• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Anth0ny

COLE: "WWE wants to congratulate Brock Lesnar on his dominant victory over Mark Hunt at UFC 200 this Saturday."

BRYON: "That's why they call him the Beast Incarnate"

JBL: "But the real question is can he survive The Viper this August at SummerSlam, Maggle?"

there it is.

Hex

Banned
What they should have done:

Put the belt on Brock so he could have fought as champ at UFC 200. Have him come back and beat everybody until they have a young over face they can have a face vs face match at mania.

Not Ambrose anymore.

WHat they will do:

Get Brock a win off Orton then feed him to their long haired vest wearing champion

Maybe turn Brock heel and say he doesn't want to sports entertain anymore

It is a gamble.What if they put the belt on him and he had lost?

jmdajr

They're Japanese, they probably don't know American beer mostly tastes like piss water.

They haven't tried

austin%20verive%20long.jpg

IPA's...yuck...

klonere

Banned
Balor is in a constant state of debuting and not debuting. He is Schrodinger's Callup. Ergo it is always safe to assume he is debuting, as well as the inverse.

Seriously though, he shot some stuff in Connecticut recently rather than staying down in Full Sail and "twitter wrestling insiders' have said that he's going to be on a show before the Draft or the Draft itself.

Caderfix

Hopefully , Brock time in the Ufc taught him to use more moves than his shit tygerman suplex.

90% of the fun is seeing Bork, literally, throwing his opponents all over the place, completely dominating EVERYONE. He just needs to spam that one move to make people happy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
His match with Orton will consist of 30 of them and a pinfall and you will like it.

That's the worst part. Brock was already booked so strong nobody could beat him without some kind of handwave, but then he added in "all I do is suplexes" and his matches stopped being anywhere near as entertaining, too.

Fox318

The underdog who never lost the title versus the man who defeated The Undertaker

It would have been the Hogan vs Andre of a new generation

Is it the biggest what if match of all time?

The story was there and both were active. Bryan wasn't in bad shape until Shaemus injured him again on that smackdown.

Kaladin

That's the worst part. Brock was already booked so strong nobody could beat him without some kind of handwave, but then he added in "all I do is suplexes" and his matches stopped being anywhere near as entertaining, too.

Brock sending people to suplex city and turning main eventers into jobbers was fun at first, but it does get old.

Go back and watch Brock's return extreme rules match vs Cena though......that was awesome until the finish.

Anth0ny

Brock sending people to suplex city and turning main eventers into jobbers was fun at first, but it does get old.

Go back and watch Brock's return extreme rules match vs Cena though......that was awesome until the finish.

go back and watch that match if you want to see a preview of summer slam vs orton

Sephzilla

Is it the biggest what if match of all time?

The story was there and both were active. Bryan wasn't in bad shape until Shaemus injured him again on that smackdown.

Possibly. The crowd would have been nuclear for that match too because Bryan was still white hot and Brock was at peak Brock-ness

I feel like hogan vs flair at a WM 8 is the biggest what if.

Yeah, this is still the biggest what-if match.

I think a distant third would be Hart vs Austin at WM14 for the title instead of HBK.

Sephzilla

Hogan/Austin would have been interesting but honestly I think Hogan/Rock was the better match especially for a Toronto crowd that didn't give a shit and was cheering Hogan no matter what.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I still say Brock's best match since his return was his match with Punk. But yeah his first match against Cena, his match with Roman and his second and third matches with Taker were really fun too.

It sucks they're going the Smackdown and Raw champion routes again, Brock would be the perfect candidate to be WWE champion who stands above everyone else as they fight their way up to challenge him and have his opponents either chosen by a kayfabe rankings or a committee with everyone on both shows getting a chance to face the champion at WrestleMania by winning the Rumble as they've done and then in July set up King of the Ring to set up a title match at Summerslam.

So they told me Sabel was holding up pretty good.

24/7 access to a private gym and money does wonders.

Sephzilla

Fav Five What If Matches
1) Hogan vs Flair - WM8
2) Brock vs Bryan - WM31
3) Undertaker vs Sting - WM31
4) Hart vs Austin - WM14
5) Brock vs Samoa Joe - My Dream Wrestlemania

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Punk vs Cena at WM 28 or 29 is another big what if.
True but it's not like we're exactly short of fantastic Punk/Cena matches. They might not have happened on the biggest stage, but they happened. Their match on Raw like a month before Mania was better than anything at Mania 29.

Anth0ny

I think a distant third would be Hart vs Austin at WM14 for the title instead of HBK.

the amazing thing about that potential match is they probably would have went out and tried to top their mania 13 match, which was already the greatest match ever.

imagine kicking off the austin era, the attitude era, with the greatest match of all time. that would have been something.

Punk/AJ
Punk/Owens
Punk/Nak
Punk/Shield dudes
Punk/Joe
Punk/Sami
Punk/Cesaro

God damn I miss Punk. Fuck Ryback for thinking his wotth is even a quarter of Punk's.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You could argue Rock/Cena 2 didn't either since WM29's buy-rate was noticeably lower than WM28's

Punk killed a lot of interest. Imagine how bad it could have been had he been headlining - whuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It sucks they're going the Smackdown and Raw champion routes again, Brock would be the perfect candidate to be WWE champion who stands above everyone else as they fight their way up to challenge him and have his opponents either chosen by a kayfabe rankings or a committee with everyone on both shows getting a chance to face the champion at WrestleMania by winning the Rumble as they've done and then in July set up King of the Ring to set up a title match at Summerslam.

24/7 access to a private gym and money does wonders.

I don't have a problem with distinct champions, but it doesn't make sense to me to not have the two champions get a match every year - they really need to make it so the champion of both rosters fight at WrestleMania to get the 2017 McMahon Trophy or something though.

I just think it would be way more interesting and a way better way to build up dudes who might not currently hold the title as badasses than saying they held the title 21398701985 times because rapid-fire title changes fall in and out of vogue.

Heroman

Banned
Punk/AJ
Punk/Owens
Punk/Nak
Punk/Shield dudes
Punk/Joe
Punk/Sami
Punk/Cesaro

God damn I miss Punk. Fuck Ryback for thinking his wotth is even a quarter of Punk's.

Punk leaving hurt wwe so much, imagine if was here right now and how different would be right now

Top Bottom