• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Heroman

Banned
My 3 year anniversary of becoming a WrassleGAFfer is coming up soon, and I just want to say you guys are tremendous. It has been a wild and crazy ride and I have been able to talk to so many cool people about this sport. I hope to continue bringing my patented hot takes for many years to come.

jmdajr

My 3 year anniversary of becoming a WrassleGAFfer is coming up soon, and I just want to say you guys are tremendous. It has been a wild and crazy ride and I have been able to talk to so many cool people about this sport. I hope to continue bringing my patented hot takes for many years to come.

Five Years and it's over! Everything!

Enjoy the ride!

I've too grown fond of the jabronies here at Sports Entertainment GAF.

Zach

Show me on the doll. Where did he touch you, Zach?

charliemolested.gif

According to the owner of NJPW, USA special was a success. So much so, that there are plans to have a Los Angeles office and Dojo.

That was already the plan. They are just moving faster on it. The new info is that they want to do a US Tour by March or April.

Meltzer is saying they are talking about doing NOLA for WM weekend.

Foggy

Could WWE buy NJPW?

In all likelihood, no. They'd only do it for the roster and maybe the library, but then they'd have to subtitle all that stuff(which isn't likely) because no way would they release purely foreign language stuff on the network. NJPW would have to be threatening enough to consider buying as an anti-competitive measure but at that point Bushiroad would have no interest in selling. Also so much of WWE's money goes to keeping that ship afloat and NJPW is doing well financially for the first time in a long while. Also Kidani is just as rich as McMahon, he just doesn't put all his eggs in one basket.

Syder

Why would you buy TNA?
They need to incentivise people paying for the Network. Wrestlers like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe built up great bodies of work whilst in TNA and as someone that never watched TNA when it was "good" I'd definitely want to see these old matches.

Meltzer didn't say that though. He said they want to be in Nola in 2018 and that is it.

That's BS because it doesn't take into account the context. On Monday's Observer Radio, someone asked if New Japan would run NOLA for WM weekend and Meltzer said he doubted it. Then on today's radio he said that "actually" they were thinking about running NOLA. That's clearly an update on info.

Plus why would New Japan run NOLA if not on WM weekend? There are a ton of cities that are better wrestling markets if you are just running a random show in say May or September.

cheers, lad

Happy three years, dude.

Draxal

Can you hostile take over a private company?

Nope, you can't, unless say you bribe Kidani's family against his wishes. Didn't realize Kidani owned Bushiroad completely, it would make it even harder.

That's BS because it doesn't take into account the context. On Monday's Observer Radio, someone asked if New Japan would run NOLA for WM weekend and Meltzer said he doubted it. Then on today's radio he said that "actually" they were thinking about running NOLA. That's clearly an update on info.

Plus why would New Japan run NOLA if not on WM weekend? There are a ton of cities that are better wrestling markets if you are just running a random show in say May or September.

Fair enough.

NJPW isn't making money hand over fist. Hell they were straight up losing money 5 years ago.

You can't force a person to sell his company though.

Added to this, the developers working on a brand new character archetype system known as ‘fighting styles.' Each wrestler in the roster is set up with a particular archetype, like high-flyer or giant, which reflects their physique, moveset, and physical prowess in the ring. This is not only to reflect the variety in the roster, but also to give players diving into Create-A-Wrestler more defined archetypes to attach themselves to.

2K already had to clarify this is only for MyCareer and Nothing Else, btw

Hex

Banned
NJPW isn't making money hand over fist. Hell they were straight up losing money 5 years ago.

Colonials have this whole mentality that "if person A has more money than person B they could totally buy them out"
It is laughable how lightly the term is tossed around.

Top Bottom