• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People did say shit when Brock went in to MMA though. Brock proved everyone wrong.

But Lesnar had a real background of an actual translatable skill and beastly athleticism and a lot of the criticism was just because Lesnar was a fake-fight wrasslin' man.

Punk legitimately has no translatable skills or any kind of remarkable athleticism. He's a just a random 35+ year old dude who got a contract with the biggest MMA company in the world for basically carny reasons.

notworksafe

Brock's a freak. You need Steiner math to explain him.

Even Joe Rogan can't handle Brock

Q8BVziO.jpg

Hex

Banned
Speaking of
re
debuts

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/752360846513274881

He's back

and better than ever

"God damn it what's Bischoff doing here..."
"MY GOD WHAT IS THE CLUB DOING WITH BISCHOFF...THAT SON OF A BITCH..NO...NO...."

Maggle it looks like Cena , Enzo and Cass have cleared he ring and regained control...what is going on here...wait THAT IS FINN BALOR ATTACKING JOHN CENA!!!"
"Was Bischoff behind this the whole time?" "Bischoff screws Vince again!"

Kaladin

The only advantage CM Punk has over another straight wrestler going into MMA is that he trained in MMA while he was wrestling and used some of that in his style.

Daniel Bryan did the same thing.

I don't think either of them would make a great MMA fighter.

Do they have someone on the roster that

A) Is young (ie NOT SAMOA JOE)
B) Could look credible beating Brock
C) Can talk
D) Is ready for the spot right now

I'm struggling to find a name myself.

Not quite there since he can't talk at main event level yet and needs more seasoning, but there is one:

CalmPreciousKingbird-size_restricted.gif

He said credible, e.g. people who have never been either pinned or NTR'd by Dolph Ziggler.

He's already in the middle of being rebuilt; just have him beat John Cena clean (cena pass-out in the camel clutch) and that'll do it.

...of course if Rusev is going to lose to ryder tonight forget that lol

jmdajr

People who could look credible beating Brock?

Kevin-Owens-NXT-Champion-660x400.png

Cool match probably... but credible?

Braun Strowman would probbaly look credible but have an awful match.

waits for Royal Rumble shoot gifs

edit: for real who would stand up to Brock in a shoot fight?
Kane
Big Show
Mark Henry
Rusev?
Titus?
Ryback?

edit: I would like to see Brock face some hoss guys from back in the day. Hercules, Barbarian, Dino Bravo, Rock Steiner, Haku, Vader etc.

Yes, that guy with absolutely no fighting or wrestling background would definitely not get beaten in seconds.

also he'd have to get tested by usada lol.

actually that could make for a good wwf crowd sign

ROMAN
FEARS
USADA

Another nominee for the "I could see this guy beating Lesnar in a predetermined WWE professional wrestling match" club

Big-E.png

I thought about him too, but it'd take a few months to make E credible because of the comedy stuff.

Sephzilla

I don't see why Big E would need "massive work" to put him into a feud with Lesnar. Just have a segment where New Day and Paul Heyman get into a promo war, have Paul say something that cuts deep, and then Big E shifts into serious mode. Boom, done.

It's sad to see how far Bruan Strowman has fallen. Dude should've been facing Brock at Mania.

That would be a short match

W25b0ov.png

Mahonay

Banned
Guys in WWE other than Brock that could give UFC a go;
- Jack Swagger
- Jason Jordan
- Chad Gable

If they trained for a year or two;
Rusev
Kenta
Cesaro

shaowebb

Yes, that guy with absolutely no fighting or wrestling background would definitely not get beaten in seconds.

At this point it'd take a complete repackage to save the guy from sinking with the rest of the Wyatt gimmick. They're enhancement talent built to be scary, who are big and can bump but they are just there to put folks over as "strong" because they technically all have a "monster" sort of character. In general, its not so much the wrestlers as their gimmick is now whats become enhancement booking to put folks against.

I dream of them putting a silent masked monster gimmick on Strowman. Its how they saved Kane from all his squashed gimmicks. Not like you have to be too damned technical to put over moves like chokeslams and tombstones, and the ability to no sell a finish by sitting up.

I don't see why Big E would need "massive work" to put him into a feud with Lesnar. Just have a segment where New Day and Paul Heyman get into a promo war, have Paul say something that cuts deep, and then Big E shifts into serious mode. Boom, done.

because it takes more then that for a lot of people to take him seriously. At the least I'd want him to win clean in a serious feud with a top guy - a cena, aj or rollins.

Top Bottom