• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

I enjoy his matches.

His style is like...completely safe. Looks like it hurts like hell. And adds way more drama without all the kickouts since he usually does submissions.

It's phenomenal and no one does it better.

Love it.

Great body part wrestling is best wrestling

So you bring Naito to the US and don't give him a single win or the crowd a single Destino.

Why the hell did Jay White get the win o_O

It was a great LIJ tag until a shitty finish.

Crowd had zero reaction to the finish there.

Yo fuck yes to Haku though.

Since the event is over what are the good matches that took place over the weekend for me to watch today?

Night 1:
Definitely watch
Naito/Ishii
Omega/Elgin
ZSJ/Juice

Watch if you have time:
G.O.D. vs War Machine
Cody/Okada.

Night 2 (still watching so so far)

Omega/Lethal
ZSJ/Ishii
The big LIJ tag even if the finish sucks.

Will update list as I go.

Night 1:
Definitely watch
Naito/Ishii
Omega/Elgin
ZSJ/Juice

Watch if you have time:
G.O.D. vs War Machine
Cody/Okada.

Night 2 (still watching so so far)

Omega/Lethal
ZSJ/Ishii
The big LIJ tag even if the finish sucks.

Will update list as I go.
Thank you ma'am, anything 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 more?

Thank you ma'am, anything 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 more?

Not yet but not at night 2 main yet.

A few 4-4.5

Add Bucks vs RPG to must see despite some shitty camera work.

Oh god Ricochet needs to be kept away from a mic. Well except him shitting on Lucha Underground lmao.

Woah no more RPG Vice

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I finally watched Okada vs Kenny 1 (from WK)...

why are these nice gentlemen trying to kill each other? that doesnt seem very nice. For realsies tho, what the fuck was that insanity? I have no words.

And you guys say the second is better?

so I finally watched Okada vs Kenny 1 (from WK)...

why are these nice gentlemen trying to kill each other? that doesnt seem very nice. For realsies tho, what the fuck was that insanity? I have no words.

And you guys say the second is better?

Yep.

Don't watch em back to back tho. Give a bit of space between the two. Like a few days.

Y'all keep talking dollars and cents, but forget to take into account the travel/work schedule. I'd imagine Omega is ok with his "mid card money" while not needing to work 300+ days a year.

Not to mention NJPW pays for hotel and flights

I remember MVP said on a podcast he was paid 20k plus travel to work a WK preshow

Night 2 was a top notch show I reckon.

Night 2 was exactly what I wanted night 1 to be.

Vastly better show.

Production crew was a bit more on the ball

Even commentary was better.

Still a bit of shoddy camera work and angle cuts buuuut not enough to detract like night 1.

Night 2 was probably the 3rd or 4th best NJPW show of the year.

Tanahashi vs Gunn being the only real detraction.

Zach

Yep...this was definitely some TNA level selling.

gOusa9D.gif
Haha, winning a world title (right?) with a second rope maneuver. I love it.

Hangman/ Lethal/ Ass man need to all be chucked from NJPW

Weirdly enough both Page and Lethal had much better performances on Night 2, probably didn't hurt that Lethal got to fight Kenny Omega and Page had his faults hidden in a big tag match.

But yeah Billy Gunn can go fly a kite

I will give TNA this: the World X Cup and Super X Cup were always pretty cool, even if the company didn't know what to do with the talent outside of the tournaments.

JEEZUS Marufuji.

Beefy

Weirdly enough both Page and Lethal had much better performances on Night 2, probably didn't hurt that Lethal got to fight Kenny Omega and Page had his faults hidden in a big tag match.

But yeah Billy Gunn can go fly a kite

None of them are there all that often really.

Honestly Hangman was getting better over the laat 6 months but he fucking stunk up the joint this weekend. Not sure what happened.

Hangman needs a name change at least. Being a brother I can't get past how linked to racism it is.

I really dont mind him. Just disappointed with how he went over the specials.

Cant believe Meltzer did a WOR today.

He shouldn't have.

But that's dedication.

Wish they had held off so he could grieve properly

Also so he could see both nights in full. Missed his input on the big matches :(

That opener tag with LAX, team NOAH, team AAA, and Garza Jr. and Laredo Kid was pretty good, but it didn't quite reach the heights I had hoped.

Not-Abyss sounds like Dave Lang.

Awww that Top Rope Meltzer Driver to the Outside is apparently called the Herb Meltzer Driver.

Bucks built the match as a tribute to Dave's Dad

The Meltzer family watched the Bucks match together and the match made them cry. Goddamn The Bucks are the best.

Beefy

I watched 3 mins of TNA, soon as the eagle flied in the ring and the shit announcers started shouting. That was it for mw.

Top Bottom