• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

I agree here, they're two completely different shows. It's like when people try to compared Breaking Bad with The Wire, they're just different.

I watch WWE to zone out and see some schlocky wrestling
I watch NJPW for match work and because it reminds me of older WCW/NWA/WWF
I watch Progress because it's just a lot of fun

Bingo.

WWE is the horror movie of wrestling...
NJPW is the art film
And the indies are well indies

WWE is for talking
NJPW is for working
Indies are for fucking around

It's why Jinder as WWE Champion is fun and the thought of Cody as IWGP Champion was horrifying

Heroman

Banned
I agree here, they're two completely different shows. It's like when people try to compared Breaking Bad with The Wire, they're just different.

I watch WWE to zone out and see some schlocky wrestling
I watch NJPW for match work and because it reminds me of older WCW/NWA/WWF
I watch Progress because it's just a lot of fun
They are really not that different.

This just made me think, could you imagine how fucked Vince would be if the wrestlers finally got their shit together and unionized?

It is something that upsets me. Unions are looked down on or outright hated in various countries and sure, sometimes unions are a bunch of entitled cunts (honestly and especially in the power industry) but they are necessary to make sure you don't get fucked.

I was a union rep for the retail industry here for a number of years.

Sephzilla

It is something that upsets me. Unions are looked down on or outright hated in various countries and sure, sometimes unions are a bunch of entitled cunts (honestly and especially in the power industry) but they are necessary to make sure you don't get fucked.

I was a union rep for the retail industry here for a number of years.

America has a giant hate boner for unions these days. And then the complain when their employer stiffs them on pay and benefits.

America has a giant hate boner for unions these days. And then the complain when their employer stiffs them on pay and benefits.

I mentioned it on here before, a buddy of mine from America on another forum came out here and crashed with me for a few weeks for a holiday and constantly talked shit about unions. I really don't get it. If we didn't have unions here so many people would get roughly fucked.

Unions do take advantage and it plays into Australian politics in a lot of weird ways, but still. I can't imagine being part of a workforce that isn't unionized. Unless you have a government job of sorts.

John Cena would adjust attitudes and bury that unionization effort like he buried Wade Barrett.

Yeah, as I've said before: Cena would be the new Hogan and immediately snitch any union attempt. As long as he's around, it stands less than no chance. Another reason why we should Let Reigns retire Cena at Mania

And I don't care how accurate it is, please don't compare my favorite genre (horror movies) to the worst company (WWE)

Foggy

I'd agree that WWE and other styles of wrestling are radically different, but I wouldn't really just say that it's just a difference of approach at this point. Even taking WWE's approach in and of itself, they're still demonstrably bad at their own approach. They're like that tv show or comic book that had better days but people keep up with it because of the watercooler effect and/or there are brief flashes of excellence that string everyone along.

Heroman

Banned
Ummmm

Yes they are.

NJPW tells like 90% of its story in ring and demphasizes promos

WWE tells 90% of its story in promos and puts less emphasis on work rate.
They follow the same basic idea of pro wrestling , there are difference here and there but it still pro wrestling.

Sephzilla

I mentioned it on here before, a buddy of mine from America on another forum came out here and crashed with me for a few weeks for a holiday and constantly talked shit about unions. I really don't get it. If we didn't have unions here so many people would get roughly fucked.

Unions do take advantage and it plays into Australian politics in a lot of weird ways, but still. I can't imagine being part of a workforce that isn't unionized. Unless you have a government job of sorts.

Yeah, the benefits of unions outweigh the negatives by a lot. America has become so incredibly fucking backwards in the last 5-10 years. Our educational system has failed.

They follow the same basic idea of pro wrestling , there are difference here and there but it still pro wrestling.

o_O

Ooooook.

I thought WWE was hockey my bad.

Saying they're both wrestling is an empty reason to say they aren't really different

We're both human but that doesn't make us basically the same.

Foggy

In an ideal world, both La La Land and Friday the 13th, despite their differences, don't actively tell their audience they're dummies for watching the movie.

If anything, WWE is the transgressive arthouse movie. Lars Von Trier unleashed.

Sephzilla

Holy fuck, someone's making a game where you're a normal dude trying to survive a fucking Kaiju attack from Godzilla / Gamera / an EVA? GOTY confirmed

jmdajr

Yeah, the benefits of unions outweigh the negatives by a lot. America has become so incredibly fucking backwards in the last 5-10 years. Our educational system has failed.

I don't remember my education being insane. Then again, I went to catholic school, it was a different kind of crazy. I guess being in a 99% Hispanic community sheltered me from all this fucked up shit out there today, as did the fact that it was a private school.

I don't know man. So much disappointing shit everywhere. Even wrestling can't save us! Hell, it's part of the problem! We have a fucking carny in the white house!

The Presidency has been so devalued it's nuts. It's been Jack Swaggered.
We the People!

I smell commie talk in here

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd agree that WWE and other styles of wrestling are radically different, but I wouldn't really just say that it's just a difference of approach at this point. Even taking WWE's approach in and of itself, they're still demonstrably bad at their own approach. They're like that tv show or comic book that had better days but people keep up with it because of the watercooler effect and/or there are brief flashes of excellence that string everyone along.

I agree. They are shit at producing the type of TV they produce. For the most part, it is really terrible.

It is a shame. Unionization makes a lot of difference (even if people do take aggressive advantage of it and almost shame it for others). People say industries like wrestling would be fucked but they would adapt and survive and the people we actually like would be better off instead of cunts like Vince, Dunn, Hayes etc. It would take some work though.

I don't know, it really fucking pisses me off on a lot of levels.

Then why even have the wrestling? WWE may as well be a soap opera with more dudes without shirts if this is how you view it.

I mean if WWE wanted to be more like NJPW that'd be fine too...

I just don't need it to because I have NJPW thus I enjoy WWE for other reasons.

WWE is in fact a soap opera

Sephzilla

All of those "big profits" WWE makes would vanish really quick if Vince had to do simple things like give his primary employees health insurance

Heroman

Banned
o_O

Ooooook.

I thought WWE was hockey my bad.

Saying they're both wrestling is an empty reason to say they aren't really different

We're both human but that doesn't make us basically the same.
But human really aren't that different from each from the genetic and even social level. Like we're and NJPW follow the same basic role of pro wrestling it just one does a better job than the othet

Yeah, as I've said before: Cena would be the new Hogan and immediately snitch any union attempt. As long as he's around, it stands less than no chance. Another reason why we should Let Reigns retire Cena at Mania

And I don't care how accurate it is, please don't compare my favorite genre (horror movies) to the worst company (WWE)

As if Reigns wouldn't snitch the moment he got a whiff.

Sierra
November
India
Tango
Charlie
Hotel

The SNITCH

Holy fuck, someone's making a game where you're a normal dude trying to survive a fucking Kaiju attack from Godzilla / Gamera / an EVA? GOTY confirmed

Isn't it from the Disaster Report people?

Kaladin

I watched the first half of Progress Chapter 50 and then switched over to this week's NXT. Donovan Dijak vs. Pete Dunne was good shit in Progress. And the Roderick Strong vs Bobby Roode title match could have been a PPV title match at NXT. Hell, we've had two straight weeks with NXT giving us PPV quality main events. Also, I'm loving seeing them use Sanity more as a tag team, and that tease of Killian Dain getting a shot at Roode.

Also, I watched the rap battle clip with New Day vs Usos......that was.....bad.

Sephzilla

Isn't it from the Disaster Report people?

i think it is

Everything about Roman so far has made it incredibly clear that he's a teachers pet who's probably being groomed to be the next union snitch after Cena is gone. Plus since Roman has that Rocky relation, he has all the job security in the world and doesn't need any union help

I watched the first half of Progress Chapter 50 and then switched over to this week's NXT. Donovan Dijak vs. Pete Dunne was good shit in Progress. And the Roderick Strong vs Bobby Roode title match could have been a PPV title match at NXT. Hell, we've had two straight weeks with NXT giving us PPV quality main events. Also, I'm loving seeing them use Sanity more as a tag team, and that tease of Killian Dain getting a shot at Roode.

Also, I watched the rap battle clip with New Day vs Usos......that was.....bad.

That rap battle was corny as fuck. It was pretty much "how do you do fellow kids". A few moments were pretty funny, but having the entourages and everything was just lame.

Kaladin

That rap battle was corny as fuck. It was pretty much "how do you do fellow kids". A few moments were pretty funny, but having the entourages and everything was just lame.

You would think if you were going to do a rap battle you would practice having some flow, instead it came across like it probably would if I was asked to rap battle someone with pre-written lines.

I now see why Heroman loves the Bucks

"Deep down, 45 superkicks are all different from just one superkick replayed 45 times"

No by his logic all kicks are the same because they use feet... and really all moves aren't that different because they all use body parts.

He should be so bored by that logic

But human really aren't that different from each from the genetic and even social level. Like we're and NJPW follow the same basic role of pro wrestling it just one does a better job than the othet

I love you, friend Heroman. But society is kind of like the big thing that divides and fucks up communication between people. It *may* be different here in WrassleGAF, but in a wider context...

Think in terms of a TV show: New Japan is a procedural and WWE is serialised - in NJPW the execution itself is the story, whereas in WWE it's just a means to further the story.

Recall

I was looking for console information myself the other day and saw the devs were saying that it would be in early access for a few months so chances are we will get the game for consoles towards the end of the year.

Think they said at least by the end of the year, but it depends how early access goes. The netcode could be shagged.

From what I understand, the Steam release is near complete so I really don't think it will be a huge amount of time.

You probably don't need a super great PC to run it though. I think if Workshop integration is well implemented it could be pretty wonderful.

Cheers guys, I think I'll hedge my bets on a December release :)

Top Bottom