• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

GunBR

Then why even have the wrestling? WWE may as well be a soap opera with more dudes without shirts if this is how you view it.
I'm probably in the minority in WrassleGAF, but I see the promos and stories way more important than the ring work

AJ and Nakamura are great on the ring, but why should I care if they're fighting against each other at some big pay per view?
I need a story, I need a reason to why these guys want to punch each other in the face, even if it's a extremely dumb reason (like almost always is a dumb reason)

Sephzilla

Vince obviously wants to get away from actual wrestling as much as he humanly can. That's why the WBF and XFL existed and why there's so many WWE Network shows that are about everyone doing anything other than wrestling.

He's still desperately trying to prove to daddy that he made wrestling something bigger

If Vince could get away from wrestling he would.

I would love to actually know if he actually enjoys raw or wrestling.

I think he enjoys wrestling. (Maybe not as much as hardcore fans do) He's been watching/leading a wrestling promotion almost all of his life. I'm sure he gets bored of it

I think Australia has a whole heap of utter shit cunts (especially in the north eastern part of the country) but it is also so diverse that anyone who leaves the house and talks to other people will basically have to reject all forms of bigotry. I might work in mental health where we are all so damaged already that ultra-sensitivity and empathy are the order of the day but still. It is astounding people hold on to such garbage views when you can just talk to people you see every day.

It annoys me too that it is like, I have my view of the world and my own philosophy but I know it is limited by the things I have experienced and witnessed/interpreted. People cling to their view of reality so much they argue but I think, everyone has this personal view of the world. The more we listen and communicate with each other the more we expand our view of the world and the more we learn. Rather than clinging to whatever has presented itself. I hope that doesn't sound convoluted. I want to rephrase this whole post much more aggressively and angrily because it has been angering me for a long time but I shouldn't.

#wrestling

Think in terms of a TV show: New Japan is a procedural and WWE is serialised - in NJPW the execution itself is the story, whereas in WWE it's just a means to further the story.

This really nails it

I'm probably in the minority in WrassleGAF, but I see the promos and stories way more important than the ring work

AJ and Nakamura are great on the ring, but why should I care if they're fighting against each other at some big pay per view?
I need a story, I need a reason to why these guys want to punch each other in the face, even if it's a extremely dumb reason (like almost always is a dumb reason)

I don't think the implication is WWE needs to drop all promos, but that they rely too much on them. They drive a huge portion of the show and are pretty much the primary way of WWE furthering a story. You can do a lot more to further a story than to have a person stand in the ring for 20 minutes reading a script. Just think about stuff with Braun causing havoc in the back, or with The Nexus.

Egg0

Banned
If you think about it all weather is the same

The-Wire-Wee-Bey-OMG-1470610504.gif

Sephzilla

I miss when WWF/WWE at least pretended like it was still a sport. One of my favorite things about the New Generation era was that they still attempted to maintain some level of suspension of disbelief.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's very rare to see a good wrestling shirt.

It's damn near impossible to find an anime shirt that doesn't scream "basement-dweller".

Kaladin

NXT is the only WWE show I watch weekly now. I haven't watched Raw in at least a month. The last Smackdown I saw any of was after MITB and that was just for the MITB match.

Kaladin

It's very rare to see a good wrestling shirt.

It's damn near impossible to find an anime shirt that doesn't scream "basement-dweller".

honkytonkman1006.jpg

Good wrestling shirt. Bonus points for not being black. I can't count the number of black t-shirts I have thanks to wrestling and music shirts.

Sephzilla

Yeah, if you're wearing an anime shirt and you're older than 16 years old you're going to get that look no matter what. I saw an average adult walking around on 4th of July with the classic purple Macho Man shirt and nobody even cared

Yeah, if you're wearing an anime shirt and you're older than 16 years old you're going to get that look no matter what. I saw an average adult walking around on 4th of July with the classic purple Macho Man shirt and nobody even cared
Probably the most #safe shirt of all time.

jmdajr

I'm team DBZ t-shirt. There is more hype for the tournament of power than any fucking "real life" pro wrestling story line on this planet.

Kind hype for Bock and Samoa

Bronx-Man

Banned

That's because the Macho Man is one of the rare good wrasslin' tees. I get complimented on it all the time at parties, see also my LOS tee.

Zach

Am playing through Blood and Wine

It's a good time.

honkytonkman1006.jpg

Good wrestling shirt. Bonus points for not being black. I can't count the number of black t-shirts I have thanks to wrestling and music shirts.

I'd just tell people it's a Dwight Yoakam shirt. >_>

But seriously, that shirt shouldn't be worn by a grown man. It looks childish. You've really rubbed me the wrong way, Motley Cruz.

Kaladin

It's a good time.

I'd just tell people it's a Dwight Yoakam shirt. >_>

But seriously, that shirt shouldn't be worn by a grown man. It looks childish. You've really rubbed me the wrong way, Motley Cruz.

Eh, you're kinda right.....this is a better design.

honkytonkman1003.jpg

Top Bottom