kicked out of, Ibushi kicked out of the running Destino - no one's yet kicked out of the standing one.

klonere

Banned
I think they were hoping Korakuen would give YOSHI a stronger reaction, but he doesn't have the same momentum that he did last year and Naito's just too crazy popular.

Also, it was technically a half-Destino he kicked out of, Ibushi kicked out of the running Destino - no one's yet kicked out of the standing one.

I think the key is if he gets the full windup with the other guys arm. It's like the differentiation between a full Rainmaker and half Rainmaker - full grip of wrist, windup and follow through.

Jamie OD

A thought occurred to me after reading general criticism about too many matches involve spamming finishing moves now. And this thought involves Minoru Suzuki. Has Suzuki ever kicked out of a finisher? After his match with Omega I looked back at his other singles losses over the last couple of years and I think in every single one where he was beaten clean he pinned once after the opponent's finishing move and that was it. Now, Omega's One Winged Angel and Okada's Rainmaker are heavily protected but then there are the losses to Shibata, Marufuji, Sugiura and Tanahashi where I can't remember him kicking out of their finishers. So if that's the case then I've figured out the key to Suzuki's tough demeanor. He's a glass cannon. Sure he can take hits and not budge but once he breaks then that is it for him.

Yeah, even if it's only for a few people, I like when finishers actually finish matches

By far my biggest bone to pick with modern wrestling (especially New Japan and WWE) is a lot of matches needing multiple finishers

I would hate to be a lower card guy going up against Naito. But yeah, people like Naito a lot more.

GunBR

I'm feeling like a Slowpoke because only now I found out that Talking Smack won't be airing every week anymore

I can't believe they cancelled the best show of the company and one of the main reasons why SD was better than Raw (most of the time)

Hasney

It doesn't help that NJPW is very much a heel promotion right now. Most cheered people during the G1 were Suzuki, Naito, Yano and Kenny. Only really Tanahashi is a face that's over.

klonere

Banned
A thought occurred to me after reading general criticism about too many matches involve spamming finishing moves now. And this thought involves Minoru Suzuki. Has Suzuki ever kicked out of a finisher? After his match with Omega I looked back at his other singles losses over the last couple of years and I think in every single one where he was beaten clean he pinned once after the opponent's finishing move and that was it. Now, Omega's One Winged Angel and Okada's Rainmaker are heavily protected but then there are the losses to Shibata, Marufuji, Sugiura and Tanahashi where I can't remember him kicking out of their finishers. So if that's the case then I've figured out the key to Suzuki's tough demeanor. He's a glass cannon. Sure he can take hits and not budge but once he breaks then that is it for him.

A 30+ minute Marufuji match almost guarantees a finsher kickout. I'm pretty sure Suzuki kicked out of a Pole Shift in the last title match they had.

Then again, Marufuji has like, 4 finishers?

Hex

Banned
If they could just get one dude as intimidating as Suzuki... Jesus.

The best thing about Suzuki is that everyone respects him and sells it.
From the biggest guy to the most over guy, they all put Suzuki over as the badass as he deserves.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, even if it's only for a few people, I like when finishers actually finish matches

By far my biggest bone to pick with modern wrestling (especially New Japan and WWE) is a lot of matches needing multiple finishers

Yep. It sucks.

In fact I'd love it if someone like John Cena had a match where he needed 4 or 5 AA's and then came back next week on a montage with him on a training retreat to find a new, actual, finishing move because the AA just wouldn't cut it anymore.

A 30+ minute Marufuji match almost guarantees a finsher kickout. I'm pretty sure Suzuki kicked out of a Pole Shift in the last title match they had.

Then again, Marufuji has like, 4 finishers?

As klonere said, it depends on what you count as Marufuji's finisher? Is it the shiranui? He doesn't go for that too frequently during a match. Is it the Ko-oh? I so, then he hits as fairly often, though not as often as Miyahara hits his knee strike. Is it the Flowsion? Is it he Pole Shift?

I'd recommend AJPW. When Miyahara hits the Shutdown German or SUWAMA the Last Ride or Ishikawa the Splash Mountain, the match is almost always over.

Go King's Road style, I guess.

Edit: fucking triple post. I guess I am now Triple H. And y'all need to post more.

BZZbvFnCMAAaaT1.jpg

Anth0ny

Bray Wyatt, who accomplishes nothing except cheat on his wife?

The only person who would be intimidated by Bray Wyatt is his divorce attorney because he's going to pay alimony out of his ass for years.

Avengers23, I have no followers. I have only brothers and sisters, all in the name of cause. People are sheep, you understand me. They can't lead themselves, they need to be led. People buy and sell fear. They worship war, they crave war, but I'm not afraid of their wars. I created war. And I think it's time for the masses to wake up. Wake up. WAKE UP! Wake up and look at this lie they're living in, man! The world is deteriorating between their toes and they do nothing about it. They only stand there. They whisper and wonder but they never do anything about it. I've seen it all in my dreams and in my thoughts and above everything else I understand that this is not a beginning; it's the end.

Avengers23, I have no followers. I have only brothers and sisters, all in the name of cause. People are sheep, you understand me. They can't lead themselves, they need to be led. People buy and sell fear. They worship war, they crave war, but I'm not afraid of their wars. I created war. And I think it's time for the masses to wake up. Wake up. WAKE UP! Wake up and look at this lie they're living in, man! The world is deteriorating between their toes and they do nothing about it. They only stand there. They whisper and wonder but they never do anything about it. I've seen it all in my dreams and in my thoughts and above everything else I understand that this is not a beginning; it's the end.

blahblah.png

Eater of Worlds, my ass. Eater of Buffets, more like.

Eater of JoJo's ass? Is Bray Wyatt part of Sunny Mac's Booty Eating Renaissance?

Talking Smack got cancelled because D Brine came back and then they took him off the next week to have Shane and the Usos and Baron Corbin on and got mad that people didn't watch.

Anth0ny

Talking Smack got cancelled because D Brine came back and then they took him off the next week to have Shane and the Usos and Baron Corbin on and got mad that people didn't watch.

Vince couldn't understand why having one of their top tier talents hosting the show wasn't drawing while Bryan was gone.

Syder

I would just like to remind everyone that WrassleGAF liked Bray before he got Cena'd
I mean, duh?

Great gimmick. One of the most original and interesting ever.

He got Cena'd and Taker'd in consecutive years, that paired with constantly eating pins makes you look like a joke.

Hey my brothers and sisters, and brothers with the mannerisms of sisters!

Hope you all had a good week...

I been going really hard the last 48 hours with Fire Pro Wrestling World...Im a newbie and i play with an arcade stick, so im still pretty much not very good...

But i been downloading wrestlers off the steamwork shop like crazy and lost a match using El Generico against Ibushi, in a match that had a 85 percent match evaluation. Then i beat Daniel Bryan with the king of strong style . That little jokerHe took almost 6 running knee strikes to the head to win! I may of killed him, but the crowd clearly was going wild!

The other match i had, which was exciting was Dusty Rhodes Vs Tully Blanchard in a light tubes and explosive boards death match! I lost but it was a blood bath. Dusty ran into light tubes twice! CZW CZW CZW!

In summary, this game is the shit.

With the whole Jojo thing Bray should be called The Eater of Ass!!!!!!!!!

normal_102314-278.jpg

53-teeth62.jpg

Already got there, fam.

Hey my brothers and sisters, and brothers with the mannerisms of sisters!

Hope you all had a good week...

I been going really hard the last 48 hours with Fire Pro Wrestling World...Im a newbie and i play with an arcade stick, so im still pretty much not very good...

But i been downloading wrestlers off the steamwork shop like crazy and lost a match using El Generico against Ibushi, in a match that had a 85 percent match evaluation. Then i beat Daniel Bryan with the king of strong style . That little jokerHe took almost 6 running knee strikes to the head to win! I may of killed him, but the crowd clearly was going wild!

The other match i had, which was exciting was Dusty Rhodes Vs Tully Blanchard in a light tubes and explosive boards death match! I lost but it was a blood bath. Dusty ran into light tubes twice! CZW CZW CZW!

In summary, this game is the shit.

Friend has reminded me of the Generico vs. Ibushi sequence from this match: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA

Top Bottom