• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

RBH

Heroman

Banned
Nope, you can't, unless say you bribe Kidani's family against his wishes. Didn't realize Kidani owned Bushiroad completely, it would make it even harder.
The biggest problem with WWE buying njpw is that the most valuable thing WWE would want the tape library and aren't own by NJPW and have werid rights issue.

The biggest problem with WWE buying njpw is that the most valuable thing WWE would want the tape library aren't own by NJPW and have werid rights issue.

Crazy to say but the Bullet Club trademark is probably the most valuable New Japan asset in the US. I couldn't believe how much BC merch they sold in Long Beach.

Crazy to say but the Bullet Club trademark is probably the most valuable New Japan asset in the US. I couldn't believe how much BC merch they sold in Long Beach.
Honestly the Bullet Club design is one of the best wrestling designs ever

It's unfortunate that majority of the faction is a joke currently. I wouldn't want to buy one at this point but I quite like their newer designs

Hex

Banned
I love when the company answer is "I mean he's usually right, so we trust him"

Great Balls of Fire is literally Vince stomping his feet and saying "I will show you that I can get anything over" (and nobody is brave enough to mention Roman)

Tbh I think GBoF is pretty funny.

And we got a grest somg out of it and a really cool 50s Drive In motif which I dig.

Far more charm and personality than Battleground

Heroman

Banned
Great balls of fire is one the few things makes me embarrassed to be a wreslting fan. Could you imagine this show with this name on ppv?

Fox318

All that time and effort Vince takes to rename lingo and call his shit entertainment.

Then he has an event with testicles in the logo.

Syder

lmfao pls tell me Dave did Not just give Cody/Okada a fucking 4.5
Really?

That's a quarter star less than the Suzuki match which is one of my favourite matches of the year. By year's end, the Cody match won't even be in my Top 25 matches.

That's a half star more than the fucking Fale match which, by all accounts, was a very good match.

I'm tellin' ya, Dave broke the ratings system by going to 6 stars.

Foggy

He rated that first Roode/Nak match about the same didn't he? The quality was about on that level. I don't know, maybe he was jazzed about the whole champ vs champ thing.

One note on the Omega/Ishii match: Kenny's chops were THUNDEROUS live. That's one thing that doesn't come across on the broadcast audio. I was stunned at how good his chops and his open palm counter were.

lmfao pls tell me Dave did Not just give Cody/Okada a fucking 4.5

Fucking absurd

He rated that first Roode/Nak match about the same didn't he? The quality was about on that level. I don't know, maybe he was jazzed about the whole champ vs champ thing.

One note on the Omega/Ishii match: Kenny's chops were THUNDEROUS live. That's one thing that doesn't come across on the broadcast audio. I was stunned at how good his chops and his open palm counter were.

Rodde vs Nak told a way better story and was a much much better match.

So Okada vs Cody gets 4.5 but Omega vs Ishii only get .25 more...

In no world was Omega vs Ishii only .25 better than Cody vs Okada.

If he's going to rank Okada vs Cody that high Omega vs Ishii was 5*, I mean it was 5* anyway but still.

Also somehow Omega vs Lethal gets the same score as a bunch of the tag matches at 3.75* lol

Heroman

Banned
Fucking absurd

If he's going to rank Okada vs Cody that high Omega vs Ishii was 5*, I mean it was 5* anyway but still.

Also somehow Omega vs Lethal gets the same score as a bunch of the tag matches at 3.75* lol
What in the world is this?

Really?

That's a quarter star less than the Suzuki match which is one of my favourite matches of the year. By year's end, the Cody match won't even be in my Top 25 matches.

That's a half star more than the fucking Fale match which, by all accounts, was a very good match.

I'm tellin' ya, Dave broke the ratings system by going to 6 stars.

Fucking absurd

Shit, by December I won't remember any match that happened Night 1, let alone that main event

And that's honestly being optimistic. By October Kenny/Ishii will very likely be the only thing I remember from the whole tour

Foggy

Fucking absurd

It bears repeating that he's gone on record many times saying that people care way more about his ratings than he does. He doesn't put much thought into this stuff.

Oh and Roode/Nak was dull, just like Okada/Cody.

i'm not one to play the njpw bias card but that's a njpw bias right there

Honestly, who cares? We all have our preferences, we all have our biases. He's never operated under the pretense of objectivity.

Syder

For comparison, Meltzer gave both Naito/Tanahashi matches this year 4.5 stars...

flaglol.gif

Some other honourable 4.5 star mentions: Okada v Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi), KUSHIDA v Hiromu Takahashi, Shibata v Goto, Tyler Bate v Pete Dunne, AoP v DIY v The Revival.

Shit, by December I won't remember any match that happened Night 1, let alone that main event
I decided to be nice and say Top 25 but in reality it wouldn't even be in contention for Top 50.

Top Bottom