• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you're all excited they gave kenny a madeup belt just so they wouldnt have to give him the iwgp belt?
like the exact reason they gave nakamura the IC title?

Fox318

HE DID IT, YOU GUYS! HE ACTUALLY DID IT!
01_David_Arquette.jpg

Hex

Banned
People still think Omega is WWE bound in January?

According to his mouth two weekends ago he was not interested in anything the WWE had to offer at this point in his career.
His words. He is making strong money, he is building his name and his value.

Anth0ny

People still think Omega is WWE bound in January?

we can only pray that he won't make that mistake

new japan will be selling out 20k seat venues in North America over the next 5 years

also I'm 2 hours into the benoit lapsed fan and I don't know if I have it in me to keep going. so fucking dark and depressing :(

Syder

also I'm 2 hours into the benoit lapsed fan and I don't know if I have it in me to keep going. so fucking dark and depressing :(
I finished Part 1, it's pretty fucking bad in that sense. Learning a lot of new things about the case though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
not at all

I think the IC belt is fine. Don't mind it as a secondary. But the US belt and NEVER are midcard titles in which Omega should never hold.

That's what I'm saying. I'm surprised people are happy with Omega winning the US belt. That belt might as well have a post-it note.

'You're never winning the IWGP title. But here's this belt so you wont go to Vince - Gedo'

Debuting a title is always weird but it depends how they build it over the coming months and what they use it for. But yeah it aint the HW title and it makes the G1 a bit more predictable.

That's what I'm saying. I'm surprised people are happy with Omega winning the US belt. That belt might as well have a post-it note.

'You're never winning the IWGP title. But here's this belt so you wont go to Vince - Gedo'

sorry, I mean to say that I am not counterpointing you at all, I agree with you

MG310

Marty Scurll kissed Cody and Jay Briscoe had to tag out.

Cody being 80% of the way to acting like Stardust works a lot better in this situation than main eventing with Okada.

Toki767

Watching yesterday's NJPW show.

It's kind of painful hearing JR on commentary. Kind of feels like American commentary doesn't really go well with Japanese wrestling. Plus you can tell he doesn't watch ROH lol

Fantomex

This is the part we're some of you look like dense for lack of a better word.

They give the belt to an ok star, "the belt doesn't mean anything they gave it to so and so midcarder, this thing is dead on arrival".

They give the belt to a superstar. "Wow their wasting that belt on so and so. It's just a placeholder, the heavyweight is the true belt."

I'm so glad you guys aren't in charge of any wrestling organization.

Fantomex

Catch feels over internet posts about your favorite wrestler.

Not at all. You just never admit when you're wrong. You probably got all the WCW tapes in your VCR still. Tell us about the good old days when wrestling was good Uncle Data. About Murcielago being a legend before El Santo even debuted and being the first Luchador to wear a mask. Back when wrestling. Was real wrestling.

Hex

Banned

It's kind of painful hearing JR on commentary. Kind of feels like American commentary doesn't really go well with Japanese wrestling. Plus you can tell he doesn't watch ROH lol

It would, if he respected the roster enough to learn and watch them and not have a cheat sheet that looks like something for challenged individuals who can not process reading for one reason or another who can not read at the local McDonalds.
Watch a 10 minute youtube video on each person, and you would be infinitely more informed then Ross.
And while some knuckle dragging Coors light swilling clown dicked carny assgoblins may be like "Herp derp that's good ol' JR he just said DX and NWO, and every five minute talks about some other has been who is totally irrelevant to the situation because his palsy addled grey matter should be in a home somewhere selling his BBQ sauce online and not calling these huge events.
It is worse because companies keep him for special events so he will never eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevaaaaar be in good practice agaaaaaaaain.

muNqRFd.gif

Anyone have a gif of Ishii bitting the rope to try to avoid the dragonplex?

That moment and when he got the ropebreak on his match against ZSJ showed why he is so damn great.

Anth0ny

We all are used to 1998 peak form JR, fully produced, working not only as the best play by play man in the business but also the head of talent relations. Dude was about 1000x more invested in WWF at the time, and it helps that he was 20 years younger too.

So yeah, we aren't going to get that JR, and it sucks. I wish they could have got Mauro, and hopefully they still will in the future, because there was a HUGE disconnect between the excitement happening in the ring and the two commentators calling the match.

They need to get John Pollock on the call, tbh. Dude's been doing a 1 man podcast reviewing every night of the G1 for years now. He is super into the product and has a great voice.

Top Bottom